Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.7

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since they have reformulated this it is total garbage. I remember using this in high school (I am now 29) in the "soft flex" version and absolutely loving it to cover acne marks and uneven skin tone. It also held up very well in hear and humidity and never looked cakey. Now, it's like blending cement on your face and also begins to cake after a couple of hours. Not only was the finish horrible, it also gave me horrible breakouts. What a shame, if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

on 4/9/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh has to be one of the worst foundations I've tried. I hadn't used this for years but did remember really liking it when I was in my late teens/early twenties. It's one of the most recommended drugstore foundations for oily skin and had some glowing reviews so thought I'd try it again. NOPE!!!!! No matter how I try to apply it, fingers, dry and damp RT sponge it just looks like shit. Transfers like crazy, has NO staying power, sinks into my pores and worst of all looks SUPER patchy once any bit of my face oil starts to come through. I have very oily skin and once this starts breaking down (within an hour or so of applying) it makes me look like I have dry patches on my face. Which I don't! A thin layer doesn't provide much coverage but trying to build up the coverage makes my skin look even worse, it gets cakey easily and then makes the patchiness mentioned above look even more horrendous. After multiple tries with different skin prep techniques I am tossing it which makes me sad because to me this almost $15 foundation isn't so cheap. Back to CG oily skin BB cream which I like SO much better. While I do experience a little bit of transfer with CG and while of course it doesn't keep the oil at bay all day it does NOT get patchy nor does it make my skin look like it has dry patches. It doesn't sink into my pores and the coverage is easy to build to whatever I need. Plus my greasy skin just starts to look more or less dewy when the oil breaks through. I see others have mentioned that this Revlon foundation has been reformulated since I had last tried it which makes sense to me because one of the main reasons I stopped using it years ago was the paint like smell which it no longer has.

on 6/22/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let's start with the colour selection: everything is too pink!!
I don't know how and WHY would a brand like revlon make foundation to people with pink undertone. like hello??? middle eaterns??? latinas??? east asians??? we exist!
I tried a few in the store and the lighting was so confusing but I had to go to a birthday party so I was a little pressured to buy this, I could find anyhting better because they were closing.. I was like fine I'll get. I ended up mixing it with: yellow concealer, primer, my mom's foundation (which is darker). It turned out okay but I didn't like the fact I had to do all of that just for a good shade. The consistency was okay but I did set it with my Alima Pure loose powder for the perfect colour and a good set- that's why I can't tell how much this handles oil, but I don't think it's that good.
It also highlights pores and not good for taking pictures! I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone!

on 5/1/2018 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is the best part about this.

I had a bottle of their old formula with the horribly designed bottle but it dried quick and kept the oilies at bay. I'd put it on my worst zits and it'd actually seem to dry them out a little.

I have the new formula, which has a beautiful pump but it has spf 15 and at this level, the foundation now seems to break me out and slide off my face. I'm so upset! Not all of us want sunscreen in our foundation - if I wanted SS, I'd buy it separately.

So that's a warning to those of you who just can't win. This used to be my HG. I'm going to be beside myself if the regular formula is discontinued.

If SS doesn't break you out, you're in luck - if it doesn't...hope you can find the old stuff on the internet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read that Revlon colorstay is supposed to be a dupe for Estee Lauder double wear. I love EL DW and this is my HG foundation, so I had to try this foundation. The price of Revlon over EL is amazing. The local grocery store had a coupon, so I got this foundation for $7.50. EL DW is $42! I was able to get a comparable color to EL.

I love the bottle and pump, which made application easy. It blended out nice with my ecotools sponge. It is light to medium where EL is medium to full coverage. I applied second layer and it was tacky, so I used too faced peach setting powder. This looks so cakey on the skin.

The color oxidized and made my skin look muddy. I really had high hopes, but this is not a dupe for EL DW.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this after many years, I used to use the old formula and that was great this new one tho is not cutting it. It refuses to blend properly! It catches onto dry patches and I get super shiny really fast. It does not provide enough coverage and a second layer is impossible because it wont blend. I love the pump tho. I will stick with my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear. I probably will have to give this one away.

I used to use this foundation (before pump bottle) and I absolutely loved it!

I like to try new foundations however and I really have been enjoying the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte.

I decided on a whim to pick this up again and what a HUGE disappointment. The coverage is not even half as good as it used to be, this takes a long time to set and transfers! Im beyond disappointed that they reformulated this. Looks like im sticking with Loreal Pro Matte.

EDIT: I tried using this by mixing this with my Pro Matte just to see what would happen, it looked great upon first application but throughout the day it broke up and started looking cakey and just overall not good. I'm so bummed.

I also want to add that if you contact Revlon directly and are unhappy with this foundation, they will reimburse you without you having to go to the store.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used this for years and loved it until they reformulated it. I've tried everything to make the new version work but it's not happening. I don't know if it's the sunscreen or the added silicones but this gets patchy, slides off, transfers and breaks down in about 8 hours, the previous formula I could wear for 12+ hours and still look great. It applies better with a sponge, streaky with a brush.
I suspect this gave me dermatitis about 6 months ago. My skin started peeling and burned, it was horrible. I stopped using this and after battling the dermatitis for months, it went away.
I loved this foundation so much but it's time to move on, whatever they did to re formulate it ruined it.

I used this foundation for years because the shade 110 Ivory was the only foundation light enough, and pink enough, for my skin tone. It was perfect for me, it wore all day and never oxidized or faded
Now it looks like I have to find a new foundation because the bottle I bought yesterday was completely different than what I've been used to. The color was darker, yellow, and oxidized to the point where my face looked orange. Color aside, the new formula faded and transferred like crazy.

I've been using colorstay for a couple years now. I just purchased the new one with a pump and I am SO disappointed. The formula has to be different. The foundation just sits on my skin and does not blend easily.