L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation

3.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, Methyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Acrylates / Stearyl Acrylate / Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lecithin, Isopropyl Myristate, Isostearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Adenosine, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Tocopherol.

on 4/12/2017 11:13:00 AM

Maybe I just got the wrong color, but I couldn't enjoy much about this foundation at all. I'm W3 in the Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup, and I'm a huge fan of it. I bought this because I thought it was the same thing in compact form for travel. It's not. It's a different color, for one, and secondly, it takes FOREVER to get some coverage that isn't sunken into the pores. I'm all about less time and less steps in makeup, and somehow this little compact makes makeup application MORE complicated.

For all of that, this foundation is pushing 20 dollars for .51 oz, which blows my mind. The finish, once you've spent a considerable amount of time on it, IS quite lovely, my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil works great with it, and I don't need a highlighter with it. The steps taken still don't add up though because I still need some sort of sunscreen, as this one has none. Also, the beautiful finish doesn't last long before breaking up around the nose and chin and settling into lines. This might be nice over a tinted moisturizer in the winter to give a bit more coverage but not cake into skin, and I think it's a pretty decent product for transitioning into different seasons, but I don't think it's good summer makeup (no SPF, glowy coverage that could turn shiny pretty easily). For a super simple summer fix, I'd still prefer Tarte's 12-hour BB primer.

on 4/9/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

WHERES THE COVERAGE?!

Too sheer (not even buildable!), for big price at a DRUGSTORE?!! Feels light, obviously. Not bad for wrinkles, but it's useless for agespots. N4 was too light, N5.5 too lemony (YES), and W5.5 orange on my NC40-42 skin. I tried mixing drops of NYX Total Control foundation in Golden into it, and even ample shaking in the compact can't get it to mix--I had to mix it on a sterile surface; it worked, but it's more work than I'm willing to put in on a busy morning.

I had slightly better luck with the Maybelline cushion compact, but not by very much.

I love love this product. Super picky about my foundation but this is so light and covers easy breezy.

on 3/21/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on ebay for $10.49 including shipping, and I love it except for the shade, which is C4 and just a little too dark. It glides on easily, feels weightless like I'm not wearing makeup, stays put, and does not make my face look shiny. I live in Florida and the weather is great right now, cool with no humidity, so it remains to be seen how it will hold up in the hot humid months. If I can find it in a shade lighter for a good price, I'll buy it again.

I was in cvs and couldn't remember if maybelline or L'Oréal had the better cushion foundation, so I grabbed this on a whim. I got the shade N2. Normally I wear that or W2 in their liquid foundations. The color on the package looked close so I bought it. Actually, a YouTuber recommended maybelline not this, so my bad...
It looks exactly like an Almay foundation I wore in 2004...same touch pad, same shiny oily makeup. That was the first kind of compact cushion makeup but they called it something else then. Back then it wore ok, got super oily, but did look good although the coverage was skimpy. This version is pretty much same deal only you apply with a fancy sponge...big whoop.
The coverage on this is very light. Even building it, it doesn't get very opaque. It is very very oily even on dry skin like mine. It blends ok with the compact puff thing. I used a beauty blender and that didn't do any better. Once applied it looks nice, like skin, it you def need to spot conceal over....and correct before applying because everything shows thru. But, The finish is nice. Def set with powder because it'll be melted off in minutes even on dry skin.
I would just do a natural look with this...little blush and highlight...def no contour because it just looks so sloppy and unpolished. It's like, you'd wear this to the beach or on a vaca when foundation isn't cool, but it's so much work and so sheer there's no point in bothering...plus if you want a sheer beach foundation there are a million faster easier options, like mineral makeup for example.
The color is as usual, lousy. It oxidizes quick. My face looks orange and my neck is pale...not cool. The prob with their shades across all lines is that it's either way too pale or too dark. I'm not mixing what's supposed to be a quick foundation to get a decent color...if I'm going to mix, I'll get out my RCMA and get a better finish, longer staying power, and any level of coverage I want.
Overall, this product is a loser. The color is bad, the staying power is bad, and the price is crazy for so little bit of product. I'll prob play with it more applying it with a mini brush like Mally has, and with my fingers like the Almay stuff, but this is very likely going into my apocalypse collection. I can't see a lot of benefits of this product since there are others that do similar things, only more quickly and with less effort.

on 3/4/2017 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this when it was first realised in Australia and I was intrigued by the concept. The packaging is super cute and this is a nice product to just chuck in the handbag but the foundation itself is nothing special. Light coverage especially applying it with the applicator that comes with it, you could build it but it's not really worth messing around with. I just stick to using this when topping up my makeup when I need a little bit more glow or if there's some patchiness or something.

on 3/4/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this but it's just meh. It emphasized my pores.

on 3/4/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok so let me start off by saying I really did like this foundation, while the coverage was sheer I really loved the finish, I did need to set it with a powder or I looked straight up greasy. Couple of problems that lead me to realize this is not worth repurchasing. First is the amount of product that you actually get,14ml?? that's literally half of what you get in a regular foundation by pretty much every brand and the price, this is £14.99 in the UK making it one of if not THE most expensive drugstore foundation I've come across and this only lasted me 3 weeks!

on 3/4/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this. Better than 90 percent of foundations I've spent twice as much on. Got so many compliments wearing this so happy I tried it because I was iffy.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this stuff. I don't ask for a lot in a foundation, and honestly most are too much for me. I have normal-dry, clear skin so all I really need is a little something to even out my skin tone. This is perfect because it's not too heavy and is very natural looking. I don't find it to be very luminous or dewy as the name suggests, but I do have dry-leaning skin. Overall, set with a little powder, it lasts all day for me. Also, I'm very fair and N2 is a perfect match for me. I will definitely buy this again when I run out!