Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

4.1

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 6/29/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

UPDATE:
Great foundation. I can do the no makeup look with a couple of shades of it plus blush/lipbalm/mascara/light dusting of loose powder. Its so easy to apply too( I do it with fingers and use a RT sponge for my nose area). It resists breaking down for a pretty long time on oily skin in hot weather. It doesn't settle into lines. Did I say I look like I'm not wearing makeup while at the same time having a solid medium to medium high-ish coverage? Great Price. Conveniently accessible. Has a pump.

Since its not full coverage, I like using a medium coverage concealer sparingly around my eyes with it, and I do makeup looks that would work on a bare face only using tinted moisturizer. Also, because I have acne prone skin all the bronzer/contour powder products I try break me out badly, so I use this in two-three shades to bronze/contour and highlight the face slightly.

Im giving this 4 stars because they claim this is full coverage but it's not, AND because I wish the color range included more yellow/olive leaning shades. Seriously the best drugstore foundation I have tried for combination skin so far.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a review for the new one with the pump.

This performs like a high-end foundation and its my favorite drugstore foundation so far. Sadly it can't be built up to full coverage despite its claims, but it gives you a natural looking medium coverage with a natural finish, not matte, not dewy, somewhere in the middle. Another sad bit is that there is not a lot of olive/yellow tones, but Im around NC40-NC42 and 360 Golden caramel blends in fine. Its a tiny bit darker/orangier than me, but not so much I can't use it.

The foundation It's actually long wearing (thankfully) and if you exercise you won't look insane at the end. After heavy sweating and then drying my face with a paper towel, this stuff still looks good. Compare that to how I look after sweating with Loreal Pro Matte it lifts off my face, I lose coverage, and it gets patchy and cakey looking; So I would actually wear a thin layer of Revlon Colorstay to the beach fearlessly, since it seems to be water-resistant.

I'm quite acne prone and don't have any major issues using this. Today I applied this foundation with fingers and coupled it with the Wet and Wild Photo focus concealer to add coverage under my eyes and on blemishes, and powdered everything down a bit with loose powder to my prefered demi matte finish. I look good and not overdone.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. Would I reccomend to people with normal/combo/oily skin? Yes. I think its a good foolproof foundation to get a the drugstore if you can get a good colormatch. I only take a lippie off because I wish they had more yellow tones AND that it was full coverage, since they claim it is.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used this for years and loved it until they reformulated it. I've tried everything to make the new version work but it's not happening. I don't know if it's the sunscreen or the added silicones but this gets patchy, slides off, transfers and breaks down in about 8 hours, the previous formula I could wear for 12+ hours and still look great. It applies better with a sponge, streaky with a brush.
I suspect this gave me dermatitis about 6 months ago. My skin started peeling and burned, it was horrible. I stopped using this and after battling the dermatitis for months, it went away.
I loved this foundation so much but it's time to move on, whatever they did to re formulate it ruined it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have loved this product from the beginning! I love it even more now that the bottle features a pump, which is far more convenient and hygienic than just having it pour out of the bottle. I wear this in shade 110, as I am rather fair. When applied with a dampened Real Techniques sponge, I love the even (yet natural) finish I get from this foundation. In my experience, applying with the sponge and using a primer will make for the best results.

I am sooo disappointed in this foundation. I used it many moons ago, and while it wasn't perfect, it was ok, I just preferred ELDW over it so I stopped using it.
In time, Smashbox 15 Hr foundation and MAC SFF have become my HGs, but since I ran out of both, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper again, so I figured I'd revisit Colorstay - especially since it now has a pump.

Well, I am wearing it today for the first time, and nope...ain't going to work. I am combo/oily so I got the Combination/Oily version, and 6 hours into wearing it, this is what's going on:

- it feels heavy, I feel like I have a layer of paint on my face
- when I applied it this morning with my usual brush, it felt oily going on, and it looked streaky! This never happens to me with my other foundations. I had to go over it with my Beauty Blender, to make it look acceptable
- I have a bit of texture on one side of my nostril, and the foundation caked in it from the get-go, and I couldn't fix it
- it has a persistent scent. I can still smell it, hours later. The old version wasn't this perfumey
- I don't look matte. Actually, when I touch my face it feels a bit sticky, like the foundation hasn't dried. I also look quite glowy, and my blotting sheet was covered in oil
- it looks separated on parts of my face. From afar it still looks ok, but not up close
- it's not full coverage, maybe medium? Less coverage than it used to be, that's for sure.
- it's expensive. $21.99 + 13%tax for a drugstore product is unacceptable.

Pros:
- Ivory is a nice color match for me (NW15)
- the pump is a nice addition

Unfortunately, instead of saving money, I will end up spending more because now I have to buy one of my HG foundations too.
I just hope it won't break me out, now that would suck the big one.

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

To me, As far as d/s foundations go, Revlon is definitely the best. I love the colorstay whipped foundation in the jar but they did not have the shade i was looking for at walmart so i tried the revlon colorstay makeup combination/oily skin that has a pump. it does its job really well as far as coverage. i like squirting some of the makeup onto a kabuki brush and applying then squirting some on a makeup sponge and using that to concentrate the foundation on under eye circles, acne, and scarring. i then apply a clinique powder to set this with. i love this foundation, i have used half the bottle already and will definitely be repurchasing. i got it in the nude color. would definitely recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this foundation a few years ago, not knowing my shade, I ended up getting one that was to pale for me. The shades run light, I picked up buff first and it made me look ghostly white,So I went and picked up a darker one to mix with it and that worked. Then I was exchanging something at the store and was able to pick up my correct shade for free ( I wear 180 sand beige) I love the coverage this gives, doesn't cling to my fine facial hair and best of all doesn't transfer or breakdown during the day. I have oily skin and I'm shine free all day long...I have tried other foundations from the drugstore but sadly even after moisturizer and primer those foundations leave my skin look patchy like its clinging to dry patches that I don't have. I need to buy a new bottle since mines a few years old (plus, I want the pump) I plan on getting some much needed sun this summer and will be picking up a darker shade when the time comes.

on 3/8/2016 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love and hate relationship with this foundation. I have reviewed this foundation in other categories but found this title with one review so I had to give my two cents Of course, the pump was a great idea as we all pleaded for it. The shades are bit challenging as I am NC30 and theoretically I should settle for 310 which is Warm something or another. However, this shade is very peachy which I dislike so I usually go for Natural Tan or 330 which is a complimentary shade of tan on me. This is one of the few foundations in the market that lasts on my skin like a glue. So as an oily gal, this works well for me but depending on my hormones and how hot it is, the jury may be out.