MAC In Control

MAC In Control

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Beautiful. I purchased it last week and once it arrived I immediately purchased a back up since mac loves to discontinue all my beloved lip liner shades i.e. Quartz. On my lips it's a mid toned natural berry shade that really evens out my mauvey, wine color lips. I also have soar and I'm going to be honest with you and say this shade is nothing like soar. When you place these liners on your hand they differ in color than when placed on your lips. Soar is a much paler shade. It - soar looks like Nars Anna- a beige pink shade. In control is a berry shade- light to medium. Get it, you will not regret it.

on 12/25/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So I went to Mac to try on/buy Soar. I'd been waiting to buy this lipliner for pretty much months. The MUA told me that they recently came out with a shade in their "Pro Longwear Lip Pencil" that was identical to Soar - In Control. I compared them to be sure, but she was correct. I don't own a lipliner from the longwear line, but apparently it's a longer lasting, creamier version. In control was certainly was creamier & easier to apply, and while I cannot speak for how long Soar lasts since I never owned it - this stuff lasts ALL DAY. The MUA/website says 8 hours but I would say this lasts even beyond that. I think it's $20 though, so a couple more bucks than the original lipliners.

I don't think I need to comment on the actual color because of how wildly popular Soar is. I was skeptical about it at first since I'm NW35/brown girl but it's very pigmented and one of the most beautiful colors I have. It's definitely seems to be one of those universally flattering colors. It looks beautiful with so many different shades of lipstick. I know since I've been wearing this every day (lol). Love pairing this with Touch of Spice (the maybelline dupe of Lolita but IMO prettier), captive, cream in your coffee etc. to achieve different looks. It's also pretty much perfect worn by itself!

My only gripe is the fact that I have to sharpen this myself! The wood bothers me, but oh well.