REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.8

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/12/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3.5/5

This is my second liquid foundation ever and I bought it right after using up my Lancome Teint Idole Liquid Foundation and...honestly the difference between them was minimal. I think Lancome applied a bit smoother, but the overall results were similar, so I guess this is pretty impressive for a drug-store product (or maybe Lancome just sucks lmao).

Just like what I experienced with Lancome, I wouldn't recommend using this foundation without a setting powder. I have oily skin and although this is the combination/oily formula, when it's been first applied my face still looks very shiny, but perhaps the formula did help with a longer, more matte wear (depends on the day, but 12-hour at best, DEFINITELY not 24-hour).

The coverage is medium to high, will be great for people without pimples, but I have acne and scars so this isn't sufficient without a concealer.

Product could also look cakey sometimes but I think that depends more on my skin condition that day, if I had just exfoliated that it would be quite smooth.

I also don't care for the SPF, I always apply a sunscreen separately, so can't really comment on that.

And package-wise, I do like the glass bottle but the plastic pump looks rather cheap (well it's not expensive I'll admit that).

On a side note, I made the mistake of choosing the wrong shade (200 Nude), way too pink-toned and light-colored for me...but of course this is my mistake, if I had chosen the right shade I'm sure it will look better.

Overall, if I were to go back to liquid foundation, I will buy this again, but for now I think powder just suits my skin type better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Guyyyyssss. Are my searches over for a yellow undertone fair liquid foundation for combination skin that doesn't look dry, has sunscreen, doesn't slide around on my face, doesn't oxidize, and is affordable?

That doesn't break out my sensitive af skin?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe, yes...

And we soon shall see.

This applies beautifully and has a balanced, natural, softly glowy finish that does not look or feel the least bit dry OR slimy.

So far I am really happy. I will update after a week to see if my sentitive skin likes this formula, but it looks and feels beautiful.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I always forget how amazing this foundation is! I just repurchased again after trying every drugstore foundation known to man and this is by far the best for my oily, breakout prone skin. There are many neutral shades available and I can get a perfect match for my yellow undertoned pale skin, and I love that it doesn’t oxidize on your skin at all so there is no worry that you are slowly transforming into an oompa loompa!

The full coverage is amazing and a little goes a long way. This also lasts ALL day on me and I only need to touch up with powder midway through the day which never happens with other foundations. It doesn’t break my skin out at all either with is another huge bonus! The only con I can think of is that it does need some good cleansing to remove, but that is due to the great lasting coverage, so that is not a big deal at all. Overall, this is a fabulous full coverage foundation at a great price that works really well for us oily skinned ladies! Highly recommend!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I first used this foundation maybe 10 years ago? Back then it had no pump, was super thick and did not help at all with my crazy oily skin. The only thing that worked was Estee Lauder Double Wear and it's been one of my favourites ever since. My skin has become a lot more normal since then and my nose is the only part that really gets shiny, but foundation still will fade away easily so I still need long wearing formulas.

I only recently found out about the repackaging and reformulation so I gave it another try and I'm really happy I did! I have a neutral undertone and I was able to find a perfect shade match that didn't oxidize (150 Buff), the coverage is medium and natural looking, it doesn't break me out, and of course a pump is always an improvement. Without powdering I can go about 6-8 hours without having a shiny nose, and about 10-12 if I set. I'd say it only lasts an hour or two less than ELDW and its less than half the price so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative with a less heavy finish you should give this a try.

on 8/1/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for years, now I think that I will use it no longer.

First, the positives - the coverage is great, the finish is great, and it lasts a reasonably long time (given a good setting powder). This is also one of the best shade matches that I own.

However, I can't use this product any longer for one big reason:
It breaks me the FUCK out. I used this when my skin was at my worst and I cringe at the thought that I did that! But recently, my skin has gotten better and I decided to give this foundation the benefit of the doubt and thought 'Hey - maybe it was just my skin being awful as per usual (because it was just awful in general at the time); let's see if it will break me out now, given that I no longer am really prone to breakouts as much'. NOPE. Noooope. The next day I woke up with a two BULGING pimples on the side of my face, and one in the making on my forehead.
It's also important to note that this foundation also contains ingredients that apparently are breakout-prone - so even if we don't have the same skin types, it's important to keep that in mind, and be cautious.

If I didn't breakout due to this foundation, I'd never buy another foundation again!

I tried this after being a faithful user of Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, as I found it began to look a bit cakey and seemed to accentuate my pores.
I bought this one instead, and it's quickly become my favourite foundation! When used with a primer it can last for hours and is the perfect 'my skin but better' foundation with medium coverage without looking too cakey. One layer seems to cover my open pores and mild rosacea very well, meaning you don't need to over-do it with concealer after using this foundation. There's no strong smell which is good as I have fairly sensitive skin in some parts of my face. The consistency is neither too thick or too thin.
I would never pay upwards of £30 for a high-end foundation when I can get this for £12.99 and it pretty much does the same job.
My shade is 150 and it matched perfectly without oxidising noticeably.
I would definitely recommend this!!!

on 5/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is the best part about this.

I had a bottle of their old formula with the horribly designed bottle but it dried quick and kept the oilies at bay. I'd put it on my worst zits and it'd actually seem to dry them out a little.

I have the new formula, which has a beautiful pump but it has spf 15 and at this level, the foundation now seems to break me out and slide off my face. I'm so upset! Not all of us want sunscreen in our foundation - if I wanted SS, I'd buy it separately.

So that's a warning to those of you who just can't win. This used to be my HG. I'm going to be beside myself if the regular formula is discontinued.

If SS doesn't break you out, you're in luck - if it doesn't...hope you can find the old stuff on the internet.

on 4/16/2018 5:26:00 PM

I had problems with oily skin and I didn't know what to do anymore to keep my foundation in place, then I found this. It has great coverage and makes skin look less oily. Even if my face gets a bit shiny after some hours, the foundation still stays on my face. If you apply some translucent powder it will take the shine away and it will look just fine. Definitely a good quality product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read that Revlon colorstay is supposed to be a dupe for Estee Lauder double wear. I love EL DW and this is my HG foundation, so I had to try this foundation. The price of Revlon over EL is amazing. The local grocery store had a coupon, so I got this foundation for $7.50. EL DW is $42! I was able to get a comparable color to EL.

I love the bottle and pump, which made application easy. It blended out nice with my ecotools sponge. It is light to medium where EL is medium to full coverage. I applied second layer and it was tacky, so I used too faced peach setting powder. This looks so cakey on the skin.

The color oxidized and made my skin look muddy. I really had high hopes, but this is not a dupe for EL DW.

on 4/4/2018 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

What's to say that has not been said about this foundation? It's perfect. My search for my HG foundation has ended. Who knew it would be with Revlon Colorstay! I use it in "buff" and it is the PERFECT match for my pale-fair skintone. Lasts all day. I apply it with a Bare Escentuals brush and it looks great. I had been wearing BB and CC cream for the past year due to not finding a good foundation. All of the ones that I've tried (drugstore to high end - way more than I can count) either oxidize, separate on my oily nose (ugh), clog my pores like crazy or just plain ol' don't control my super oily skin. Packaging is great - I like the glass bottle and pump. Love it! Can't see myself straying from this foundation ever.