Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte #690 Siren in Scarlet

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte #690 Siren in Scarlet

on 10/14/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had this and loved it years ago. I just got it again when I realized I missed my red lipsticks. This was the one I remembered in particular along with Rimmel 111. They are very similar but this is what the other matte reds should be - it's not at all drying and feels quite soft on the lips. Simply stunning bright red. It will be a staple of mine once again. Lately I had enough of the pinks, browns and nudes I was using constantly. Time for a change and this has a certain brightness that burgundy shades just don't have.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite lipstick at the moment. It's a beautiful blue based red and very flattering on all skin tones. It goes on beautifully and stays put. I originally bought it because I saw that it was a dupe for a MAC lipstick. I bought it and fell in love! It lasts through lunch, drinks.

on 5/6/2016 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really thought I'd love this, but I didn't. The creamy matte's are so comfortable to apply and look so nice. Well at the beginning. I had to reapply this 4 times during the day. That is the biggest difference I've found with drugstore and high end. Each time I drank or ate, the inner portion of my lips were gone. Not a good look. By the end of the day my lips were so dry and crinkled I couldn't get this off fast enough. I think I've learned my lesson.

My suggestion is the Urban Decay in 69. It is beautiful and stays on all day.

on 1/3/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Siren in Scarlet is a bright, vivid blue-based red. I've gotten so many compliments on this color.
Attention asian ladies looking for a bold flattering red, check this one out!

Its currently my favourite red of the moment, surpassing Red Revival which was my old favourite red for years.

The formula is very smooth, pigmented and easy to apply. I can easily get perfectly shaped lips straight from the tube, no lip brush needed.
It stays put like a rock and lasted through a greasy lunch with absolutely zero fading.

Funny story, one day I accidentally dropped my tube and ruined the lipstick. It bugged me so much, I immediately went out and bought a second tube. Proof that I'm definitely hooked!

Maybelline really did a phenomel job with the Creamy Matte line. And in my opinion is their best release to date.

on 3/18/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Dupe alert! This is Mac's Ruby Woo sensible twin sister...I can't believe it! Unless you are a brand snob there is NO reason to spend 17 bucks on a 6 lipstick. I am a firm believer that there is really nothing new under the sun regarding lip colors and formulas...if you take the time to peel the layers off of major names brands you will find that most are part of conglomerate companies that use the same products just name them different things and place them in their high end or drugstore brands. You can buy 3 of these AWESOME Maybelline Mattes for one Mac...this is a gorgeous color and a true neutral red...I think it would look great on most anyone!