Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lipstick

Burt's Bees Burt's Bees Lipstick
Burt's Bees LipstickBurt's Bees LipstickBurt's Bees Lipstick

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in Doused Rose which is a matte rosy mauve color. This lipstick wears off faster than any other I have ever used, natural based or drugstore. The color is not very pigmented and it leaves a waxy feel on my mouth that I do not like.

on 5/31/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just received a sample of this, and I love it! Being on Accutane for the past 2 months has made my lips super dry, and lip balm was the only thing I could wear with confidence. This lipstick changes everything for me. It is very moisturising and soothing, it's almost like a lip balm but with a considerable amount of pigment. The moisture stays for 4+ hours, so that is good. The reason why I haven't given it 5 stars is because the colour tends to lighten after the first two hours (for me). But overall, it is a great product, thank you Burt's Bees! Will repurchase in Scarlet Soaked soon! xx

on 5/6/2017 1:02:00 PM

I don't like this product. It appears nice on the lips when you first apply it. It gives sheer and even colour to the lips. But that goes away almost immediately.

This product settles in to lip lines pretty badly. It also collects in the inside part of the lips.

It wears off pretty quickly too. It doesn't fade nicely either. After collecting and settling into lines, it wears away entirely quicker than average.

It also dries out lips. When it wears off, it leaves lips feeling dry. And after sustained use it dries out lips even more.

I do not recommend.

I got this in juniper water, the berry purple colour. It feels great on your lips but doesn't have very good staying power. It's almost like a lipstick lip balm.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love these lipsticks! The colours are all very natural and nude spare a few berry shades, but that's what I love about them. I don't have to wonder if they will look nice on me. I have all the shades, and I have to say the lighter shades bring out the dry patches on my lips, but the darker ones don't. These are not extremely moisturising, treat them as you would a lipstick and not a lip balm.

They apply sheer on the first layer but you can add more layers to make them fully opaque. I find them extremely comfortable for wear in the winter. I wear a lip primer underneath because otherwise my dry lips look even more dry.

I don't think they actually moisturise as you would expect burt's bees to, but otherwise they are extremely lovely lipsticks, with beautiful packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The Burt's Bees lipsticks are good quality, reasonably priced lipsticks. They come in a large variety of colours, my favourite being the brown-nude shade 'Suede Splash'. They feel comfortable on the lips, not at all drying. It applies easily and is flattering on the lips. The formula is hydrating and is has a slightly glossy finish. The lipstick lasts about 4 hours on the lips, but you will need to reapply after eating and drinking. This is a good lipstick, especially from the drugstore! I would highly recommend and will try other shades in the future.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this in my Allure Beauty Box (Jan 2017) in Blush Basin. It is okay. It's not the best lipstick in the world & I was shocked to hear it's $9! I hate to pay more than $10 for a DS product & for a few dollars more you can buy a MAC lipstick like u can buy 2 burts bees or one MAC I'd rather have one MAC. Blush basin is a sheer MLBB color but it wears off quick. I've never been that impressed w Burts bees colored lippies. The clear chapsticks are good but the rest are weakly pigmented & lack longevity. I'll probably lose this or stuff it into a drawer in w the island of misfit makeup that i own just underwhelmed by this. ..meh... the packaging is unattractive also.

on 1/29/2017 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Relatively expensive, dries my lip out, I dislike the plastic packaging (reminds me of old barbie toy furnitures), and the colours don't give that great of a payoff. Sorry Burtsbees, I wanted to love this product (as I did with all your lip balms), but there are way better options out there

on 3/11/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I quite like these lipsticks. They apply smoothly, and build up nicely. I found they bled a bit without a lip liner, but I'm old & most lipsticks bleed on me without a liner. They are pretty moisturizing for a lipstick and they feel nice on my lips, light and soft. I have Juniper Water and Orchid Ocean & I love both colors. On me, Juniper Water is very similar to Lipstick Queen's Hello Sailor, but more pigmented. The color of Orchid Ocean is very similar to how LQ's Bete Noir looks in the tube, a gorgeous deep blackberry. I actually prefer Orchid Ocean to both of the Bete Noirs because it's pigment is somewhere in between the Sheer and the Intense---and it's MUCH cheaper. The wear time on these is not that great, I had to reapply every couple of hours. So, not a perfect HG lipstick, but overall a very nice one for the price. I will definitely try a few more shades, and repurchase the ones I have.

on 1/29/2017 9:09:00 PM

I think this product is nice, but nothing special. The smell is ok and it does a good job keeping my lips moisturized.
The one thing that I don't like about this stick is the taste. It leaves a bit of an after taste that isn't very enjoyable. I would give this product a higher rating if could fix this.