REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.4

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/12/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3.5/5

This is my second liquid foundation ever and I bought it right after using up my Lancome Teint Idole Liquid Foundation and...honestly the difference between them was minimal. I think Lancome applied a bit smoother, but the overall results were similar, so I guess this is pretty impressive for a drug-store product (or maybe Lancome just sucks lmao).

Just like what I experienced with Lancome, I wouldn't recommend using this foundation without a setting powder. I have oily skin and although this is the combination/oily formula, when it's been first applied my face still looks very shiny, but perhaps the formula did help with a longer, more matte wear (depends on the day, but 12-hour at best, DEFINITELY not 24-hour).

The coverage is medium to high, will be great for people without pimples, but I have acne and scars so this isn't sufficient without a concealer.

Product could also look cakey sometimes but I think that depends more on my skin condition that day, if I had just exfoliated that it would be quite smooth.

I also don't care for the SPF, I always apply a sunscreen separately, so can't really comment on that.

And package-wise, I do like the glass bottle but the plastic pump looks rather cheap (well it's not expensive I'll admit that).

On a side note, I made the mistake of choosing the wrong shade (200 Nude), way too pink-toned and light-colored for me...but of course this is my mistake, if I had chosen the right shade I'm sure it will look better.

Overall, if I were to go back to liquid foundation, I will buy this again, but for now I think powder just suits my skin type better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Guyyyyssss. Are my searches over for a yellow undertone fair liquid foundation for combination skin that doesn't look dry, has sunscreen, doesn't slide around on my face, doesn't oxidize, and is affordable?

That doesn't break out my sensitive af skin?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe, yes...

And we soon shall see.

This applies beautifully and has a balanced, natural, softly glowy finish that does not look or feel the least bit dry OR slimy.

So far I am really happy. I will update after a week to see if my sentitive skin likes this formula, but it looks and feels beautiful.

on 8/1/2018 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for years, now I think that I will use it no longer.

First, the positives - the coverage is great, the finish is great, and it lasts a reasonably long time (given a good setting powder). This is also one of the best shade matches that I own.

However, I can't use this product any longer for one big reason:
It breaks me the FUCK out. I used this when my skin was at my worst and I cringe at the thought that I did that! But recently, my skin has gotten better and I decided to give this foundation the benefit of the doubt and thought 'Hey - maybe it was just my skin being awful as per usual (because it was just awful in general at the time); let's see if it will break me out now, given that I no longer am really prone to breakouts as much'. NOPE. Noooope. The next day I woke up with a two BULGING pimples on the side of my face, and one in the making on my forehead.
It's also important to note that this foundation also contains ingredients that apparently are breakout-prone - so even if we don't have the same skin types, it's important to keep that in mind, and be cautious.

If I didn't breakout due to this foundation, I'd never buy another foundation again!

on 5/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is the best part about this.

I had a bottle of their old formula with the horribly designed bottle but it dried quick and kept the oilies at bay. I'd put it on my worst zits and it'd actually seem to dry them out a little.

I have the new formula, which has a beautiful pump but it has spf 15 and at this level, the foundation now seems to break me out and slide off my face. I'm so upset! Not all of us want sunscreen in our foundation - if I wanted SS, I'd buy it separately.

So that's a warning to those of you who just can't win. This used to be my HG. I'm going to be beside myself if the regular formula is discontinued.

If SS doesn't break you out, you're in luck - if it doesn't...hope you can find the old stuff on the internet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read that Revlon colorstay is supposed to be a dupe for Estee Lauder double wear. I love EL DW and this is my HG foundation, so I had to try this foundation. The price of Revlon over EL is amazing. The local grocery store had a coupon, so I got this foundation for $7.50. EL DW is $42! I was able to get a comparable color to EL.

I love the bottle and pump, which made application easy. It blended out nice with my ecotools sponge. It is light to medium where EL is medium to full coverage. I applied second layer and it was tacky, so I used too faced peach setting powder. This looks so cakey on the skin.

The color oxidized and made my skin look muddy. I really had high hopes, but this is not a dupe for EL DW.

on 4/4/2018 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

What's to say that has not been said about this foundation? It's perfect. My search for my HG foundation has ended. Who knew it would be with Revlon Colorstay! I use it in "buff" and it is the PERFECT match for my pale-fair skintone. Lasts all day. I apply it with a Bare Escentuals brush and it looks great. I had been wearing BB and CC cream for the past year due to not finding a good foundation. All of the ones that I've tried (drugstore to high end - way more than I can count) either oxidize, separate on my oily nose (ugh), clog my pores like crazy or just plain ol' don't control my super oily skin. Packaging is great - I like the glass bottle and pump. Love it! Can't see myself straying from this foundation ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really, really wanted to love this foundation. It's the only one in Romanian drugstores that *perfectly* matches my very fair, neutral skin tone (I use 150 Buff), and it provides very decent coverage. However, no matter how I applied it (brush/ beauty blender), and even set it with powder, it doesn't want to look good on my face for more than five hours. I have combination (not very oily), sensitive, acne-prone skin. It stays matte, however it sort of breaks down and rubs off at the same time, and somehow ends up looking cakey, flaky, and chalky within a few hours. All of this while patches of redness and blemishes start showing through. I was very disappointed that this didn't get along with my skin. I now use it to lighten other drugstore foundations (most of the time the lightest shades available here are a tad too dark for me).

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this after many years, I used to use the old formula and that was great this new one tho is not cutting it. It refuses to blend properly! It catches onto dry patches and I get super shiny really fast. It does not provide enough coverage and a second layer is impossible because it wont blend. I love the pump tho. I will stick with my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear. I probably will have to give this one away.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I strongly l reccomend buying the bottle with the pump opposed to the bottle without one, as not all come with a pump for some weird reason. As for the formula, it was my first regular foundation I used when I first started getting into makeup, and I liked it quite a bit, it was the only one I used. Although I have moved on to more higher end foundations, I would absolutely reccomend this to somebody getting into makeup or even just in general as an affordable decent foundation. Its excellent that they offer formulas to different skin types, as someone with very oily/combination skin I value that a lot. Also a pretty respectable colour range. Try and buy when it's on sale because they have increased the price in recent years and im just not sure its worth the high price some places are asking for, but if you can get it when it's going cheap, then awesome!