Rimmel 24hr Super Curler Mascara

Rimmel 24hr Super Curler Mascara

2.4

on 10/2/2017 11:10:00 AM

I picked this up at one of those drugstore sales where the brand is 40 percent off so I got this for around $3. Was it worth it at the discount? Personally, no.

It's a decent mascara. Pros include that it lasts -- I'm not sure about the 24-hour claim -- and on me it doesn't seem to flake or smudge, unlike some other Rimmel mascaras I've tried. I notice no fragrance, just that vague mascara scent which is mild because of it not being perfumed. It sets fairly fast, and I do get a bit of curl. My lashes sometimes stick straight out, so this does give them a bit of lift. I wish it was more, but it does curl them slightly.

Volume is okay, as is the length. I tend to need a few layers for more impact, and then I still get better impact from other Rimmel mascaras, namely the Scandal Eyes Retro Glam. A better mascara means I can get more lash impact from two or three layers, whereas curling formula I tend to need a half-dozen layers and it's still not as dramatic as the Retro Glam.

One thing I'm a bit lukewarm about is that this is a bit hard to remove. It's not waterproof but it does seem to be water resistant. Most of it comes off with an oil-based cleanser, but I almost always have to do a second cleanup with micellar water or more cleanser.

One thing I don't like is the brush. It's a curved on, which is fine, but it's a large brush, which I don't like. I always end up getting a bit of mascara on my eyelids if I'm not careful, and I feel like I personally can get more precision with a smaller brush.

Overall, it's just okay. I'm not hating it, but I'm not blown away either. I'll use it and then when I'm done I'll seek something else.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

A lot of people don't like this mascara, but I actually really like it! It adds a lot of volume to my lashes, but I still have to use my eyelash curler. I love the wand as well and it applies the product in an even coat. The mascara was super black too. One of my drugstore favorites!

on 10/6/2016 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not a great mascara, doesn't give much length or volume and doesn't hold a curl at all. Did like the curved brush and the fact that it doesn't clump or smudge. There are much better mascaras out there though that do a lot more. Would not repurchase.

on 10/30/2016 1:54:00 PM

My lashes are long and black so I am looking for a mascara to make them curl.i have tried almost every drugstore mascara and some high end and most of them work well but this one was a big disappointment!it made my lashes look thinner and didn't add anything to length or curl.I only used it twice and then I bought the telescopic from L'oreal which is one of the mascaras I like the most

This is all lies!! It doesnt curl your lashes..it doesnt even HOLD a curl...just no. Why did I get suckered into buying this? Because I actually wanted to believe the advertisments...why advertise 24 hr curling hold when it doesnt even hold a curl for 2 minutes!!!

UGH!

Yes it is still mascara..it still puts black gunk on your lashes..it doesnt clump too bad.."extreme black" could be blacker but otherwise this is no better then ur cheapy NYC or wet n wild mascaras so just save a couple bucks and pick one of those instead, seriously! 1/5 for lieing, do better rimmel....

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I disliked this product right after trying it the first time. The only thing I like about it is the wand. It builds up alright, but it does not last. After a few hours it starts flaking. It may have made my eyes water, which would then easily smudge. Once this flakes and gets into your eyes it is so irritating. I wear contacts and if it gets in my eyes I have to take my contacts out. Now I'm wary of buying any rimmel mascara.

Also, trying to wash this stuff off is harder than my previous mascara. It's runs easily, but it's hard to get it off the skin with my mild cleansers. And when I'm feeling lazy I can't get it all off and end up waking up to black smudges by my eyes.

on 8/29/2016 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was hoping that this mascara was gonna be like a Japanese brand mascara (like Heroine Make) and be able to hold up straight Asian eyelashes. I was very disappointed. The only good thing about this mascara is that it only cost a few dollars.

As I put this mascara on my already curled eyelashes I felt hopeful. The formula wasn't too wet or clumpy like some mascaras that make my eyelashes droop right away. However, one minute after applying one coat I watched as they dropped right back down. If this mascara can't hold precurled Asian lashes there is no way it would possibly hold up uncurled ones.

I waited for the mascara to dry and then I recurled my lashes and so far they have held up with no smudging under the eyes but that's something I can do with basically every drug store mascara I've tried and I shouldn't have to do that if this mascara is gonna claim to be able to replace an eyelash curler. Also this mascara doesn't lengthen or volumize my lashes much either so there's almost no difference between if I just curled my lashes and didn't put any mascara on.

WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND WITH STRAIGHT LASHES.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Thank goodness I only spent $6.75 (which is pretty low for Toronto's cosmetic prices) for this on sale as it's not very good. It provides zero volume and took about 4-5 coats to even tell I've got mascara on. As for the curl, ok, it does what it says on MY specific lashes, but that's probably b/c the formula is light. I've read the reviews below and I see it does not hold curl for everyone. I gave it a 2 as it does define each lash and the formula is not either too wet nor dry. But it's under average and underwhelming...The type of mascara to wear your natural days. If you have average natural lashes like mine, you'll need either a statement liner or shadow with it. I find removal a bit of a task, but that's probably b/c I'm wearing sooo many coats... I really like Rimmel lip products, and their "Rimmel Lash Accelerator" I've been wearing off and on for yrs, but this one is just bland. Rather have bought an Essence for $3 less.

UPDATE: Only had it for one day before I gave it to a friend (don't worry, we cleansed the wand lol). She already has naturally long, thick lashes, so ANY mascara looks fab on her.

on 8/9/2016 9:51:00 AM

It was advertised that you could throw away your curler and all you needed was this mascara. It also claims you can put it on top of your own mascara and it will help curling...it doesn't...

It does nothing for your lashes they sag like you are putting weight on them and lie straight ( I never have that problem I have mid length and a little upward looking lashes )

It is very hard te remove..it's like it's waterptoof even if is doesn't claim that.
So it really bothers my lashes to get this stuff off.

Also tried it on top of other mascara really does nothing. It just drops the lashes down and forward and doesn't apply nicely.

so...no :P

Oh my god. I may have found my new HG drugstore mascara. Barely used any and it kept my naturally super long lashes curled and wispy without feeling like I was even wearing mascara! Added length and made them stand out beautifully. 10/10 love this stuff!