Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Purchased at: Target
Price: $15 plus tax

I haven't used the Revlon Colorstay in years. But, it's summer and I am struggling to find a foundation that stays put or stays matte during the summer months (and sometimes I need more than just concealer and powder although that's fine most of the time). I remembered this one working for me way back when and since they finally put a pump on their bottle, I figured I'd go for it. The first, rather obvious, pro is the pump! Second pro, for me, was the smell of the foundation. It has one, but I appreciate that it isn't the same strong almost paint-like smell that it used to have. The smell doesn't bother me, but it may bother some people who are sensitive to smells since this smell doesn't seem to go away after you've worn the foundation for a while. I like the coverage of this, but I wouldn't consider it as full coverage as the old formula had. I've applied with my fingers, a cosmetic wedge (my favorite method), real techniques sponge, flat foundation brush and a domed foundation brush and I could still see me acne scars under all applications with two pumps of foundation. It blends pretty well and doesn't set quite as fast as the old formula so you have time to work it into the skin. The finish, on me, is a semi-matte rather than a true matte (I have really oily skin). The texture looks like skin as long as you don't cake on too much. But....this does not stay matte very long on me at all. I get three hours out of it, tops. Then I'm shiny and have to blot (or powder). If you aren't super oily, I could see this staying matte longer and being really nice for that. But I'm giving this a 3 overall because the price (might as well go to Sephora; all the drugstore foundations here average $14 before tax) and the fact that it doesn't stay matte on me very long. If you can find this on sale, or for a better price than I can find it where you live, it wouldn't hurt to test out the new formulation. But I personally wont be purchasing this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation for everyday. I am a big fan of EL double wear however I am reserving that for special occasion. This is a great alternative to double wear. I wish that buff would have been more yellower but as an nc20 gal it blends well with my skin. I love it and will keep repurchasing. Big plus is that it comes with a pump!

on 4/11/2016 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

To me, As far as d/s foundations go, Revlon is definitely the best. I love the colorstay whipped foundation in the jar but they did not have the shade i was looking for at walmart so i tried the revlon colorstay makeup combination/oily skin that has a pump. it does its job really well as far as coverage. i like squirting some of the makeup onto a kabuki brush and applying then squirting some on a makeup sponge and using that to concentrate the foundation on under eye circles, acne, and scarring. i then apply a clinique powder to set this with. i love this foundation, i have used half the bottle already and will definitely be repurchasing. i got it in the nude color. would definitely recommend.