Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.7

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 2/6/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As a first step of an upcoming review, I write the ingredients list here. Except for the added sunscreen active ingredients, I don’t see any change in the formula compared to the non-pump bottle.

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3% • Zinc Oxide 2.1%)
Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben +/- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Also here are some pics :
- one of my bottles of Buff, oily skin and dry skin formulas, side by side,
- one of some swatches to compare the new US pump bottle formulas with the Australian pump bottle formulas I’ve been using since 2013.

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, the formula has changed. It is more liquidy than before. It is slightly disappointing, but still does the job.

Coverage is great, but not as full as the old formula. I noticed that it transfers a lot. The old formula would stay put for hours and blotting would never be necessary. With the new formula, I would need to use more powder for touch-ups to keep myself matte throughout the day.

The pump is great, because now I can control the amount I use on a daily basis. You can pump lightly to dispense a small amount or use full pressure to get the maximum amount.

Very comparable to the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, but I would say that Estee is better because it lasts longer and doesn't make me as oily. However, this is cheaper and still makes my skin look flawless.

To date this is the BEST foundation I have ever tried and that includes High End and Drugstore Foundations.

In a foundation I look for the following: Full Coverage, lasts all day, natural looking but flawless, keeps my skin from looking greasy (there is nothing I hate more than greasy foundation!) and this foudation does all of that!!! I have tried SO many from the drugstore and SO many high end foundations and this by far blows all of them out of the water. People all the time compliment my makeup and tell me how flawless my skin looks- this is defintiely thanks to Revlon Colorstay. Also- I have tried both the Combination/Oliy Formula and the Normal/Dry formula and for me personally I like the normal/dry but both work great. That just comes down to a personal preference.

I will say I havent tried the new pump bottle - I dont know if that formula is different- Im hoping not! I also will say that the formula over the last couple of years has changed a bit and I do notice a difference in the way it seperates around my forehead a little bit but I still love this foundation regardless.

If you are looking for a flawless looking foundation that is going to stay on all day, you must give this a try. Side note, I was in a wedding a few years ago and did the makeup for the wedding day for the Bride, Mother of the bride and a few bridesmaids using this foundation and everyone loved it and looked fantastic. So flawless and beautiful. I am doing another brides makeup this coming winter and am using this on her as well. This foundation is a MUST TRY!!!!

I am sooo disappointed in this foundation. I used it many moons ago, and while it wasn't perfect, it was ok, I just preferred ELDW over it so I stopped using it.
In time, Smashbox 15 Hr foundation and MAC SFF have become my HGs, but since I ran out of both, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper again, so I figured I'd revisit Colorstay - especially since it now has a pump.

Well, I am wearing it today for the first time, and nope...ain't going to work. I am combo/oily so I got the Combination/Oily version, and 6 hours into wearing it, this is what's going on:

- it feels heavy, I feel like I have a layer of paint on my face
- when I applied it this morning with my usual brush, it felt oily going on, and it looked streaky! This never happens to me with my other foundations. I had to go over it with my Beauty Blender, to make it look acceptable
- I have a bit of texture on one side of my nostril, and the foundation caked in it from the get-go, and I couldn't fix it
- it has a persistent scent. I can still smell it, hours later. The old version wasn't this perfumey
- I don't look matte. Actually, when I touch my face it feels a bit sticky, like the foundation hasn't dried. I also look quite glowy, and my blotting sheet was covered in oil
- it looks separated on parts of my face. From afar it still looks ok, but not up close
- it's not full coverage, maybe medium? Less coverage than it used to be, that's for sure.
- it's expensive. $21.99 + 13%tax for a drugstore product is unacceptable.

Pros:
- Ivory is a nice color match for me (NW15)
- the pump is a nice addition

Unfortunately, instead of saving money, I will end up spending more because now I have to buy one of my HG foundations too.
I just hope it won't break me out, now that would suck the big one.

I've been using colorstay for a couple years now. I just purchased the new one with a pump and I am SO disappointed. The formula has to be different. The foundation just sits on my skin and does not blend easily.

