Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation

Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation
Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating FoundationDream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating FoundationDream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation

2.8

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/27/2017 3:36:00 PM

Nice and easy to apply but that's about it. Seeps into pores, even with a primer. Looks textured. Oxidizes. Won't buy again.

on 8/10/2017 4:57:00 AM

I was actually shocked to see that this foundation received such bad reviews because it works like a dream for me. I like the texture and it gives me fairly good coverage without looking cakey. It also feels really lightweight. The only thing is that the foundation transfers pretty easily but nothing a little setting spray can't fix!

on 8/1/2017 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My 12 year old selected this for about $7 at a local CVS - and I hope it does not break her out. The shade (#60) seemed to be blendable and match her MMM skin tone well.

Cheap and seems acceptable for a kid to use.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I completely misjudged this foundation at first. I avoided it because of how badly it oxidized, but now that I'm a little more tan this summer I decided to give it a try. This foundation makes my combination skin look fabulous. It has a mostly matte finish but didn't hold up against my oily t-zone, no surprise to me, but there are no obvious signs of breakdown. I typically apply foundation with a beauty blender but this one was easily spread with my fingers. I am so pleased with the texture and the finish, it really feels like I am not wearing foundation at all. I would go a shade or two lighter if you grab it. I love the squeeze tube and I found that I didn't need a lot to do my entire face. I can't believe I have had this foundation sitting in my vanity for the last year and only fell in love with it now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation was a total no for me. I bought it about 5 months ago and I always spot it and think I'll give it another try and every single time I remember why I never use it! The foundation is very strange in texture as it's thick and mousse-y, which I find 9 times out of 10 makes your foundation look incredibly cakey when on the skin and yep, one layer and you look ridiculously cakey. With or without primer, with or without concealer, with or without powder... this is cakey foundation central. The worst thing with this is that the foundation moves about and separates on my face in the course of probably 2 hours (if I haven't washed it off due to the oxidisation by that point). My skin is normal/slightly oily but with relatively few blemishes/things to cover except for slight redness and pores. This exaggerates pores, separates all over my nose almost instantly and is one of those foundations where if you try to blend it more, it dissipates. Don't bother trying to layer it unless you want to look a further cakey mess. The thing that frustrates me most is that nowadays, it's not that hard to sell a decent priced good drugstore foundation that's matte and medium coverage and doesn't go orange! I thought we were past that?! This foundation fails at that and almost feels lazy... people deserve and expect better! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone - dry skin, any dry patches will show, oily skin, this will move and disappear insanely quickly and normal skin may have a shot with it, if you can put up with cakey-ness and looking orange. Far better foundations out there which are cheaper, as for some reason, this foundation was relatively price-y for the drugstore. Wouldn't recommend to anyone, if it works for you I'm glad but it's a no from me

on 6/14/2017 3:01:00 PM

This product is really dry, and it emphasizes your pores. I bought it and when I tried it on, I could see my pores big and clear.

What in the heck?! This product makes me look BAD and sort of sick. I also started getting little bumps from clogged pores after using this. It wipes off easily so if you touch your face or kiss someone, it is going to be all over their nose. Also doesn't contain any SPF. This just isn't going to work for me.

on 6/10/2017 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this foundation for a few months now, and I really like it so far.

PROS:
- Looks very natural once you don't pack it on too much. Once blended properly, it looks pretty much like real, radiant, healthy skin that has a nice glow.
- Good coverage. I would say medium to full.
- Shade matches me very well. I have shade 75 Natural Beige, and it fits me almost perfectly. I always love when I find a shade that matches me so accurately.
- Doesn't feel heavy. When I first saw the consistency (it's like a thick mousse), I thought it was going to feel really heavy and cakey on my skin, but it didn't. I don't use much of the product, and I blend it out a lot, and in the end it feels pretty light.
- Comes in a tube. I like this because you can just squeeze the product out and you have more control over how much comes out, as opposed to a bottle with no pump.
- Lasts long. Although you do have to blot away some of the shine (see below) throughout the day, the foundation wears pretty well, for me anyway. I tend to wear makeup only when I'm out, so typically I have it for a maximum of 6-7 hours (if so much), and this foundation stays on well.

CONS:
- Is not completely matte. It does get a little shiny after a while, so what I tend to do is set it with the Maybelline Fit Me powder, and then just blot every so often during the day. So it's not matte, but it's not dewy either. I can sum it up just like how I said above: it just has a healthy, natural finish to it. Those of you who want a really matte finish may not like this so much.
- Breaks up around the nose a little. I don't really make a big deal out of this, because most foundations do that. But for those of you who have a pet peeve about foundation breaking up around your nose, you may not like it that much.

Overall I give this foundation a thumbs up, and I could definitely see myself repurchasing when my current tube finishes.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel like I'm going to be one of the odd ones out here because my opinion on this product is mostly positive - but then again, everyone's skin is different, so some products that work on me may not work for other people. This is apparently one of those products.

I have extremely dry skin. Like, drier-than-the-Sahara levels of dryness, with cracking and peeling and a regular need to exfoliate because it's literally that dry. So I bought this because it says it's a hydrating foundation on the packaging. I mostly buy higher-end cosmetics these days, but I wanted an affordable drugstore alternative to use for "lazy" outings, e.g. if I'm just going shopping with family or running casual errands, etc. And so far I've found the quality to be pretty decent for that.

I wouldn't really say that this product does a significant amount of hydration, but it certainly doesn't dry you out, which I can appreciate. The coverage is light to medium, and even though it says matte on the packaging I wouldn't say it's matte - it's somewhere in between matte and dewy (which I'm fine with, the fact that it's not matte doesn't bother me). The texture sort of has a gel feeling to it; it's very smooth and blends out nicely for me, and feels quite nice applied on my dry skin. I've noticed, however, that it does start to get a bit "textured" towards the end of the day if you wear it all day long. But once again, I specifically bought this for more "casual" outings so I rarely wear this for more than 4-5 hours before I come home and take it off, and the quality of this product stays pretty intact for me within that time frame.

I think that $23 AUD is a little pricey for this product, but I did manage to snag this when it was 40% off so $13 is pretty decent for the quality that I get. Overall, I'm happy enough with it to keep using it for those "casual" outings; I use a different foundation for special events/outings, but as a drugstore foundation that's mostly affordable, I think this product performs well enough for me personally.

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 AM

I got this product in the shade Nude. I used this product during summer where the temperature goes up to 40 degrees Celsius. I like this product during summer because it sits good on top of the sunscreen and it hydrates the skin. It doesn't feel heavy on your face. This product is not really matte, its more like a bit dewy. I got compliments when I use this product but the down side of this product is that IT DOESN'T LAST LONG AS 12 HOURS and it OXIDIZES. It only last like 4-5 hrs for me with my combination skin.