The base LB Cream by Lara Bingle

The base LB Cream by Lara Bingle

4.8

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I wish I could find this in the US to avoid having to pay double the price of the product to have it shipped. Other than that, I love it.

on 5/18/2017 10:42:00 PM

I don't track down a lot of products I get in sample kits but this seems a stand out in the bb market. It is on the sheer side. Maybe use with a thicker cc cream or concealer if you want more coverage. However, I feel like I could put it on with tinted chapstick and do a school run etc. if I needed to. Over 40 so that is saying a lot! I'm having a hard time chasing it down though, it's been sold out and I don't want to pay the 30$ shipping from the Australian website. Maybe I'll have better luck with Sephora Aus. Hoping it will be stocked in US soon.

on 4/2/2016 4:24:00 AM

This stuff is AMAZING - it's really presented as a tinted moisturiser, BB, CC cream, whatever the latest thing is. I feel like, now that I'm spending so much time and effort constantly chemically peeling and omniluxing, I shouldn't hide my skin under thick layer of foundation. So I've definitely shifted to more sheer products that can enhance my skin appearance.

Basically, it's most like a tinted moisturiser, it comes in 4 shades, so might not work for everyone. I typically wear the 3rd lightest shade in most foundations and I'm wearing the lightest LB cream - Fair. Texture is cream, not lotion, I put 2 pea-sized portions on my fingers and rub then together, then apply it - using a combination of patting/pressing and rubbing into my skin. I've tried a Real Techniques foundation brush and I did;t love it as much, same with a beauty blender. The website does say that fingers are best and it turns out they are right.

The end result is my skin, but better - it's fairly sheer, but my skin is very clear as I routinely remove the top 3 layers, so I don't really have blemishes and my skin tone is even. My skin is combination, so I need to use blotting papers at lunchtime, but then I also need to do this with my usual Armani Lasting Silk. Skin is dewy, but not oily looking.

For me, this lasts all day, as I said, i do blot midway through the day, but I often wear this on a night out now, instead of actual foundation.

It has SPF, but I always wear 30+ or 50+ and it goes over either equally as well. It does't appear to transfer, but it removes nicely with a cream cleanser (1st cleanse).

I've tried alternatives; It Cosmetics CC Cream, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, Armani Face Fabric and none of them come close. I will keep buying this forever, as long as it's made, anyway.

Price is decent, $24 au either from The Base website or Sephora.au. That is A LOT cheaper than any of the alternatives listed above (i think my sample of IT cosmetics was $27au and it is shite) I've had my current tube for 6 months and I use it everyday, I think I've probably got another month left. But I have another tube in the cupboard just in case - I'll never be without this again!!

January 2018 - edited to add...
I understand they 'may' have changed the formulation of this - the ingredients listed on the website and the back of the package are no longer the same - but when emailed and asked point blank, customer service just avoided the question. I personally feel like the texture is different, which fits with the formula being altered - it feels runnier and oilier and no longer gives (me) the coverage or finish it used to. I'm bitterly disappointed. First world problems I know - but when your absolute, number 1 HG product, in the whole world changes - its an extinction level event. I feel like a sad dinosaur in more than one way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Great for sensitive skin. Not heavy like a foundation. I found most BB creams and CC creams make me itch but this one did not :) So glad I found it!!