Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.5

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

This is HG for me. I try other things from time to time, because makeup, but I come back to this. I am in the shade 150 in the winter and 180 in the summer.

I apply with either fingers, a Real Techniques sponge or an Artis-like brush (the ones that look like fluffy toothbrushes). I like this any way I apply it, though overall prefer application with the brush (mine is from Crown Brush, I got it in my Boxycharm for May 2017).

This stuff wears like iron on my combo skin and has great coverage. I feel like it has a good shade range, and has a neutral enough option for my skin tone.

This also has a pump, which is great- until you get to the end of the bottle- then I lay the bottle on its side and use the straw thingy inside to scoop the foundation out, lol. Either way, I can sure get pretty much all the product out!

It's a smidge pricey- but Ulta frequently has Revlon buy 1 get one 50% off, so I usually stock up on a couple bottles then. It's not as cheap as like Wet and Wild, but comparable to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

I really like this foundation, wear time is great and color match is excellent for me.

I used to use this foundation (before pump bottle) and I absolutely loved it!

I like to try new foundations however and I really have been enjoying the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte.

I decided on a whim to pick this up again and what a HUGE disappointment. The coverage is not even half as good as it used to be, this takes a long time to set and transfers! Im beyond disappointed that they reformulated this. Looks like im sticking with Loreal Pro Matte.

EDIT: I tried using this by mixing this with my Pro Matte just to see what would happen, it looked great upon first application but throughout the day it broke up and started looking cakey and just overall not good. I'm so bummed.

I also want to add that if you contact Revlon directly and are unhappy with this foundation, they will reimburse you without you having to go to the store.

on 8/22/2016 1:32:00 PM

the best foundation i ever tried. and i've tried A LOT. preferred the old formula, but it still works. i think the smell is less prominent with the new formula. the pump is great! i'm nc15 and i wear it in the shade buff. it's a bit neutral, but somehow that suits me better than more yellow based foundations that do resemble my skin tone. i'll keep buying this forever!!!

To date this is the BEST foundation I have ever tried and that includes High End and Drugstore Foundations.

In a foundation I look for the following: Full Coverage, lasts all day, natural looking but flawless, keeps my skin from looking greasy (there is nothing I hate more than greasy foundation!) and this foudation does all of that!!! I have tried SO many from the drugstore and SO many high end foundations and this by far blows all of them out of the water. People all the time compliment my makeup and tell me how flawless my skin looks- this is defintiely thanks to Revlon Colorstay. Also- I have tried both the Combination/Oliy Formula and the Normal/Dry formula and for me personally I like the normal/dry but both work great. That just comes down to a personal preference.

I will say I havent tried the new pump bottle - I dont know if that formula is different- Im hoping not! I also will say that the formula over the last couple of years has changed a bit and I do notice a difference in the way it seperates around my forehead a little bit but I still love this foundation regardless.

If you are looking for a flawless looking foundation that is going to stay on all day, you must give this a try. Side note, I was in a wedding a few years ago and did the makeup for the wedding day for the Bride, Mother of the bride and a few bridesmaids using this foundation and everyone loved it and looked fantastic. So flawless and beautiful. I am doing another brides makeup this coming winter and am using this on her as well. This foundation is a MUST TRY!!!!

I am sooo disappointed in this foundation. I used it many moons ago, and while it wasn't perfect, it was ok, I just preferred ELDW over it so I stopped using it.
In time, Smashbox 15 Hr foundation and MAC SFF have become my HGs, but since I ran out of both, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper again, so I figured I'd revisit Colorstay - especially since it now has a pump.

Well, I am wearing it today for the first time, and nope...ain't going to work. I am combo/oily so I got the Combination/Oily version, and 6 hours into wearing it, this is what's going on:

- it feels heavy, I feel like I have a layer of paint on my face
- when I applied it this morning with my usual brush, it felt oily going on, and it looked streaky! This never happens to me with my other foundations. I had to go over it with my Beauty Blender, to make it look acceptable
- I have a bit of texture on one side of my nostril, and the foundation caked in it from the get-go, and I couldn't fix it
- it has a persistent scent. I can still smell it, hours later. The old version wasn't this perfumey
- I don't look matte. Actually, when I touch my face it feels a bit sticky, like the foundation hasn't dried. I also look quite glowy, and my blotting sheet was covered in oil
- it looks separated on parts of my face. From afar it still looks ok, but not up close
- it's not full coverage, maybe medium? Less coverage than it used to be, that's for sure.
- it's expensive. $21.99 + 13%tax for a drugstore product is unacceptable.

Pros:
- Ivory is a nice color match for me (NW15)
- the pump is a nice addition

Unfortunately, instead of saving money, I will end up spending more because now I have to buy one of my HG foundations too.
I just hope it won't break me out, now that would suck the big one.

on 6/22/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let's start with the colour selection: everything is too pink!!
I don't know how and WHY would a brand like revlon make foundation to people with pink undertone. like hello??? middle eaterns??? latinas??? east asians??? we exist!
I tried a few in the store and the lighting was so confusing but I had to go to a birthday party so I was a little pressured to buy this, I could find anyhting better because they were closing.. I was like fine I'll get. I ended up mixing it with: yellow concealer, primer, my mom's foundation (which is darker). It turned out okay but I didn't like the fact I had to do all of that just for a good shade. The consistency was okay but I did set it with my Alima Pure loose powder for the perfect colour and a good set- that's why I can't tell how much this handles oil, but I don't think it's that good.
It also highlights pores and not good for taking pictures! I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

on 4/7/2016 9:40:00 PM

Revlon Colorstay is what I use everyday. I have tried some high end foundations and Revlon Colorstay is better then the ones I've tried.
I have also tried a lot of the drug store foundations and so far this is the best one.
I have very oily skin so I need a foundation that has staying power and doesn't melt off when I get oily and this is pretty good.
However I liked the old Revlon Colorstay better before they changed it, it use to be thicker and more fuller coverage and stayed on no matter what I did.
Since the pump I have noticed it got more watery and doesn't stay on as well.
That being said it's still better then the other foundations I have tried.
I use the combination oily skin one in the color Buff and it is a perfect match for my fair skin with slight yellow undertones.
I would say it's a medium coverage foundation, it goes on nicely but takes forever to dry... Then I set it with Cover Girls loose powder in light.
It's not a 24 hour foundation but gets me through a long day!
It's a really good foundation, haven't found better yet!

I've been using colorstay for a couple years now. I just purchased the new one with a pump and I am SO disappointed. The formula has to be different. The foundation just sits on my skin and does not blend easily.

The search for a good foundation for my yellow based olive skin has been a long and hard journey. I found this foundation after reading a review on this site and have been using it for a good few years now. I love it! I have combination/oily skin and after setting this in with a powder it lasts me all day, and i mean all day! I put my makeup on at 8am and by 8pm its still in place. My only fault with this product would be that it doesn't last me very long!