Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (all varieties)

1.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This review is also for the Peach and Willow Bark exfoliating facial cleansing towelettes. Saw these at Walgreens and decided to give them a try as they say they are "gentle" and dermatologist tested. I have sensitive skin with some mild acne issues along with eczema. THESE ARE NOT GENTLE. They sting, particularly around the eye area. They also leave me feeling itchy, with red bumps all over my face. At first I thought this was due to the sticky residue they leave on your face after use irritating my eczema, but this seemed to happen to other consumers as well. The only good thing about them is the cute packaging and the pleasant smell.

Considering Burt's Bees products are cruelty free and all-natural, I decided to give this product a go. This review is regarding the facial cleansing towelettes in the Peach & Willow Bark variety. I was drawn in by the attractive packaging, and the advertisement that it would GENTLY exfoliate, cleanse and tone in one easy step. I'm also a sucker for peach scented things, so I went ahead and bought the wipes. The peach scent was probably the only promising quality in these facial towelettes.

I use these wipes to remove my face makeup at the end of the day, and not my eye makeup.These wipes do a pretty good job at removing makeup, (except for waterproof mascara), but it also seriously irritates my skin. After swiping away my makeup, my skin was red and stinging. I have combination, sensitive skin, so I figured it must just be my sensitive skin, but my friend who has regular, non-sensitive skin used one of my wipes and her face was just burning.

I used nearly all the wipes in the package, since I don't want to waste the money, and also because I was hoping that I'd get use to it. Still, every time, the wipes still stung. (Albeit very slightly less than the first use, but still not worth it!) There are definitely better ways to remove your makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This review is for the Burt’s Bees Peach and Willow Bark Facial Cleansing Towelettes.
I thought these would be good, being a natural and 'cruelty-free' product.
Agree with the previous reviewer - these are horrible! I got red bumps on the face, after wiping the face with one towel. Absolutely not recommended for sensitive skin. I would expect they would at least clean out the blackheads, being so strong, but not a single blackhead was removed. They also leave an oily/soapy film on the face - I think that is due to the glycerin content.

Disgusting product. These should be renamed as 'Facial Acid-Soap Towelettes'.
Burt's Bees products have been on a steady decline, these days.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was drawn to this product because the ingredients were natural, and it claimed to not clog pores. The smell is a bit like mosquito repellent. After using two wipes, my face was makeup-free, BUT burning and red. Especially around the delicate eye area, these wipes are far too harsh. I did like the cleansing power but that simply isn't worth the irritation.