Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

3.7

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 2/24/2018 1:24:00 AM

Ran out of my estee double wear so i picked this up as a cheaper alternative. I was shocked how amazing my skin looked throughout the day. My skin looked fresh, smooth and poreless. I have really bad problems with foundations looking crusty or dry and this does not. I make sure to apply good moisturizer and urban decay optical illusion primer underneath then i apply the foundation with beauty blender. Setting with laura mercier makes it last all day! Flawless!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really, really wanted to love this foundation. It's the only one in Romanian drugstores that *perfectly* matches my very fair, neutral skin tone (I use 150 Buff), and it provides very decent coverage. However, no matter how I applied it (brush/ beauty blender), and even set it with powder, it doesn't want to look good on my face for more than five hours. I have combination (not very oily), sensitive, acne-prone skin. It stays matte, however it sort of breaks down and rubs off at the same time, and somehow ends up looking cakey, flaky, and chalky within a few hours. All of this while patches of redness and blemishes start showing through. I was very disappointed that this didn't get along with my skin. I now use it to lighten other drugstore foundations (most of the time the lightest shades available here are a tad too dark for me).

on 1/18/2018 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Been using for about 4 years now consistently. Love this product!!

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this after many years, I used to use the old formula and that was great this new one tho is not cutting it. It refuses to blend properly! It catches onto dry patches and I get super shiny really fast. It does not provide enough coverage and a second layer is impossible because it wont blend. I love the pump tho. I will stick with my HG Estee Lauder Double Wear. I probably will have to give this one away.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I purchased this in Ivory. Historically, I've had an impossible time finding drugstore foundations and concealers that aren't way too dark/orange for me. I used to wear Lancome 100 Ivoire N, and that's while I was deliberately sunning every day. Revlon's Ivory really is almost a perfect match for my skin. It's cooler toned than I am, but, since I'm prone to redness, it literally evens out.

As to the coverage, I'm of two minds. On one hand, it looks remarkably "matte but not flat," as another reviewer said below; I don't get shiny while wearing this foundation, but it avoids that obvious, slightly clumpy look that I tend to associate with foundation. On the other hand, I do wish it were more opaque; close up, some of my skin flaws (large pores, uneven coloring) are still somewhat noticeable. Perhaps I need a better primer or a different application method. I'll keep experimenting, but really, I'm happy with ColorStay Combination/Oily for what it is - a drugstore foundation that is relatively inexpensive, looks good on me, and comes with a pump.

I rarely have my makeup on for more than three hours, so I can't speak to the wear time. I'm oily/sensitive; I remove everything with a micellar water intended for waterproof product, then tone, and I haven't had any issues with breakouts or clogged pores. Good stuff!

on 12/3/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Packaging doesn’t get any better than a glass bottle with a hygienic pump dispenser. Color starts off slightly ghostly, but oxidizes quickly to match my light-medium NC20-NC25 skin with yellow undertones. Coverage is medium and covers the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation left by my acne, but it’s not so opaque as to make me look dead. Consistency is “matte but not flat”; after a few hours on my very oily skin, it makes me look a pretty “dewy and glowy.” It does dissolve by the end of day and obviously puddles up where my glasses sit on the bridge of nose; on the remainder of my face, it does look kind of patchy up close, but is okay if viewed from at least arms’ length. It doesn’t break me out, but like any other foundation I’ve tried so far, does seem to leave my sebaceous filaments slightly more pronounced even after double-cleansing with oil cleanser and Cetaphil.

I don’t think Revlon ColorStay is holy grail status for my very oily skin, but it’s the best I’ve tried so far, and it’s what I’ll continue to use while I keep searching for my HG foundation.

on 10/24/2017 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: 10/2017 - tried this again - (combo/oily version) and here I am, not even 3 hours of wear - and I had to blot with 3 (!!!!!) blotting sheets to take away my shine already. I even used a primer AND setting powder and applied this with a brush. For oil control, this isn't working for me. I may try without a primer tomorrow - but this prevents shine as long as any other foundation I've tried (Rimmel, NYX, CG, WnW). If NOT using a primer doesn't help (maybe my primer is making me oily?) I debate about repurchase, just because this does seem to handle my pores a bit better than other foundations. Not shine control, but pore-filling for oily, large pores, yes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Since they have reformulated this it is total garbage. I remember using this in high school (I am now 29) in the "soft flex" version and absolutely loving it to cover acne marks and uneven skin tone. It also held up very well in hear and humidity and never looked cakey. Now, it's like blending cement on your face and also begins to cake after a couple of hours. Not only was the finish horrible, it also gave me horrible breakouts. What a shame, if it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I strongly l reccomend buying the bottle with the pump opposed to the bottle without one, as not all come with a pump for some weird reason. As for the formula, it was my first regular foundation I used when I first started getting into makeup, and I liked it quite a bit, it was the only one I used. Although I have moved on to more higher end foundations, I would absolutely reccomend this to somebody getting into makeup or even just in general as an affordable decent foundation. Its excellent that they offer formulas to different skin types, as someone with very oily/combination skin I value that a lot. Also a pretty respectable colour range. Try and buy when it's on sale because they have increased the price in recent years and im just not sure its worth the high price some places are asking for, but if you can get it when it's going cheap, then awesome!