Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.0

1 review

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!