L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar

L'Oreal Voluminous Superstar

2.4

Never again will I buy something I’ve not tried before without first looking here at the reviews. I bought this because L’Oreal usually has great products, however this mascara fails miserably!!!!!! Tried this both with and without the primer and both times it went on gooey, gobby and ugly my lashes. Left it on awhile to see what it would do and it transferred each time all over my upper lids and underneath my eyes as well. Then it began flaking and getting IN my sensitive eyes as well. Wouldn’t even rate this a 1 if a zero rating was an option. Horrible. Just makes a person feel as if a bad joke has been played in them and also like they were robbed of their hard earned money for a terrible product. Yuck !!!!!!

I couldn't wait to throw this in the garbage! Smudging, flaking, transfer throughout the day... And removal just makes it worse. I was more than happy to give it a try when I bought it at half price, but after a week, it's in the garbage and I am back to using the L'Oreal Double Extend. Save your money and pass on this product. I didn't like it so much that if it were free, I'd turn it down.

on 12/17/2017 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this mascara last week on Friday in red carpet black. I first applied the primer than mascara. My lashes looked long with more volume. Yet after 1 hour of wearing it my eyelids began to itch really bad. My left eye became super dry feeling, and the flakes of the mascara were falling into my eyes.

Fast forward a week later. My eyelids are getting applied Dr prescribed antibiotic ointment due to this mascara. I woke up the day after with crust surrounding both eyes.

Never will I buy this again.

I've tried lengthening mascaras with fibres in them before but wow did this one suck. I ended my first go of this by pulling multiple fallen fibres out of my eyes as it had shed throughout the day. So painful, not exactly what you want from your mascara. Primer was okay, once the mascara shed off I could see white lashes poking through. Glad I got it at a Priceline 50% sale because I won't be buying again, ridiculously overpriced at $30au.

on 12/31/2016 9:21:00 AM

This mascara works well for me and I've tried them all. I have light, fine, medium length lashes. The primer works well and the curved brush on the color side is good to get all my lashes. Have repurchased this.

Love the primer! mascara is meh

I can't get my usual mascara (L'Oréal Voluminous) here in Australia, so this has become my default choice here. I found it gave me the defined length and volume and didn't have any issues w the fibres getting into my eyes. It is $28.95 here so it's pricey but it works better than the cheapie Cover Girl alternative (Last Fusion) that I just bought and hate.

on 12/5/2016 2:51:00 AM

Love love love this, you must have patience to apply this two step mascara to reap the benefits of how awesome your lashes are gonna look once your done. Get the matching eyeliner as well trust me you'll ace that winged look with this paired together. The black version dries with a beautiful rich saturated matte finish and the curved wand makes all the difference highly recommend

on 9/1/2016 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in Black and do not like it nearly as much as the waterproof version. This mascara gives a lot of length but that's it. It does not hold a curl and smears and smudges very easily. I like the primer/mascara application and the brushes for both sides are nice. Would not repurchase this.

PROS:
- Primer & Mascara
- Dantey wand
- brush is small enough to target the baby lashes

CONS:
- clumps
- smudges
- flakes off
- doesn't hold curl
- hard time coating every lash
- spider legs
- no volume
- little length
- eye irritation

I was super excited to try this mascara but I was highly disappointed. It's a real mess and it irritates my eye since it flakes. I find my lashes have problems with some mascara. The lashes right at the top of my eye tends to have a hard time holding mascara. It's like it builds up at the root and keeps tapering off at the tips leaving the tips uncoated. This mascara tends to do that. My lashes look stringy and spider leg like. Very unnatural. I don't like to use an eyelash curler due to lash loss and wrinkles. This does not curl, it actually weighs down my natural curl. I'd recommend CG Plumpify over this mascara.