L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

3.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Acrylates / Stearyl Acrylate / Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lecithin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Adenosine, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Tocopherol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation with light coverage and somewhat luminous. I enjoyed it, but I won't repurchase because there isn't much product. I believe this was over $13 and I only got about a dozen uses out of it. It was quite a surprise when I realized there was hardly any product left on the sponge. I like the Lumi line but I think it's close to the same formula as the True Match Lumi in the bottle, which is way more product and not as expensive.

on 1/13/2017 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the Lumi products by L'Oreal because I'm very dry, and I was a huge fan of the lumi liquid foundation for a long time until I saw the Cushion came out and I LOVE it. It gives me a hydrating dewy finish, and is full coverage. Best drugstore foundation hands down!

on 1/10/2017 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

on 1/5/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So first, I should mention that this isn't much less than a standard mid/high range foundation you find in Ulta or Sephora. This has half the amount (.5 oz) compared to most foundations (1 oz), so there's not a huge price difference there beyond a few dollars. Now on to the product. Finding a shade was the first issue. No way to test or see the color in the opaque white compact. I went by internet swatches, which got me close enough to test it, although the shade was too dark and pink toned. It felt quite light, and this was what I'm looking for. Just a foundation to have for nice occasions that still looks natural. This did succeed in that in some ways, but it didn't in others. While it was light, it sat the on top of skin and never sunk in. The absolute only way to successfully apply this is with a sponge, pressing it onto skin. I used a damp beauty blender with success, and fingers and a brush with zero success. I could see the foundation sitting on the skin and it also rubbed off quite easily and oxidized some, getting darker than it was initially. It felt light and was easy to wear, however, which was the only success about this for me. It just didn't give me what I was looking for, although it wasn't a bad foundation.

I absolutely love this foundation. It's super natural looking and dewy finish which I love. The coverage is pretty sheer, I would not recommend this to people who need a lot of coverage. I am a high school student and I don't have much acne like only once a year so this is perfect for me. I have very sensitive and dry skin, but this never once irritated my skin and it is quite moisturizing, of course wear moisturizer underneath. With this being said I don't recommend this to people with oily skin because I think this will be too moisturizing. It lasts quite a while about 7-8 hours there is still make up remaining on my face. The shade range is also very large with a warm, neutral and cool undertone selections which I adore about this foundation as I could easily find my shade that matches me perfectly. I love how it's like the Korean cushion foundations, I love the idea and how it works. It has a wonderful large mirror inside that is very ideal for on the go make up and the applicator it comes with is easy to use on the go along with it's compact container. So if you are in a rush and need to do make up in a car this is a wonderful on the go foundation. I also love the cute, girly packaging this foundation has from the white container at the bottom to the beautiful pink metal lid with the very cute fancy sticker on the top. However, compared to other drugstore foundations, this is really expensive still, it costs me about $25 dollars at the store I usually go to and about $23 at a cheaper store. I usually wait for it to go on sale ($20) and purchase a lot because this is such a good foundation even though the sale price is still high. Another con about this product is that you only get 0.51 oz or 14.6 ml of product which isn't a lot and if you use it on a day to day basis you will run out very quickly. Overall, I love this foundation very much and it works and looks beautiful on me.

on 12/31/2016 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for an everyday, natural-looking foundation that would provide a bit more coverage than a BB or CC cream, and read a recommendation for Lancome's Miracle Cushion. I tried that at Sephora and liked the cooling, dewey finish. However, that product is very expensive, so I decided to try this drugstore dupe. It took two purchases to find the right shade -- I am NW 25/30 and landed on C3 in the Lumi Cushion. I do think the L'Oreal version has less coverage than the Lancome. It does nothing to conceal acne. It does, however, even out the tone of my rosacea-prone skin. It feels like nothing on and seems to last all day based on the amount of product that comes off at night on my face wipe. L'Oreal recommends that you "tap" it on, and this is really crucial -- it ends up looking streaky if you rub it in like traditional liquid foundation. All in all, I like it because it looks more natural than my go-to mid-coverage foundation, which is MUFE HD in R135.

on 12/1/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely light foundation. I like a medium to heavy coverage normally but this works so well it's like your skin but better. As with all cushion foundations you get half the amount of product and no refill like the Korean brands. This said it makes the Laneige pore less BB cushion cheaper as you get a refill when you purchase the pact initially, then the refills can be purchased for £12 (l'oreal is £15 here in the UK). This is a good product but not as good as the Laneige.

excellent foundation, beautiful finish in the skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this product, but it fell so short. It doesn't cover anything at all and it made my face too shiny, even though my skin is pretty dry. It's too hard to get much foundation onto the little pad it comes with since it's under a sponge in the packaging. Using my finger to apply it was messy and gross. I even tried to take the whole sponge out of the bottom and put it directly on my face, in the hopes of getting it to cover my skin better. Even laying it on thick makes no difference. It's like water. Plus it is way too expensive for not very much actual foundation; it is hidden under the sponge so you can't see how much you're actually getting in the beginning, anyway. I never throw out products that I've barely used, but in this case I did. It's not worth the money, time, or trouble.

on 11/12/2016 5:21:00 PM

L'Oreal needs transparency in packaging and marketing! The company keeps its Ingredients hidden, for good reason. The product is made with parabens! It is bad enough to include these dangerous when they are known to encourage cancer. (For more info, check out EWG Skin Deep database. There you can look up ingredients and actual products!) The biggest concern is that L'Oreal is hiding it under their label. In order to view the ingredients I needed to spend a great deal of time and effort prying the little info tab apart, then visually strain to see the fine print. This is nearly the same review I gave Maybelline Fit Me foundation. The only difference is that this one feels greasy.