Alba Botanica Good and Clean Pore Purifying Mini Peel

No Image

4.4

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Alcohol, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, glycerin, Propanediol, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Xanthan gum, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil (Bergamot), Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane), Acer Saccharum Extract (Sugar Maple), algae extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract (Orange), Citrus Limon Fruit Extract (Lemon), Fragaria Vesca Fruit Extract (Strawberry), Lactobacillus, Arundinaria Gigantea Ferment Filtrate, Leuconostoc, Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Olea Europaea Leaf Extract (Olive), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple), Rubus Fruticosus Fruit Extract (Blackberry), Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape), Citric Acid, LActic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sea Silt, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantifolia Oil (Lime), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil (Orange), Citrus Grandis Peel Oil (Grapefruit), Citrus Limon Peel Oil (Lemon), Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil (Mandarin Orange), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), benzyl alcohol, PHenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Citral, limonene

I sleep with it on, a quarter-sized glob, even the eye, neck area. BEFORE I put it on, I wash with gentle soap, then use an alcohol-free toner, then put on the peel. AFTER: Wash off gently with coolish-warm water, very gentle soap and a microfiber cloth (exfoliates gently). Then use Thayers rose alcohol free toner which I spray on and rub in and leave on. Then anti-wrinkle serum, sunblock all over, and a spf BB cream, either Dr. Jart BB or Physicians Formula CC rubbed in well in the t-zones. I think the peel makes the skin smoother, pores smaller, REALLY cuts down on scars & flareups from adult cystic acne.

Love love love this. Started using in pregnancy when I felt like my complexion was meh, and have continued it after second babe was born...mom skin can be meh too. Tried the yes to grapefruit one that is similar, that smells great but this is HG for me. Can usually find at my Marshall's or TJ Maxx. Used in combo with my clarisonic & Acure's Radical Resurfacing Treatment...very good skin days.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and large clogged pores. I have recently realized that for my skin to look its best I must exfoliate daily. I did not want to use daily exfoliating scrubs which can be harsh on the skin so I went looking for a fruit acid peel. I am used to using glycolic acid, salicylic acid and lactic acid products so did not find this product containing 6% fruit acids to be harsh or irritating. I think that the fruit acids overall are more gentle than glycolic acid on the skin. I actually use this everyday, leaving it on for 15-30 minutes. It leaves my face gently exfoliated and keeps my pores cleaned out. If you are new to using an acid peel, then I would only leave this on for 1-5 minutes to see how it affects your skin. For the price, you get a lot of product. The scent reminds me of orange and grapefruit rinds. Update: While this is a nice, gentle peel it does not work as good as the Juice Beauty green apple peel for sensitive skin or the Vichy Double glow peel mask, both of which also use fruit acids to exfoliate.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this stuff. I have super oily skin in my t-zone and normal skin everywhere else. My skin used to be oily all over, but as I've gotten older, my tzone has remained as oily as every but my cheeks and jawline are normal. My skin is not sensitive (I wouldn't recommend this if your skin is sensitive). I actually sleep with this on my skin - yes, I leave it on all night, all over my face. When I wake up, my skin looks so lovely - clear, smooth, just lovely. I wash it off in the morning as I normally would wash my face (with an exfoliator since this does make my skin peel a touch). I use it about once a week. Absolutely love this stuff.