Purchased at: Target
Price: $15 plus tax

I haven't used the Revlon Colorstay in years. But, it's summer and I am struggling to find a foundation that stays put or stays matte during the summer months (and sometimes I need more than just concealer and powder although that's fine most of the time). I remembered this one working for me way back when and since they finally put a pump on their bottle, I figured I'd go for it. The first, rather obvious, pro is the pump! Second pro, for me, was the smell of the foundation. It has one, but I appreciate that it isn't the same strong almost paint-like smell that it used to have. The smell doesn't bother me, but it may bother some people who are sensitive to smells since this smell doesn't seem to go away after you've worn the foundation for a while. I like the coverage of this, but I wouldn't consider it as full coverage as the old formula had. I've applied with my fingers, a cosmetic wedge (my favorite method), real techniques sponge, flat foundation brush and a domed foundation brush and I could still see me acne scars under all applications with two pumps of foundation. It blends pretty well and doesn't set quite as fast as the old formula so you have time to work it into the skin. The finish, on me, is a semi-matte rather than a true matte (I have really oily skin). The texture looks like skin as long as you don't cake on too much. But....this does not stay matte very long on me at all. I get three hours out of it, tops. Then I'm shiny and have to blot (or powder). If you aren't super oily, I could see this staying matte longer and being really nice for that. But I'm giving this a 3 overall because the price (might as well go to Sephora; all the drugstore foundations here average $14 before tax) and the fact that it doesn't stay matte on me very long. If you can find this on sale, or for a better price than I can find it where you live, it wouldn't hurt to test out the new formulation. But I personally wont be purchasing this again.

on 4/7/2016 9:40:00 PM

Revlon Colorstay is what I use everyday. I have tried some high end foundations and Revlon Colorstay is better then the ones I've tried.
I have also tried a lot of the drug store foundations and so far this is the best one.
I have very oily skin so I need a foundation that has staying power and doesn't melt off when I get oily and this is pretty good.
However I liked the old Revlon Colorstay better before they changed it, it use to be thicker and more fuller coverage and stayed on no matter what I did.
Since the pump I have noticed it got more watery and doesn't stay on as well.
That being said it's still better then the other foundations I have tried.
I use the combination oily skin one in the color Buff and it is a perfect match for my fair skin with slight yellow undertones.
I would say it's a medium coverage foundation, it goes on nicely but takes forever to dry... Then I set it with Cover Girls loose powder in light.
It's not a 24 hour foundation but gets me through a long day!
It's a really good foundation, haven't found better yet!

This is HG for me. I try other things from time to time, because makeup, but I come back to this. I am in the shade 150 in the winter and 180 in the summer.

I apply with either fingers, a Real Techniques sponge or an Artis-like brush (the ones that look like fluffy toothbrushes). I like this any way I apply it, though overall prefer application with the brush (mine is from Crown Brush, I got it in my Boxycharm for May 2017).

This stuff wears like iron on my combo skin and has great coverage. I feel like it has a good shade range, and has a neutral enough option for my skin tone.

This also has a pump, which is great- until you get to the end of the bottle- then I lay the bottle on its side and use the straw thingy inside to scoop the foundation out, lol. Either way, I can sure get pretty much all the product out!

It's a smidge pricey- but Ulta frequently has Revlon buy 1 get one 50% off, so I usually stock up on a couple bottles then. It's not as cheap as like Wet and Wild, but comparable to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

I really like this foundation, wear time is great and color match is excellent for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used this for years and loved it until they reformulated it. I've tried everything to make the new version work but it's not happening. I don't know if it's the sunscreen or the added silicones but this gets patchy, slides off, transfers and breaks down in about 8 hours, the previous formula I could wear for 12+ hours and still look great. It applies better with a sponge, streaky with a brush.
I suspect this gave me dermatitis about 6 months ago. My skin started peeling and burned, it was horrible. I stopped using this and after battling the dermatitis for months, it went away.
I loved this foundation so much but it's time to move on, whatever they did to re formulate it ruined it.

This foundation is great! I like the pump packaging and use less than half a pump for my full face. This is probably a rather sheer application for this foundation and you can definitely use more for full coverage. I don't set it with powder as I like the satin finish and it still lasts the whole day.

There is no discernible scent (I used the old version more than 10 years ago and it used to smell strongly of paint - yucks). I'm in between NC15-20 and use the shade Buff.