Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.5

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I strongly l reccomend buying the bottle with the pump opposed to the bottle without one, as not all come with a pump for some weird reason. As for the formula, it was my first regular foundation I used when I first started getting into makeup, and I liked it quite a bit, it was the only one I used. Although I have moved on to more higher end foundations, I would absolutely reccomend this to somebody getting into makeup or even just in general as an affordable decent foundation. Its excellent that they offer formulas to different skin types, as someone with very oily/combination skin I value that a lot. Also a pretty respectable colour range. Try and buy when it's on sale because they have increased the price in recent years and im just not sure its worth the high price some places are asking for, but if you can get it when it's going cheap, then awesome!

on 6/29/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE:
Great foundation. I can do the no makeup look with a couple of shades of it plus blush/lipbalm/mascara/light dusting of loose powder. Its so easy to apply too( I do it with fingers and use a RT sponge for my nose area). It resists breaking down for a pretty long time on oily skin in hot weather. It doesn't settle into lines. Did I say I look like I'm not wearing makeup while at the same time having a solid medium to medium high-ish coverage? Great Price. Conveniently accessible. Has a pump.

Since its not full coverage, I like using a medium coverage concealer sparingly around my eyes with it, and I do makeup looks that would work on a bare face only using tinted moisturizer. Also, because I have acne prone skin all the bronzer/contour powder products I try break me out badly, so I use this in two-three shades to bronze/contour and highlight the face slightly.

Im giving this 4 stars because they claim this is full coverage but it's not, AND because I wish the color range included more yellow/olive leaning shades. Seriously the best drugstore foundation I have tried for combination skin so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a review for the new one with the pump.

This performs like a high-end foundation and its my favorite drugstore foundation so far. Sadly it can't be built up to full coverage despite its claims, but it gives you a natural looking medium coverage with a natural finish, not matte, not dewy, somewhere in the middle. Another sad bit is that there is not a lot of olive/yellow tones, but Im around NC40-NC42 and 360 Golden caramel blends in fine. Its a tiny bit darker/orangier than me, but not so much I can't use it.

The foundation It's actually long wearing (thankfully) and if you exercise you won't look insane at the end. After heavy sweating and then drying my face with a paper towel, this stuff still looks good. Compare that to how I look after sweating with Loreal Pro Matte it lifts off my face, I lose coverage, and it gets patchy and cakey looking; So I would actually wear a thin layer of Revlon Colorstay to the beach fearlessly, since it seems to be water-resistant.

I'm quite acne prone and don't have any major issues using this. Today I applied this foundation with fingers and coupled it with the Wet and Wild Photo focus concealer to add coverage under my eyes and on blemishes, and powdered everything down a bit with loose powder to my prefered demi matte finish. I look good and not overdone.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. Would I reccomend to people with normal/combo/oily skin? Yes. I think its a good foolproof foundation to get a the drugstore if you can get a good colormatch. I only take a lippie off because I wish they had more yellow tones AND that it was full coverage, since they claim it is.

This is HG for me. I try other things from time to time, because makeup, but I come back to this. I am in the shade 150 in the winter and 180 in the summer.

I apply with either fingers, a Real Techniques sponge or an Artis-like brush (the ones that look like fluffy toothbrushes). I like this any way I apply it, though overall prefer application with the brush (mine is from Crown Brush, I got it in my Boxycharm for May 2017).

This stuff wears like iron on my combo skin and has great coverage. I feel like it has a good shade range, and has a neutral enough option for my skin tone.

This also has a pump, which is great- until you get to the end of the bottle- then I lay the bottle on its side and use the straw thingy inside to scoop the foundation out, lol. Either way, I can sure get pretty much all the product out!

It's a smidge pricey- but Ulta frequently has Revlon buy 1 get one 50% off, so I usually stock up on a couple bottles then. It's not as cheap as like Wet and Wild, but comparable to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

I really like this foundation, wear time is great and color match is excellent for me.

on 5/20/2017 1:26:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I have tried high end (Giorgio Armani, Estée Lauder, Too Faced, etc) and yet I still come back to this drugstore foundation time and time again. It gives a lot of coverage without looking heavy or valet. Just looks like flawless skin. Also has a great shade range!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used this for years and loved it until they reformulated it. I've tried everything to make the new version work but it's not happening. I don't know if it's the sunscreen or the added silicones but this gets patchy, slides off, transfers and breaks down in about 8 hours, the previous formula I could wear for 12+ hours and still look great. It applies better with a sponge, streaky with a brush.
I suspect this gave me dermatitis about 6 months ago. My skin started peeling and burned, it was horrible. I stopped using this and after battling the dermatitis for months, it went away.
I loved this foundation so much but it's time to move on, whatever they did to re formulate it ruined it.

on 6/22/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let's start with the colour selection: everything is too pink!!
I don't know how and WHY would a brand like revlon make foundation to people with pink undertone. like hello??? middle eaterns??? latinas??? east asians??? we exist!
I tried a few in the store and the lighting was so confusing but I had to go to a birthday party so I was a little pressured to buy this, I could find anyhting better because they were closing.. I was like fine I'll get. I ended up mixing it with: yellow concealer, primer, my mom's foundation (which is darker). It turned out okay but I didn't like the fact I had to do all of that just for a good shade. The consistency was okay but I did set it with my Alima Pure loose powder for the perfect colour and a good set- that's why I can't tell how much this handles oil, but I don't think it's that good.
It also highlights pores and not good for taking pictures! I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, the formula has changed. It is more liquidy than before. It is slightly disappointing, but still does the job.

Coverage is great, but not as full as the old formula. I noticed that it transfers a lot. The old formula would stay put for hours and blotting would never be necessary. With the new formula, I would need to use more powder for touch-ups to keep myself matte throughout the day.

The pump is great, because now I can control the amount I use on a daily basis. You can pump lightly to dispense a small amount or use full pressure to get the maximum amount.

Very comparable to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but I would say that Estee is better because it lasts longer and doesn't make me as oily. However, this is cheaper and still makes my skin look flawless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation for everyday. I am a big fan of EL double wear however I am reserving that for special occasion. This is a great alternative to double wear. I wish that buff would have been more yellower but as an nc20 gal it blends well with my skin. I love it and will keep repurchasing. Big plus is that it comes with a pump!

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

To me, As far as d/s foundations go, Revlon is definitely the best. I love the colorstay whipped foundation in the jar but they did not have the shade i was looking for at walmart so i tried the revlon colorstay makeup combination/oily skin that has a pump. it does its job really well as far as coverage. i like squirting some of the makeup onto a kabuki brush and applying then squirting some on a makeup sponge and using that to concentrate the foundation on under eye circles, acne, and scarring. i then apply a clinique powder to set this with. i love this foundation, i have used half the bottle already and will definitely be repurchasing. i got it in the nude color. would definitely recommend.