on 5/14/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update 4/20/17: I finally ran out of my bottle of this and decided to try Nip Fabs overnight glycolic fix. It was more than double what I paid for this stuff and I found the results to be minimal. Repurchased this and I think I love it even more. I had to add a lippie. Still works great at unclogging my pores and diminishes the minimal breakouts I have. My skin positively glows when I use this 2 to 3 times a week. Although I always put a real thick layer on this stuff lasts me a good amount of time. Will be repurchasing again when I do finally run out. I also will be trying the gentle acne wash in the same line. Original review: I'm surprised that there aren't very many reviews on this. Bought it for the first time about a month and a half ago and have been using it twice a week since. I feel it does a very good job of exfoliating and it definitely "tingles" when wearing. I put on a generous amount after washing my face and leave it on until the tingling/slightly burning sensation gets to be too much. Then I wash it off with room temperature water and a washcloth. Using a washcloth is a must for me as it doesn't rinse off all the way without it. I do see brighter and clearer skin after and it does seem to be helping with lightening old and newer acne scarring. I will most likely purchase again but would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I USE THIS RIGHT AFTER MY SKIN LABORATORY, 20% SALICYLIC ACID FACIAL PEEL, EVERY FOUR WEEKS NOW. IT SEEMS TO BE QUITE GENTLE, ALTHOUGH THERE'S SLIGHT TINGLING SENSATION. I ONLY LEAVE IT ON FOR A COUPLE MINUTES, AND RINSE OFF WITH ROOM TEMPERATURE WATER, AND A SOFT WASHCLOTH. THEN, I USE A 10% BENZOYL PEROXIDE MOISTURIZER, BY ACNE FREE SEVERE. I USE DESERT ESSENCE'S TEA TREE OIL FACIAL CLEANSER BECAUSE BEFORE AND AFTER THIS MINI-PEEL, AS IT CAN CAUSE MY MORE SENSITIVE SKIN IRRITATION, IF I USE THE ACNE FREE SEVERE'S CLEANSER WITH IT. THE 20% SALICYLIC ACID FACIAL PEEL BY SKIN LABORATORY REMOVES OIL, AND DEAD SKIN CELLS, SO THIS PRODUCT CAN REDUCE ANY HYPERPIGMENTATION, FROM PREVIOUS BREAKOUTS. IT SEEMS TO MAKE MY SKIN SMOOTHER, AS LONG AS I USE IT REGULARLY/EVERY FOUR WEEKS.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is nice product to use for gentle daily exfoliation. The bright blue packaging caught my eye at Whole Foods and seemed perfect for my skin type. It contains a lot of fruit enzymes (6% AHA) which is a gentle way to exfoliate the skin. I don't use this peel daily but I do use it every other day. My skin is very oily and very prone to clogs and AHA's are the best at keeping my pores in check. I do use glycolic already on a daily basis. This peel is a great security blanket for my skin in keeping it clear. I was extremely worried by looking at the long list of ingredients that this could absolutely wreck my face with acne. But, so far this is working fabulous. My skin can be very reactive to new products and I didn't get any with this. However, it does slightly tingle when I first put it on. The tingle goes away in about three seconds though. Currently, I have three clogged pores and I think the reason why I have so few is due incorporating this product into my routine. I use it at night. Package states to leave it on for 1-3 minutes but I leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. At Whole Foods, this was $8.99 but it is sold cheaper at other stores and on Amazon.
Omg, I forgot to mention the smell! I'm huge with scents because I'm very sensitive to them and find most beauty products stink. But, this peel smells like a tropical fruit drink in the Caribbean. I love smelling this every time I use it. It lifts my mood during the dull cold days of January.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) , Alcohol , Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract , glycerin , Propanediol , Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice , Xanthan gum , Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil (Bergamot) , Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane) , Acer Saccharum Extract (Sugar Maple) , algae extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract (Orange) , Citrus Limon Fruit Extract (Lemon) , Fragaria Vesca Fruit Extract (Strawberry) , Lactobacillus , Arundinaria Gigantea Ferment Filtrate , Leuconostoc , Radish Root Ferment Filtrate , Olea Europaea Leaf Extract (Olive) , Panax Ginseng Root Extract , Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple) , Rubus Fruticosus Fruit Extract (Blackberry) , Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract (Grape) , Citric Acid , LActic Acid , Salicylic Acid , Sea Silt , Tocopheryl Acetate , Citrus Aurantifolia Oil (Lime) , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil (Orange) , Citrus Grandis Peel Oil (Grapefruit) , Citrus Limon Peel Oil (Lemon) , Citrus Nobilis Peel Oil (Mandarin Orange) , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , benzyl alcohol , PHenoxyethanol , potassium sorbate , Sodium benzoate , Citral , limonene

on 12/17/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a weird and wonderful product (even though it was absolutely trashed by Beautypedia--but I am not a fan of Paula's Choice in general these days, so maybe that's a moot point). I bought this at Marshall's for $6 because I thought it looked interesting and I wanted a gentler AHA mask/treatment than the Nip + Fab Glycolic mask, which I like but which tends to be WAY too potent for me most of the time.

The fragrance is strong but super invigorating--I liken it to an orange or grapefruit, out of which all the juice has been squeezed, so you're left with nothing but zest and pith. Mmm! The texture is also really interesting--very jelly-like, almost slimy when squeezed out, but once I spread it onto the skin it melts into a water-like texture and dries down the longer I let it sit. I use it anywhere from 1-10 minutes, usually post-shower on a clean face, and usually on nights when I use a retinol. (It's also great in the morning after I've had a rough night, or when I have a big day ahead of me when I want to really prep my skin properly for makeup.) Regardless, there's a little tingle upon application, but once rinsed off my skin looks really nice--smooth, even, and fresh. It's maybe just a short-term effect, but since I haven't had any breakouts/negative reactions to it, it's well worth the price for a temporary "AHA glow" with minimal burning.

Try and get it at Marshall's (I've seen it at Target, too)!