MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - D For Danger

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - D For Danger
Matte Lipstick - D For Danger

4.4

on 11/8/2018 7:43:00 PM

Looks like a deep red with a very soft hint of fuchsia. I tried dubonnet for a deep red but this one is far superior than it. Actually, d for danger is one of my favorite colors, and it also makes teeth look whiter, which is a plus. This will probably work in a wide range of skintones as for a red-brownish color it does have some fuchsia in it. Formula is ok, drying but long lasting. Notging that a good lip balm would'nt solve.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Forget Rebel, get D For Danger!

I don't know why people don't really talk about this shade, it is absolutely gorgeous! Best berry-toned red that MAC carries in my (not so humble) opinion. And believe me I know MAC lipsticks by heart.

This is again one of those perfect, universally flattering lipsticks that will look amazing on everyone. I've recommended it to so many people and it looks great on everyone. The colour is not too deep, not too bright. Formula is amazing; it applies easily and does not dry out your lips. What not to love?

For unedited arm, lip swatches of this and other MAC matte lipstick shades you can check out my separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/10/17/5-MAC-Lipsticks-You-Should-Try-This-Fall). Hope it helps!

on 8/29/2018 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

D for Danger is a very nice deep fuchsia on me. It lasts long and fades evenly. Not really a staple, but a beautiful color nonetheless.

on 5/28/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I consider this to be a deep red colour not as deep as diva a bit lighter. It's my perfect red as I have tan skin and I think that the pink undertones makes it special and flatter my skintone. It's not really intense but I think that a simple cat eye and bronze eyeshadow make it pop. As for the staying power it lasts through eating and leaves a decent amount of colour.

on 5/2/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Really beautiful dark berry shade, not as dark or intense as diva, pulls more berry that mac red and ruby woo. I noticed it looked better on my dark hair, with lighter hair it looked a bit much for me with a full face of makeup.

on 12/24/2015 10:22:00 PM

I absolutely love this lipstick! On my fair skin, it is raspberry red with a hint of pink, but I most definitely consider it as a red. It can get a little dry on the lips after a while so I always use a balm before applying it. And also, it does leave a very pink stain on the lips, but I don't consider it bad because even if you have something to eat or drink the colour stays put on a very decent way!

M.a.c is not always the most reliable when it comes to their descriptions on lipsticks. I know this as a make up artist and a make up hoarder because not everyone has the same undertone, skin tone, etc. I will say that the formula is creamy, but still matte. It is definitely not too thick. It also has great staying power, and it is a pretty flattering shade for just about every skin tone in my opinion. While it does have pink undertones, I find that it is an easy lipstick shade to manipulate with the right lip pencil, i.g., ms. Diva pro longwear by M.a.c.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wonder why MAC describes this lipstick as 'brick red'. I can reassure you, it is NOT even red.

I would describe the shade as a raspberry pink. I see absolutely no red in it. Maybe if you look at it from far away.

The consistency is creamy, it lasts a very long time and i find it fairly drying.

What i find most annoying is that once I removed it, it left me a VERY strong pink stain, almost neon. I had to rub my lips so much to remove it that they became sore and with a burning sensation.

The colour itself is not bad, you must be into pinks to like it. I personally hate pinks so I couldnt warm to it no matter how many times I tried it.

I wouldn't recommend it because the shade is easily dupable and you can find a better one that does not stain like this one.