Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation

Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation
Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating FoundationDream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating FoundationDream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation

2.8

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel like I'm going to be one of the odd ones out here because my opinion on this product is mostly positive - but then again, everyone's skin is different, so some products that work on me may not work for other people. This is apparently one of those products.

I have extremely dry skin. Like, drier-than-the-Sahara levels of dryness, with cracking and peeling and a regular need to exfoliate because it's literally that dry. So I bought this because it says it's a hydrating foundation on the packaging. I mostly buy higher-end cosmetics these days, but I wanted an affordable drugstore alternative to use for "lazy" outings, e.g. if I'm just going shopping with family or running casual errands, etc. And so far I've found the quality to be pretty decent for that.

I wouldn't really say that this product does a significant amount of hydration, but it certainly doesn't dry you out, which I can appreciate. The coverage is light to medium, and even though it says matte on the packaging I wouldn't say it's matte - it's somewhere in between matte and dewy (which I'm fine with, the fact that it's not matte doesn't bother me). The texture sort of has a gel feeling to it; it's very smooth and blends out nicely for me, and feels quite nice applied on my dry skin. I've noticed, however, that it does start to get a bit "textured" towards the end of the day if you wear it all day long. But once again, I specifically bought this for more "casual" outings so I rarely wear this for more than 4-5 hours before I come home and take it off, and the quality of this product stays pretty intact for me within that time frame.

I think that $23 AUD is a little pricey for this product, but I did manage to snag this when it was 40% off so $13 is pretty decent for the quality that I get. Overall, I'm happy enough with it to keep using it for those "casual" outings; I use a different foundation for special events/outings, but as a drugstore foundation that's mostly affordable, I think this product performs well enough for me personally.

What in the heck?! This product makes me look BAD and sort of sick. I also started getting little bumps from clogged pores after using this. It wipes off easily so if you touch your face or kiss someone, it is going to be all over their nose. Also doesn't contain any SPF. This just isn't going to work for me.

on 5/2/2017 5:44:00 AM

I got this product in the shade Nude. I used this product during summer where the temperature goes up to 40 degrees Celsius. I like this product during summer because it sits good on top of the sunscreen and it hydrates the skin. It doesn't feel heavy on your face. This product is not really matte, its more like a bit dewy. I got compliments when I use this product but the down side of this product is that IT DOESN'T LAST LONG AS 12 HOURS and it OXIDIZES. It only last like 4-5 hrs for me with my combination skin.

on 4/25/2017 1:02:00 PM

It oxidies after 2 or 3 hours,medium coverage and not long_lasting at all...
And unfortunately it's not matte enough on my skin.
Ultimately,I don't recommend it.

on 3/25/2017 8:37:00 AM

I initially got this in 60 Sandy Beige coz it's the one with yellow undertones, but it came out a little bit dark for me. So I am now using 40 Nude and seems to be a better match for my fair skin. This comes out semi matte for me, tho I did set it with loose powder. It really is not as matte as I expected, my skin turned out sort of oily after maybe 3-4hours of wear. But overall, I like this foundation. It feels comfortable and light on my skin. And the packaging is handy too.

on 2/28/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although I found a decent color I hated this. It went on streaky and immediately my eyes started burning and turned red. They've hurt all day and my skin felt greasy and nasty.

on 2/28/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oxidised pretty bad on me and made my skin feel crusty and clung to dry patches. I gave it away

on 2/22/2017 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It wa sf
Good but not my favorite. It's kinda like a medium coverage so great for a regular day.

on 2/1/2017 3:29:00 PM

This foundation wasn't matte enough for me. I liked to coverage but had little to no staying power, it was a constant fight to keep it in place. No amount of powder or blotting kept it on my t-zone. Even tried different primers and ways to apply it, but nothing helped. Good thing it was on sale. Very disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Foundation is *such* a personal choice to make. I am ecstatic that this foundation matches my skin tone so perfectly. Applies easily, and really smooths out my combination skin I have never had an issue with clogged pores with this foundation, but other than some shiny spots in my t-zone, I have relatively dry skin.. I keep a light powder in my purse for mid day shininess but I don't need any to set this foundation in the am. Blends fantastically with my hi-lighter(Benefit Hi-Beams on the tops of my cheeks and under my brow bone. I do very little contouring) If you fall into their palette(which is preeety limited) definitely give it a try