DevaCurl SuperCream Coconut Curl Styler

DevaCurl SuperCream Coconut Curl Styler

4.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Hydroxpropyl Starch Phosphate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Laureth-4, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Wheat Starch, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

on 4/15/2019 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh, I love this stuff. I tried it first as a deluxe sample from Sephora. It ticks so many good boxes for me: It's scented, but because it's coconut, I don't mind. And even though it's scented it doesn't hang around my head in a smelly cloud (I do have short, fine hair, so I don't use a ton of it, either.) The texture is nice. It's creamy and gives my hair some moisture, fighting frizz, without feeling sticky or heavy or crispy. It provides some surprisingly nice hold, too. It works well applied to wet or dry hair, and does a nice job refreshing a hairdo, too. It's a tiny bit on the expensive side, but since it's a product that I love, it's worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Deva Curl Supercream is an excellent cream for curly hair. For reference I have High Prosity, medium thickness 2B/2C Curls.

This cream is medium thickness and spreads great with praying hands. I use 1 pump to evenly coat my shoulder length hair. I then follow with DC Ultra Defining Gel.

This super cream has coconut in it, which I love and my hair absolutely loves! So this works great for me.

It gives me hair EXTREME softness and very touchable soft flexiable curls.

This is my HG!

on 6/22/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I understand that coconut oil is great for curly hair, but I can't understand why so many products for curly hair are manufactured with such awful, fake coconut scents. I couldn't get past the stinky-poo of the coconut to even try this in my hair. Luckily I purchased this with other products as a trial kit or I'd have returned it. If you like artificial coconut as a fragrance, you might like this. I hated the smell enough to throw it in the trash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Oh man, I love this stuff. My hair is 3A and tends to lose shape, so on a wash day I typically only use No Poo, One Condition, and the Ultra Defining Gel, because I actually find that Supercream gets in the way of hold, which I need a lot of. However, for second/third/however-many day hair, this product can't be beat. On dry hair, this cream gives great hold, hydrates, calms frizz, and keeps my hair looking great! Since I started using this product, I've come to love my second and third day hair the most. This is really the perfect lazy woman's curl refresher. The packaging is a pump -- you can't really go wrong with that -- and you do get quite a lot of product for the money. This is somewhat costly and I tend to use a lot of it, but since I have never come across a product this effective, I feel I can't complain. I'd rather have 4 great, reliable products that cost a bit more than 20 crappy ones. I have also tried the regular Styling Cream, which I found utterly useless.
Highly recommended, and would definitely 100% repurchase.

Edited to add that since using Melt Into Moisture, I rarely reach for this anymore. It is a good product but I would not repurchase .

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Yeessss. A really nice styler that softens and ensures your hair retains moisture all week without needing to reapply it. It has a very light coconut scent. definitely a repurchase for my tightly curly hair. You only need a small amount for it to be effective.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Out of all of the DevaCurl products that I've ever used on my hair, this is definitely the best smelling one that I've ever encountered. I truly wish that all of their products smelled like this one. This product has a fresh, coconut smell, not like the unrefined coconut that you biuy out the stores, nor does it have a super fake coconut snell that so many products for curly hair has. It has a tropical coconut type of smell that just smells super pleasant, totally natural, and is not strong at all. I'm not sure if DevaCurl uses natural fragrances in their products or nit, but this product smells totally natural to me, which is why, I have absolutely no complaints about the snell of it all.

I don't hair type because, that is of no necessity to anyone, plus, hair typing is not taught in cosmetology school, when one goes to become a professional hair stylist. And, truth be told, hair care products aren't made according to any hairtyping system anyways, because that isn't scientifically possible to achieve period. Which is why, alt if false info put out there that many consumers happen to run with, should honestly be taken with a grain of salt, and not given a second thought about.

