Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

Filtered by age: 44-55
Revlon Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)
Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)Colorstay 24hrs Makeup SPF 15 Combination/Oily Skin (US pump bottle)

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3 • Zinc Oxide 2.1)Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben /- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I know this product has been reviewed a ga-zillion times, but I would still like to make a few comments about it. I basically like it for the following reasons:
1) I found a true match: 330 (natural tan)
2) It "locks" into place once I blend it out, and, I feel, it gives me enough time to do this.
3) It looks like my skin when I apply it with my foundation brush (as opposed to fingers only).
4) I have large pores, but I don't need a primer when I use this foundation -- I like that!
5) It gives me slightly more than a sheer cover (which I want), and it seems to be buildable. However, I do not build since I'm an older woman who believes that less is more when applying foundation. I mostly use it on my lower jaw and one or two dots on my T-zone and from there, blend it out.

However, here's a couple of caveats I've discovered when using this product. I REALLY have to moisturize before putting this foundation on. I mean I need to use an eye cream, a serum, and then my day cream. My eye cream is "heavy duty" (Kiehl's), and my day serum is Chanel's Hydra Beauty Micro Serum or Caudalie's. My day cream is a Scottish brand called Organic Surge Daily Care, Super Intensive Moisturiser for mature skin. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff, but I digress.

The point is to seriously moisturize your skin whether you have oily/combination skin or not.

My second caveat is you REALLY must thoroughly wash your face in order to remove this foundation completely. Micellar water and makeup removing wipes just won't cut it! I use Cetaphil Cleansing Bar, twice! Then I use a micellar water for pH-balancing effects and softening and to remove any remaining makeup. After this, I can go ahead and put on whatever creams/lotions I wish (depending on the time of day).

PACKAGING: I like the pump! However, the overcap is FAR TOO LOOSE! Don't try to travel with this foundation bottle, or you might just find it leaking at the bottom of your bag! No, this hasn't happened to me. When I bought the bottle, I had the sales rep scotch tape the over cap in place so that it would stay on securely until I got home.

COST: I paid $20 CAD + tax at London Drugs in Vancouver. However, if the product goes on sale, I can take my receipt back to the store and get the difference. I have 30 days in which to do this, so that's not a bad thing! Otherwise, I think this is a tad expensive at a regular price point. By the way, I also saw it retailing at $22.99 CAD + tax, and THAT is ridiculous!

This is HG for me. I try other things from time to time, because makeup, but I come back to this. I am in the shade 150 in the winter and 180 in the summer.

I apply with either fingers, a Real Techniques sponge or an Artis-like brush (the ones that look like fluffy toothbrushes). I like this any way I apply it, though overall prefer application with the brush (mine is from Crown Brush, I got it in my Boxycharm for May 2017).

This stuff wears like iron on my combo skin and has great coverage. I feel like it has a good shade range, and has a neutral enough option for my skin tone.

This also has a pump, which is great- until you get to the end of the bottle- then I lay the bottle on its side and use the straw thingy inside to scoop the foundation out, lol. Either way, I can sure get pretty much all the product out!

It's a smidge pricey- but Ulta frequently has Revlon buy 1 get one 50% off, so I usually stock up on a couple bottles then. It's not as cheap as like Wet and Wild, but comparable to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

I really like this foundation, wear time is great and color match is excellent for me.

I am sooo disappointed in this foundation. I used it many moons ago, and while it wasn't perfect, it was ok, I just preferred ELDW over it so I stopped using it.
In time, Smashbox 15 Hr foundation and MAC SFF have become my HGs, but since I ran out of both, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper again, so I figured I'd revisit Colorstay - especially since it now has a pump.

Well, I am wearing it today for the first time, and nope...ain't going to work. I am combo/oily so I got the Combination/Oily version, and 6 hours into wearing it, this is what's going on:

- it feels heavy, I feel like I have a layer of paint on my face
- when I applied it this morning with my usual brush, it felt oily going on, and it looked streaky! This never happens to me with my other foundations. I had to go over it with my Beauty Blender, to make it look acceptable
- I have a bit of texture on one side of my nostril, and the foundation caked in it from the get-go, and I couldn't fix it
- it has a persistent scent. I can still smell it, hours later. The old version wasn't this perfumey
- I don't look matte. Actually, when I touch my face it feels a bit sticky, like the foundation hasn't dried. I also look quite glowy, and my blotting sheet was covered in oil
- it looks separated on parts of my face. From afar it still looks ok, but not up close
- it's not full coverage, maybe medium? Less coverage than it used to be, that's for sure.
- it's expensive. $21.99 + 13%tax for a drugstore product is unacceptable.

Pros:
- Ivory is a nice color match for me (NW15)
- the pump is a nice addition

Unfortunately, instead of saving money, I will end up spending more because now I have to buy one of my HG foundations too.
I just hope it won't break me out, now that would suck the big one.

on 3/8/2016 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love and hate relationship with this foundation. I have reviewed this foundation in other categories but found this title with one review so I had to give my two cents Of course, the pump was a great idea as we all pleaded for it. The shades are bit challenging as I am NC30 and theoretically I should settle for 310 which is Warm something or another. However, this shade is very peachy which I dislike so I usually go for Natural Tan or 330 which is a complimentary shade of tan on me. This is one of the few foundations in the market that lasts on my skin like a glue. So as an oily gal, this works well for me but depending on my hormones and how hot it is, the jury may be out.

on 2/6/2016 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As a first step of an upcoming review, I write the ingredients list here. Except for the added sunscreen active ingredients, I don’t see any change in the formula compared to the non-pump bottle.

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3% • Zinc Oxide 2.1%)
Cyclopentasiloxane • Water • Dimethicone • Trimethylsiloxysilicate • PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone • Butylene Glycol • Tribehenin • Phenyl Trimethicone • Nylon-12 • Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract • Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract • Lilium Candidum (White Lily) Bulb Extract • Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract • Sodium Hyaluronate • Tocopheryl Acetate • Bisabolol • Ethylhexyl Palmitate • Tocopherol • Alcohol Denat • Alumina • Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer • Methicone • Laureth-7 • Magnesium Sulfate • Silica • Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate • Ethylene Brassylate • Triethoxycaprylylsilane • Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer • PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate • Salicylic Acid • Silk Powder • Sodium Citrate • Dipropylene Glycol • Silica Dimethyl Silylate • Serica (Silk) • Tetrasodium EDTA • Hexylene Glycol • Caprylyl Glycol • Phenoxyethanol • Ethylparaben • Methylparaben +/- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

Also here are some pics :
- one of my bottles of Buff, oily skin and dry skin formulas, side by side,
- one of some swatches to compare the new US pump bottle formulas with the Australian pump bottle formulas I’ve been using since 2013.

Full Size Image