L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

3.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Acrylates / Stearyl Acrylate / Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lecithin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Adenosine, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Tocopherol.

on 7/9/2017 12:47:00 AM

Sheer, natural weightless foundation with a glowy and radiant finish. Not full coverage but kind of buildable to medium. It really does look like your skin but better, which is my favorite type of coverage. I love the feel and finish, but took off one lippie because the staying power is just so-so on my combo skin; 2 hours til shine and 4/5 hours before I need to touch up. I also need 2 shades to match my C4/Barcelona neutral tan Asian skin - I use N.4 + W 5.5. My favorite tool to apply is a synthetic buffing brush or beauty blender. It's not a real workhorse foundation for the office for me since it doesn't last all day but it is great weekend or even going out makeup, when I just want super fresh radiant skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this as a super easy, super quick way to even out my skintone. It's light to medium coverage and covers up most red spots that I have without having to go in with concealer. The lumi's are known to be dewy, so make sure you want that. I love it. Now that it's summertime, I have to powder in my T-zone so I don't get too oily there. It transfers to my clothes, but that could just be me. At $16 it's kind of pricey for a DS foundation and I'm pretty sure the lumi in a pump is the same formula.

on 6/9/2017 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

For the price of this, I was expecting more. I like the light finish of the cushion foundations, but this was definitely a miss for me. The coverage was good, but the staying power was abysmal. It looks very dewy and smooth on the skin, but after a day of work (a desk job) my face was splotchy and look "tired." I don't think I've ever had a foundation make me look tired. The color selection was very bad. There wasn't anything light enough for my NW15 skin, but I tried one a shade too dark anyway. Even mixed with my favorite foundation, it doesn't stay on my face and manages to disappear. Total disappointment. I've only used it a handful of times and definitely won't buy it again.

on 5/23/2017 1:18:00 AM

I gave this cushion two tries (as in purchased twice) and I give up on it now.

The positives:
1. Good color match for me personally, I have shade n2. I have Eastern European neutral undertone skin usually described as porcelain. Usually most light colors of foundation either make me look too orange or too ghostly white.
2. Nice dewy super light coverage. More on this later.
3. Doesn't break me out. I have pretty reactive skin.
4. Does not accentuate flakies if you have them (I have them occasionally on chin/mouth/nose area if I'm overdoing skincare). You'll have to buff/pat it in lightly, don't smear or use back and forth motions to rub it in though. This will also prevent streaks. This might be more due to the sponge that comes with the compact - it applies product nicely.
5. Packaging is sturdy and clicks shut well - I've never seen it leak even after being tossed around. It also doesn't show smears much if you're like me and sometimes grab it with hands that might have traces of products.

That's it.

Now the negatives:
1. That super light dewy coverage will not work for skin with ANY kind of blemish or pigmentation. Also if your skin is combination or oily watch out - this won't keep you matte even with finishing powder on top. Soon after initial application it breaks up around my nose and settles in ugly pools around my nose even under mattifying powder. I have to wipe it off and reapply completely around that area which isn't something I like to do on the go. I tried layering it before, it didn't seem to build coverage well.
2. It is pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation between $14.99 and $16.99 at most stores.
3. It runs out SUPER fast. My compact went fairly dry after roughly 2.5-3 weeks of 4-5 day/week use. Now when I reach for it I have to kind of reach to the edges with the sponge to try to get the rest of the product. In my opinion, that's not enough product for the price. This is considering i dont layer the foundation. If you layer it will run out faster. PROTIP: to extend the life of the compact and try to get every last bit of product you can actually turn over the sponge in which the liquid is housed by reaching in with your fingers.
4. The sponge applies nicely but it gets gunky with product buildup really fast. You'll have to try running it in a washer or dish washer because washing it with hot water and soap didn't work for me.

Overall I will not repurchase this because the negatives outweigh the positives for me. It comes out too pricy for me. Maybe this format isn't for me. If I feel like splurging I'll buy a luxury liquid foundation. It'll certainly last longer. I'm still open to trying out other cushions to test if others work better.

