Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick
100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Meh. I went into this lipstick knowing that they are somewhat sheer, but I was still pretty disappointed. There's nothing at all special about the formula or the colors, and while the packaging looks nice (to those of us who don't have that phobia of honeycomb shaped openings, I can't remember what it is called) it feels really cheap. The lipstick felt way too slippery on the lips for me, and I didn't notice any improvement in moisture or moisture retention in spite of that. I am sure that for people who like a sheer wash of color and don't mind reapplying often this works great, but for me it is just a pretty big fail.

I bought the Sunset Cruise shade.
In the first couple uses of it, I found the moisturizing pleasant and the pigment to be very easily bendable and layered. However, after a couple of hours, the pigment does retreat to creases in the lips and it has to be blended out again. Despite this, it is quite comfortable to wear (very transferable, though most moisturizing lipsticks are) and taste and smell okay.
After about 6 months of use, the lipstick itself had seemed to develop uneven bumps and produced a lot of oil. This made the application very uneven and a lot more 'moisturizing', so I would recommend keeping a lipstick brush handy.
The pigment on my lips were a little different from what I saw on the packaging.
Overall, it is a lipstick that I don't mind but probably won't buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Here's me, a lipstick SNOB, and I'm so loving my drug store Burt's Bees in Tulip Tide (a bright pink), that I'm planning on buying ALL the colours when they go on sale at my local Shopper's Drug Mart.

This lipstick has pop! It provides great colour, and it lasts and lasts and lasts...when I first wore this product I didn't have to touch up for 5 hours. And it felt smooth and silky, no issues with dryness or cakiness on the lips, that really uncomfortable feeling I often get with much higher-end products. $10 Cdn per lipstick. A range of gorgeous shades. A steal. I'm loving Burt's Bees Lipstick!!!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic find! I first tried this in Sunset Cruise and loved it so much I also got Blush Basin. They have very good color pay off, don't dry out my lips, and have decent staying power. I have had good luck with Burt's Bees balm but these last longer. Sunset Cruise is a flattering peachy pink on me and Blush Basin is the first MLBB I've found. Will definitely repurchase and try more colors.

on 2/2/2018 12:06:00 AM

I have a few of these that I adore. They are moisturizing and creamy, and applied evenly. I bought the shade in blush basin which is a gorgeous mlbb soft pink (perfect for my fair skin), sunset (a stunning coral). The lipstick nourishes lips while adding pretty colour. That being said these lipsticks aren't super long wearing so that is something to be kept in mind.

it's an overpriced tinted chapstick.

on 1/13/2018 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was just yuck for me. Did not like constituencies or tube design. Product got pushed up in cap after that it got tossed. Very drying on my lips.

on 1/13/2018 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a lover of pink-browns and muted reds, so when I saw swatches of Blush Basin online I just had to try it.

So you've heard of the term 'MLBB' right? Blush Basin is an EXACT shade match to my natural lips. It certainly makes me feel more dressed up - but swiping on lipstick generally does that. I'm more amazed that I found my natural lip color in a tube! The texture is a little waxy and powdery, but there's a nice natural sheen. Something does feel missing though. It does transfer. I agree with other reviewers that the product sits on top of your lips - it doesn't promise to smooth out lines or moisturize (in which case I would've reached for their tinted lip balms). It's a nice product, but I'm not a strictly, all-natural ingredients sort of purchaser and I prefer Revlon Lustrous lipsticks over these.

on 1/11/2018 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So far I like these and plan on buying more. They don't last long but they don't irritate my lips like MAC and some other brands do so I don't mind having to reapply more often.

Update: these have become my go-to drugstore lipsticks. I find it I put on a layer, blot, then another layer that they last a bit longer. My favorite is Blush Basin. It looks like a peachy pink on me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So far I have this in Orchid Ocean, and I want to get Juniper Water. It feels nice, but fades almost immediately. Maybe its a like a lip balm with a lot of color that fades quickly. But the colors just look so great! I find it hard to get a perfect plum that looks just right. I don't know why their cheaper lines have such dreadful frosty colors. So yes, I love these, but I think they are overpriced.