REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin

REVLON Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin

3.8

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is usually my go-to foundation. I love that it has a pump and a nice glass bottle.
I do not find the foundation to be it heavy at all the skin. I use one to 1 1/2 pumps to the back of my hand depending on the coverage I need and a small blending brush.
I stipple in the areas that I need the most coverage first then keep dapping it in, to keep the color concentrated where I need it, and finish by lightly swirling to blend into the rest of my skin.
I rarely need to touch up or blot and it does not cause my skin to breakout.
A bottle typically lasts me about a month in a half to two months depending on what type of coverage I am going for.
I use Natural tan which is a tad too dark and has a cool pink tone to it but so far it is the closest match I can find out of all the shades I have tried so far.
This is one of the only negatives I have to say about this foundation or Revlon in general and that is that there is no reference to which shades are light, medium, dark, or cool, neutral, and warm. Which would be extremely helpful.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I rarely need to touch up or blot and it does not cause my skin to breakout.

on 12/7/2018 8:44:00 AM

I rated this product pretty highly BUT I have no plans to repurchase due to the terrible shade selection. I was recommended 180 Sand Beige by using Findation and while it looked decent in the bottle, it had a pink cast to it when I put it on. I wish there was a way to get samples of drugstore foundations, and I don't want to keep trying a bottle and then returning it. I like the wear of this, it feels like a true medium coverage foundation. I'm not a fan of "buildable foundations," I don't want to put more of the product on for it to be medium coverage. This is a great budget foundation, and I've found it is definitely long wearing - but some minor touchups will needed for a long day out. I love the pump style and packaging. I'd consider repurchasing in the future but there's so many other foundations out there I'm excited to try, so it won't be anytime soon.

on 12/5/2018 7:27:00 PM

Heavy duty full coverage that can look cakey if applied in layers. Has a bad strong paint smell and difficult to use from bottle that has no pump. Will last a very long time.

This is the best affordable foundation I've used.

on 9/12/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3.5/5

This is my second liquid foundation ever and I bought it right after using up my Lancome Teint Idole Liquid Foundation and...honestly the difference between them was minimal. I think Lancome applied a bit smoother, but the overall results were similar, so I guess this is pretty impressive for a drug-store product (or maybe Lancome just sucks lmao).

Just like what I experienced with Lancome, I wouldn't recommend using this foundation without a setting powder. I have oily skin and although this is the combination/oily formula, when it's been first applied my face still looks very shiny, but perhaps the formula did help with a longer, more matte wear (depends on the day, but 12-hour at best, DEFINITELY not 24-hour).

The coverage is medium to high, will be great for people without pimples, but I have acne and scars so this isn't sufficient without a concealer.

Product could also look cakey sometimes but I think that depends more on my skin condition that day, if I had just exfoliated that it would be quite smooth.

I also don't care for the SPF, I always apply a sunscreen separately, so can't really comment on that.

And package-wise, I do like the glass bottle but the plastic pump looks rather cheap (well it's not expensive I'll admit that).

On a side note, I made the mistake of choosing the wrong shade (200 Nude), way too pink-toned and light-colored for me...but of course this is my mistake, if I had chosen the right shade I'm sure it will look better.

Overall, if I were to go back to liquid foundation, I will buy this again, but for now I think powder just suits my skin type better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Guyyyyssss. Are my searches over for a yellow undertone fair liquid foundation for combination skin that doesn't look dry, has sunscreen, doesn't slide around on my face, doesn't oxidize, and is affordable?

That doesn't break out my sensitive af skin?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe, yes...

And we soon shall see.

This applies beautifully and has a balanced, natural, softly glowy finish that does not look or feel the least bit dry OR slimy.

So far I am really happy. I will update after a week to see if my sentitive skin likes this formula, but it looks and feels beautiful.

on 8/15/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The store I was at did not have Color Stay for dry skin so I crossed my fingers and bought this one. Please put on primer before this foundation. It will really show pores and cling to any dry patches. However, I think this is a safe foundation if you have oily skin. There are no major negative or positives about it. The pump and glass bottle features are good (but let's be honest, we kind of expect that from most foundation packagings). I tried applying UD's All Nighter setting spray after application and GOD. NO. It separates immediately and the foundation gradually disappears in patches (I don't know what's the science behind is but ew gross). I would not purchase it again because I still have dry skin and I don't feel like going out looking like my skin needs a glass of water.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I always forget how amazing this foundation is! I just repurchased again after trying every drugstore foundation known to man and this is by far the best for my oily, breakout prone skin. There are many neutral shades available and I can get a perfect match for my yellow undertoned pale skin, and I love that it doesn’t oxidize on your skin at all so there is no worry that you are slowly transforming into an oompa loompa!

The full coverage is amazing and a little goes a long way. This also lasts ALL day on me and I only need to touch up with powder midway through the day which never happens with other foundations. It doesn’t break my skin out at all either with is another huge bonus! The only con I can think of is that it does need some good cleansing to remove, but that is due to the great lasting coverage, so that is not a big deal at all. Overall, this is a fabulous full coverage foundation at a great price that works really well for us oily skinned ladies! Highly recommend!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I first used this foundation maybe 10 years ago? Back then it had no pump, was super thick and did not help at all with my crazy oily skin. The only thing that worked was Estee Lauder Double Wear and it's been one of my favourites ever since. My skin has become a lot more normal since then and my nose is the only part that really gets shiny, but foundation still will fade away easily so I still need long wearing formulas.

I only recently found out about the repackaging and reformulation so I gave it another try and I'm really happy I did! I have a neutral undertone and I was able to find a perfect shade match that didn't oxidize (150 Buff), the coverage is medium and natural looking, it doesn't break me out, and of course a pump is always an improvement. Without powdering I can go about 6-8 hours without having a shiny nose, and about 10-12 if I set. I'd say it only lasts an hour or two less than ELDW and its less than half the price so if you're looking for a cheaper alternative with a less heavy finish you should give this a try.