MAC Eye Brow Pencil - Brunette

No Image

3.8

on 5/18/2016 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I picked this up after trying lingering which was a bit too light for me. This is just a tiny bit darker and may still be too light. I'm going to try Stylized next to compare. I do love this formula it took me a while to fall in love with it I admit, but I really love it now. It's very soft and easy to blend. You barely need to touch your skin to deposit colour. As someone with sparse brows I love that I can add some thickness to my brows quickly and that it blends out very easily hiding any pencil lines. This is shade also doesn't have much red to it which I like. Would maybe repurchase. Not 100% about the shade, it certainly doesn't look bad (actually looks really nice in natural light) but I may need one shade darker. Downside is the price and how quickly it runs out for that price.

Edit - Okay so I tried Stylized. Brunette is a softer pencil by quite a lot, I was shocked that the formula seemed so different. Brunette although listed as an ash brown is actually more red than Stylized imo. Stylized is a much harder pencil and it VERY ashy, pretty much no red in it at all. Perfect colour match for my brows, but I do wish it was as soft as the Brunette Pencil. Both have a place imo. Would still repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 11:43:00 PM

This one is nice and pigmented and you pretty much only need this product to fill your entire brow. The pencil only twists up, so twist only as much as you need.

on 5/2/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Don't like this as it's too hard to control. It always goes on way too heavy and thick. I was looking for a replacement for the MAC twist crayon pencil as I am so tired of it breaking all the time and needing to replace it every 2 weeks.
My new fav is an Art Deco pencil which performs perfectly for me.

on 3/16/2014 4:53:00 AM

GREAT!!!
I love this brow pencil! It shapes the eyebrows perfect, easy to use, stays on the whole day. The colors is natural and doesn't look too colored and tacky. This is the best eyebrow pencil I've ever tried! ❤️❤️❤️
Pros:
long wearing
easy to use
natural colors

Cons:
I think the price is to high, because it run out quite quick, 3-5 months or something.
a bit warm colors, should be more ashy and grey-ish.

I've seen maybelline has made a brow pencil that should work just the same, it's called define a brow or anything like that. I would consider buying this if it is just as good..

on 3/5/2014 9:42:00 PM

i am looking for a brow pencil that is not hard as drugstore ones. this is very smooth and soft on the brows, gives a powdery , natural finish. The downside is the price only. I have pretty full brows and just needa a few touches at the end of my brows. long lasting and great colour payoff. wish it is cheaper... might be trying out Japanese brand brow pencil next time.

as far as brow pencils go, this goes on really smooth, and has a more natural look than others ive tried in the past. i think because the pencil is so thin and tiny you can't help but make smaller strokes, which makes it easier to apply. it's my favourite out of a bunch that i've tried, but i don't have many gaps...i just use it for a few small sparse areas after waxing.

on 3/1/2013 3:53:00 AM

This is a review for the MAC Veluxe Brow Liner in Brunette. I ordered this product and the eye brown crayon in Lingering at the same time, both sight unseen online. I have been searching for a brown pencil with no warm/red undertones which, I never realized, is difficult to find.

The MAC website describes this color as "a medium brown with a subtle gray tinge", I can't say that see any gray tinge, but it definitely does not come off warm or reddish, so that is a win. It is a lot lighter than I would have thought, definitely a light brown, not a medium brown. This pencil includes a spoolie, which is great, helps to make brows more natural looking after using the pencil, and the pencil its self seems to possibly have some waxy product which helps to keep brows in place. Overall this is a good product, if I hadn't bought the brow crayon at the same time I might think this is a superior product, however, I think the pencil is a bit too soft, even using the lightest hand you cant help but almost color in your brows, rather than define the brows, like with the crayon product. I would like to try a darker color in this product, as I do like the waxy texture to keep brows in place. This is a very long pencil and if you use a light hand like I did it will last quite a while.

on 2/27/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Overall rating of 4, product is amazing! Downside is that it is costly and will run out quick if you fill in your brows daily like I do. I paid $16 for it and it is my new HG brow product. I may have to stock up because it goes so quick. I was going to get it in Spiked but I wanted to go for a natural look so I chose this and its an ash brown.. Such a beautiful color. Hope this helps!

on 2/25/2013 11:58:00 PM

I have to say that this is an amazing product and great brown colour without the red undertone. It is quick and easy to use (especially in the morning when you are rushing to work).
But I do have one issue with this...I find that my pencil finished so quickly. I'm sure I used this roughly for about 5 weeks. Is this normal or am I just so used to using eyeshadow that I expected it to last a lot longer?

on 9/11/2012 6:12:00 PM

i normally buy maybelline define-a-brow but lately i havent been to buy cause they seem to be out of stock at ulta and online im not sure if theyre being discontined??? i had used this once before but could not justify spending the $15 on the mac one till i was in desperate need i sucked it up and went in and ended up buying two on impulse idk y im just wired diffrent but im glad i did cause its amazing its a higher priced dupe for the define-a-brow in case someone loves that and cant find it.

Popular Brows Products