Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.4

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 12/3/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Packaging doesn’t get any better than a glass bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser. Color starts off slightly ghostly, but oxidizes quickly to match my light-medium NC20-NC25 skin with yellow undertones. Coverage is medium and covers the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation left by my acne, but it’s not so opaque as to make me look dead. Consistency is “matte but not flat”; after a few hours on my very oily skin, it makes me look a pretty “dewy and glowy.” It does dissolve by the end of day and obviously puddles up where my glasses sit on the bridge of nose; on the remainder of my face, it does look kind of patchy up close, but is okay if viewed from at least arms’ length. It doesn’t break me out, but like any other foundation I’ve tried so far, does seem to leave my sebaceous filaments slightly more pronounced even after double-cleansing with oil cleanser and Cetaphil.

I don’t think Revlon ColorStay is holy grail status for my very oily skin, but it’s the best I’ve tried so far, and it’s what I’ll continue to use while I keep searching for my HG foundation.

on 10/24/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: 10/2017 - tried this again - (combo/oily version) and here I am, not even 3 hours of wear - and I had to blot with 3 (!!!!!) blotting sheets to take away my shine already. I even used a primer AND setting powder and applied this with a brush. For oil control, this isn't working for me. I may try without a primer tomorrow - but this prevents shine as long as any other foundation I've tried (Rimmel, NYX, CG, WnW). If NOT using a primer doesn't help (maybe my primer is making me oily?) I debate about repurchase, just because this does seem to handle my pores a bit better than other foundations. Not shine control, but pore-filling for oily, large pores, yes.

on 7/19/2017 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my new favorite foundation. I've tried tons that have disappointed but I love this one!

The pump bottle is great, allows for an easy and clean application. I have this in Sand Beige, which is a yellow-undertone to neutral tone. It looks a bit grey in the bottle but turns out to be a great match for my skin, which is fair-medium and neutral.

I apply this with a real techniques sponge. The formula dries pretty quickly, so you have to work fast to blend. I find that it covers the redness and unevenness in my face very well, doesn't look patchy, gives me a nice natural looking but polished finish that isn't too matte/flat or shiny either - just the right amount of glow. The coverage is probably about medium, but not fake or cakey looking and I imagine could be layered, and it lasts throughout the day.

As long as I remove completely with face wash every day, this won't break me out.

Will definitely repurchase.

I used to use this foundation (before pump bottle) and I absolutely loved it!

I like to try new foundations however and I really have been enjoying the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte.

I decided on a whim to pick this up again and what a HUGE disappointment. The coverage is not even half as good as it used to be, this takes a long time to set and transfers! Im beyond disappointed that they reformulated this. Looks like im sticking with Loreal Pro Matte.

EDIT: I tried using this by mixing this with my Pro Matte just to see what would happen, it looked great upon first application but throughout the day it broke up and started looking cakey and just overall not good. I'm so bummed.

I also want to add that if you contact Revlon directly and are unhappy with this foundation, they will reimburse you without you having to go to the store.

This foundation is great! I like the pump packaging and use less than half a pump for my full face. This is probably a rather sheer application for this foundation and you can definitely use more for full coverage. I don't set it with powder as I like the satin finish and it still lasts the whole day.

There is no discernible scent (I used the old version more than 10 years ago and it used to smell strongly of paint - yucks). I'm in between NC15-20 and use the shade Buff.

Purchased at: Target
Price: $15 plus tax

I haven't used the Revlon Colorstay in years. But, it's summer and I am struggling to find a foundation that stays put or stays matte during the summer months (and sometimes I need more than just concealer and powder although that's fine most of the time). I remembered this one working for me way back when and since they finally put a pump on their bottle, I figured I'd go for it. The first, rather obvious, pro is the pump! Second pro, for me, was the smell of the foundation. It has one, but I appreciate that it isn't the same strong almost paint-like smell that it used to have. The smell doesn't bother me, but it may bother some people who are sensitive to smells since this smell doesn't seem to go away after you've worn the foundation for a while. I like the coverage of this, but I wouldn't consider it as full coverage as the old formula had. I've applied with my fingers, a cosmetic wedge (my favorite method), real techniques sponge, flat foundation brush and a domed foundation brush and I could still see me acne scars under all applications with two pumps of foundation. It blends pretty well and doesn't set quite as fast as the old formula so you have time to work it into the skin. The finish, on me, is a semi-matte rather than a true matte (I have really oily skin). The texture looks like skin as long as you don't cake on too much. But....this does not stay matte very long on me at all. I get three hours out of it, tops. Then I'm shiny and have to blot (or powder). If you aren't super oily, I could see this staying matte longer and being really nice for that. But I'm giving this a 3 overall because the price (might as well go to Sephora; all the drugstore foundations here average $14 before tax) and the fact that it doesn't stay matte on me very long. If you can find this on sale, or for a better price than I can find it where you live, it wouldn't hurt to test out the new formulation. But I personally wont be purchasing this again.

on 6/22/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let's start with the colour selection: everything is too pink!!
I don't know how and WHY would a brand like revlon make foundation to people with pink undertone. like hello??? middle eaterns??? latinas??? east asians??? we exist!
I tried a few in the store and the lighting was so confusing but I had to go to a birthday party so I was a little pressured to buy this, I could find anyhting better because they were closing.. I was like fine I'll get. I ended up mixing it with: yellow concealer, primer, my mom's foundation (which is darker). It turned out okay but I didn't like the fact I had to do all of that just for a good shade. The consistency was okay but I did set it with my Alima Pure loose powder for the perfect colour and a good set- that's why I can't tell how much this handles oil, but I don't think it's that good.
It also highlights pores and not good for taking pictures! I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, the formula has changed. It is more liquidy than before. It is slightly disappointing, but still does the job.

Coverage is great, but not as full as the old formula. I noticed that it transfers a lot. The old formula would stay put for hours and blotting would never be necessary. With the new formula, I would need to use more powder for touch-ups to keep myself matte throughout the day.

The pump is great, because now I can control the amount I use on a daily basis. You can pump lightly to dispense a small amount or use full pressure to get the maximum amount.

Very comparable to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but I would say that Estee is better because it lasts longer and doesn't make me as oily. However, this is cheaper and still makes my skin look flawless.

on 4/9/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for about a month now. I usually use high end foundation or atleast foundation that you can't get at the drugstore. I wanted to use something cheaper and I chose this in the combo/oily formula even though I have dry skin. And I have to say it works really well. It's full coverage and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. The only thing I don't like is that it definitely looks like makeup on the skin, it doesn't melt into the skin like say Urban Decay Naked Skin, which is my favorite foundation. So I'd say if you're looking for a good full coverage drugstore choice, choose this, but mind you it doesn't look quite like skin.

on 2/6/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As a first step of an upcoming review, I write the ingredients list here. Except for the added sunscreen active ingredients, I don’t see any change in the formula compared to the non-pump bottle.

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3% • Zinc Oxide 2.1%)
Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben +/- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Also here are some pics :
- one of my bottles of Buff, oily skin and dry skin formulas, side by side,
- one of some swatches to compare the new US pump bottle formulas with the Australian pump bottle formulas I’ve been using since 2013.

Full Size Image