I have a naturally loose curl pattern, also my hair is of low density, is fine textured, and is naturally very dry as well. I do have high porosity haul, however, that has no bearing upon the product working for me or not, because products aren't created according to hair porosity levels, either. Any one with naturally textured hair can yptry this product, which is the same with any haircare product that exists in the world. If it works for your hair, then you've got a winner on your hands, and if it doesn't, then that simply means that the product is not designed to meet the specific individual needs of your hair, period. With my hair, this product happens to work great on it, with truly no problems at all. Now, any curly product that I use, all that it does is work to naturally enhance the existing curls and waves that are already on my head. They do not significantly change my curl pattern, which I am 100% okay with, because I don!5 buy curly hair products looking for such.

SuperCream provides my curls and waves with a healthy shine, plus, it naturally defines, defrosts, and provides a very light hold. This product provides me with 0 crunch. I do find that at least for my hair, using this product by itself in my hair does work best. My only con is the shall size of the bottle. Because, you don't get a lot for your money, this is not a product that I can use on a regular basis on my hair, and when I do use it, I use it sparingly only. But, outside of that, I really like this product a lot, and no, I don't get lots of shrinkage to my hour when I use this product in my hair at all. I use a Denman brush to detangle my hair with, so this helps keep my curls elongated, with very minimal shrinkage. I know that DevaCurl doesn't recommend you use a brush when detangle got, however, nothing works to detangle and elongate my curls better than the Denman brush. Just using my fingers alone, would leave my curls either lots of shrinkage and actually give me frizz, which i'm not down with at all. Which is why, I go with what works best for my hair, as there's absolutely nothing wrong with using a brush to detangele your hair while it's wet. Everyone's' hair needs are vastly different, which is why, it is best to follow what your hair responds best to, as oir hair honestly is the biggest indicator of what works best for it and what doesn't.

SupeerCream can be combined with other products in the hair, if need be. It's not heavy and it's not sticky, so you can always experiment it in different ways, just to see which way it happens to work best for you. Also, please be aware of there being fake DevaCurl products being widely sold on the Internet, especially Amazon, so definitely mane sure that what you get from DevaCurl is truly authentic, and not a fake product, that can cause all different types of negative things to occur with your hair. Definitely buy DevaCurl products from reputable sellers, okay.

Oh, and I cannot stress this high aenough, when applying any DevaCurl stylers to your hair, after it has been properly cleansed and conditioned, it is definitely recommended that you apply them onto to sopping wet hair. After you finish conditioning your hair, your not supposed to remove any water from your hair. And, you can let your hair air dry or diffuse it dry. Please know that you can use SuperCream on dry hair, I between your hair washing so to refresh your curls with. It will never leave a white film on your hair or flake ever.

I got this as a Sephora Mobile Offer so I've got 2 of these & I love it! I love the original Devacurl styling cream, I don't see a lot of difference between the 2 except the scent. This (& original) are amazing! This smells really yummy I don't know how they are different coz I get the same results but YMMV! I have 2C hair it looks like 3A hair w this. I've got a lot of natural frizz & this keeps my curls in check. It is expensive thou all the good stuff always is! I wash my hair w Living Proof PhD S/C & use LP No Frizz Spray then DevaCurl then spray gel & some hairspray. It sounds like a lot but my hair likes a lot of product. This is a little heavy so I'd caution against this if ur hair is super thin but I have really thin fine hair YMMV truly. Sephora's got a liberal return policy this is really indispensable for curly hair (or the original!). Winning!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

the worst curl cream i have ever used in my life! no definition, no frizz control, no slip! do not buy this for 3a hair!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Shhhh. Don't tell the Styling Cream, but this has replaced it as my HG. Slightly less producty feeling and better smelling, imo.

on 6/10/2016 11:58:00 AM

Loved the original DevaCurl curl cream and this stuff is right on par but with the addition of great smell and a little extra moisture from the coconut.

I have really thick, naturally wavy hair - I split my hair into two (just down the back of my head) and I use some hair oil and then one pump of this cream on each side. Comb it through from root to ends and then scrunge it all up to get the waves going. I’ll usually finish with a smoothing cream (I like frizz ease secret weapon currently) and then just let it all air dry. Took my hair regime from 20 minutes to 5 minutes and my hair looks amazing and natural!