E.L.F. Studio Illuminating Palette

E.L.F. Studio Illuminating Palette
Studio Illuminating PaletteStudio Illuminating Palette

4.2

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl GlycolMay Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 2/4/2018 7:03:00 AM

Should have kept my receipt. What a waste. These are SO powdery. Not smooth.

I tried numerous times before realizing it's junk. They are four oddly colored bad powders.

on 1/18/2018 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Waaaay too powdery!! Only one color out of all of them have a nice natural sheen. The rest are just a powdery mess. Will not be purchasing in the future

on 1/16/2018 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Thanks to MUB, I have been shopping my stash and started using this little amazing palette for all my h/l needs. I forgot how amazing this product is, well, all of e.l.f in general is the bomb and this palette is no different. I especially LOVE the price point considering other brands offer the same product for at least 5x more and those don't always perform as well as this palette. I can't recall where or how I heard about this, I just remember seeing it in Target and knowing I had to have it as it was only $6 for 4 different shades. Hell, I paid $8 for ONE CP highlighter so this is definitely a great deal for a great product. I apply with my RT setting brush and I will say that the product does dust up when picked up with the brush, but it's not that big of a deal and I can go back with the same brush to pick up the excess product and apply it. There is no scent, the product is creamy and blends easily, and there is a shade for just about every skin tone and every use. I've used these for shadow as well. I love the large mirror and the classic matte black packaging as well. I am definitely a renewed fan of e.l.f and when it's time to buy again, I will definitely hit up this brand because they are continuously stepping up their game!

on 10/16/2017 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I actually only use two shades from this (top right and bottom left). I mix them and use it to set my undereye concealer. I dont really use the lightest shade but its a decent highlight, natural and pretty - not my preference though. I would for sure buy it again just for setting my undereye (i like a kind of illuminating powder but not shimmery), kind of reminds me of the hourglass lighting powders.

on 10/10/2017 1:28:00 PM

I took a photo of my swatch that you can click above- for a closer look of what this looks like on my medium olive and slightly tanned hand. I actually found this at TJ Maxx so the already great price ( I think it runs around 10 bucks) was even better- I got it for $3.99. I was impressed this first time I use it but now that I have used it for over a month I wanted to give it a full review.

It is a great powder to finish up a look on your face and give it a slight glow. For me it doesn't look too glittery, just a barely there sheen. I like to use individual colors on certain areas- for instance the bronze color over my contouring and the rose color to blend in blush, but mostly I swirl a big fluffy brush over the whole palette and just fluff it over my finished face. It works great as just that last touch, blending everything and giving me a glow. I am really happy with it, and when I run out I will be getting it agaiu, just to have on hand for those days my skin looks lifeless and needs a boost.

on 9/2/2017 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

In my first review for this palette I gave it 4 lippies, but after a long period of time it has finally become 1 of my all time favorite products. Here's how I get use out of every single shade in this palette:

1. LIGHT YELLOW SHADE: great highlighter for fair - medium skin with warm undertones
2. LIGHT PINK SHADE: great highlighter for fair - light skin with cool undertones. I mix #1 and #2 to get that pop of glow for my face
3. NUDE SHADE: is quite similar to my skin tone, perfect to dust over my entire forehead if I ever use a foundation that's too matte or get carried away with my setting powder
4. COPPER SHADE: great highlighter for medium - dark skin. I use it as blush topper or sometimes an all-in-1 product instead of blush - bronzer - highlighter and it gives me that fresh, healthy glow I love

PROS:
- Gives a lit from within glow instead of a harsh stripe of highlight on the skin
- Doesn't exaggerate pores, texture too much

CONS:
- Texture is too soft (mine already has 1 pan that got broken on its own) and too powdery
- Not suitable for every single skin tone.

This is one of those products that you're either gonna be like "meh" about or fall in absolute love once you figure how to make it work for you. For the price though, I'd recommend anyone to give it a shot!

This highlighter palette is absolutely amazing for the price. They're a bit powdery, but give the most beautiful subtle highlight. I absolutely never used the bottom right shade though, so I popped it out and put one of their blushes there instead. I hear people say that this palette is a dupe for the hourglass ambient lighting palette. I decluttered that palette and kept this. I just prefer a softer formula like these instead of the slightly harder hourglass one. If you have a lighter skintone and are thinking of getting the hourglass palette, I would suggest trying this first. It's like, what, $3-5? At that price, what have you got to lose?

on 8/16/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE LOVE this palette! It is dirt cheap, the powders are so finely milled, and it is an almost-dupe for the Hourglass palette. I love a subtle highlighter so these powders are right up my street. You can build them up if you prefer a stronger highlight, but I like that 'glow from within'. The darkest powder on the bottom right is more shimmery and a little too dark for my fair skin to use as a highlight, I prefer the two middle colors.
Cons: the packaging is simple plastic (though with a large mirror), and doesn't feel too sturdy. Due to the fine powders I wouldn't dare to bring it with me on travels.

This is a pretty light day palette, I'd say. As a pale skinned girl, I'd say i can use 2 of 4 shades, maybe the 3rd as some kind of a contour. This is good for a day look, especially the white/gold. The fourth and darkest has one heck of an orange tinge to it, and I ended up discarding it. ONly about 12 bucks at the drugstore. If you want something inexpensive with a few different colours and a lighter highlight that's not blinding, this would be an option. I think once I run out however I will look for other options. Good for now.

on 8/10/2017 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like the packaging and the option in this palette, but unfortunately the pigmentation was lacking and I couldn't get it to show up on my skin tone so I had to pass it along to my neice who is fairer skinned. The texture of the powders is soft and buttery, the shades are pretty (just too light for me), and the pans pop out so if you had other e.l.f. palettes you could mix and match to make a custom palette. Great price point as always. Although this palette didn't work out for me I do recommend it for those with fair skin.