As with everything YMMV.

on 5/14/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought because it said it was "buildable" so I thought it would give full coverage, but the coverage is really light. Might be good for some people, but if you are looking for a full-coverage foundation look elsewhere. There is also not a lot of product in the package as the sponge holds onto it.

on 4/12/2017 11:13:00 AM

Maybe I just got the wrong color, but I couldn't enjoy much about this foundation at all. I'm W3 in the Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup, and I'm a huge fan of it. I bought this because I thought it was the same thing in compact form for travel. It's not. It's a different color, for one, and secondly, it takes FOREVER to get some coverage that isn't sunken into the pores. I'm all about less time and less steps in makeup, and somehow this little compact makes makeup application MORE complicated.

For all of that, this foundation is pushing 20 dollars for .51 oz, which blows my mind. The finish, once you've spent a considerable amount of time on it, IS quite lovely, my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil works great with it, and I don't need a highlighter with it. The steps taken still don't add up though because I still need some sort of sunscreen, as this one has none. Also, the beautiful finish doesn't last long before breaking up around the nose and chin and settling into lines. This might be nice over a tinted moisturizer in the winter to give a bit more coverage but not cake into skin, and I think it's a pretty decent product for transitioning into different seasons, but I don't think it's good summer makeup (no SPF, glowy coverage that could turn shiny pretty easily). For a super simple summer fix, I'd still prefer Tarte's 12-hour BB primer.

on 4/9/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WHERES THE COVERAGE?!

Too sheer (not even buildable!), for big price at a DRUGSTORE?!! Feels light, obviously. Not bad for wrinkles, but it's useless for agespots. N4 was too light/gray, N5.5 too lemony (not just yellow, *light* yellow like the inside of a lemon), and W5.5 too orange on my NC40-42 skin. I tried mixing drops of NYX Total Control foundation in Golden into N4, as silicone-based foundations are compatible, and even ample shaking in the compact can't get it to mix--I had to mix it on a sterile surface; it worked, but it's more work than I'm willing to put in on a busy morning.

I had slightly better luck with the Maybelline cushion compact, but not by very much.

I love love this product. Super picky about my foundation but this is so light and covers easy breezy.

on 3/21/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on ebay for $10.49 including shipping, and I love it except for the shade, which is C4 and just a little too dark. It glides on easily, feels weightless like I'm not wearing makeup, stays put, and does not make my face look shiny. I live in Florida and the weather is great right now, cool with no humidity, so it remains to be seen how it will hold up in the hot humid months. If I can find it in a shade lighter for a good price, I'll buy it again.

I was in cvs and couldn't remember if maybelline or L'Oréal had the better cushion foundation, so I grabbed this on a whim. I got the shade N2. Normally I wear that or W2 in their liquid foundations. The color on the package looked close so I bought it. Actually, a YouTuber recommended maybelline not this, so my bad...
It looks exactly like an Almay foundation I wore in 2004...same touch pad, same shiny oily makeup. That was the first kind of compact cushion makeup but they called it something else then. Back then it wore ok, got super oily, but did look good although the coverage was skimpy. This version is pretty much same deal only you apply with a fancy sponge...big whoop.
The coverage on this is very light. Even building it, it doesn't get very opaque. It is very very oily even on dry skin like mine. It blends ok with the compact puff thing. I used a beauty blender and that didn't do any better. Once applied it looks nice, like skin, it you def need to spot conceal over....and correct before applying because everything shows thru. But, The finish is nice. Def set with powder because it'll be melted off in minutes even on dry skin.
I would just do a natural look with this...little blush and highlight...def no contour because it just looks so sloppy and unpolished. It's like, you'd wear this to the beach or on a vaca when foundation isn't cool, but it's so much work and so sheer there's no point in bothering...plus if you want a sheer beach foundation there are a million faster easier options, like mineral makeup for example.
The color is as usual, lousy. It oxidizes quick. My face looks orange and my neck is pale...not cool. The prob with their shades across all lines is that it's either way too pale or too dark. I'm not mixing what's supposed to be a quick foundation to get a decent color...if I'm going to mix, I'll get out my RCMA and get a better finish, longer staying power, and any level of coverage I want.
Overall, this product is a loser. The color is bad, the staying power is bad, and the price is crazy for so little bit of product. I'll prob play with it more applying it with a mini brush like Mally has, and with my fingers like the Almay stuff, but this is very likely going into my apocalypse collection. I can't see a lot of benefits of this product since there are others that do similar things, only more quickly and with less effort.