Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

4.3

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

I tried this after being a faithful user of Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, as I found it began to look a bit cakey and seemed to accentuate my pores.
I bought this one instead, and it's quickly become my favourite foundation! When used with a primer it can last for hours and is the perfect 'my skin but better' foundation with medium coverage without looking too cakey. One layer seems to cover my open pores and mild rosacea very well, meaning you don't need to over-do it with concealer after using this foundation. There's no strong smell which is good as I have fairly sensitive skin in some parts of my face. The consistency is neither too thick or too thin.
I would never pay upwards of £30 for a high-end foundation when I can get this for £12.99 and it pretty much does the same job.
My shade is 150 and it matched perfectly without oxidising noticeably.
I would definitely recommend this!!!

on 4/16/2018 5:26:00 PM

I had problems with oily skin and I didn't know what to do anymore to keep my foundation in place, then I found this. It has great coverage and makes skin look less oily. Even if my face gets a bit shiny after some hours, the foundation still stays on my face. If you apply some translucent powder it will take the shine away and it will look just fine. Definitely a good quality product!

on 1/18/2018 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Been using for about 4 years now consistently. Love this product!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this in Ivory. Historically, I've had an impossible time finding drugstore foundations and concealers that aren't way too dark/orange for me. I used to wear Lancome 100 Ivoire N, and that's while I was deliberately sunning every day. Revlon's Ivory really is almost a perfect match for my skin. It's cooler toned than I am, but, since I'm prone to redness, it literally evens out.

As to the coverage, I'm of two minds. On one hand, it looks remarkably "matte but not flat," as another reviewer said below; I don't get shiny while wearing this foundation, but it avoids that obvious, slightly clumpy look that I tend to associate with foundation. On the other hand, I do wish it were more opaque; close up, some of my skin flaws (large pores, uneven coloring) are still somewhat noticeable. Perhaps I need a better primer or a different application method. I'll keep experimenting, but really, I'm happy with ColorStay Combination/Oily for what it is - a drugstore foundation that is relatively inexpensive, looks good on me, and comes with a pump.

I rarely have my makeup on for more than three hours, so I can't speak to the wear time. I'm oily/sensitive; I remove everything with a micellar water intended for waterproof product, then tone, and I haven't had any issues with breakouts or clogged pores. Good stuff!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have loved this product from the beginning! I love it even more now that the bottle features a pump, which is far more convenient and hygienic than just having it pour out of the bottle. I wear this in shade 110, as I am rather fair. When applied with a dampened Real Techniques sponge, I love the even (yet natural) finish I get from this foundation. In my experience, applying with the sponge and using a primer will make for the best results.

I am sooo disappointed in this foundation. I used it many moons ago, and while it wasn't perfect, it was ok, I just preferred ELDW over it so I stopped using it.
In time, Smashbox 15 Hr foundation and MAC SFF have become my HGs, but since I ran out of both, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper again, so I figured I'd revisit Colorstay - especially since it now has a pump.

Well, I am wearing it today for the first time, and nope...ain't going to work. I am combo/oily so I got the Combination/Oily version, and 6 hours into wearing it, this is what's going on:

- it feels heavy, I feel like I have a layer of paint on my face
- when I applied it this morning with my usual brush, it felt oily going on, and it looked streaky! This never happens to me with my other foundations. I had to go over it with my Beauty Blender, to make it look acceptable
- I have a bit of texture on one side of my nostril, and the foundation caked in it from the get-go, and I couldn't fix it
- it has a persistent scent. I can still smell it, hours later. The old version wasn't this perfumey
- I don't look matte. Actually, when I touch my face it feels a bit sticky, like the foundation hasn't dried. I also look quite glowy, and my blotting sheet was covered in oil
- it looks separated on parts of my face. From afar it still looks ok, but not up close
- it's not full coverage, maybe medium? Less coverage than it used to be, that's for sure.
- it's expensive. $21.99 + 13%tax for a drugstore product is unacceptable.

Pros:
- Ivory is a nice color match for me (NW15)
- the pump is a nice addition

Unfortunately, instead of saving money, I will end up spending more because now I have to buy one of my HG foundations too.
I just hope it won't break me out, now that would suck the big one.