Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick

Burt's Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick
100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick100% Natural Moisturizing Lipstick

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I have mixed feelings about this product. In my attempt to go more natural (and sensibly priced) I was drawn to these. I do like there is little to no scent but because its more natural I have noticed some issues with bumps appearing on older on sale lipstick s or if I buy online. Too bad because with some tweaking this could be a great product maybe change the packaging to some thing less bulky but not cut back on the product and do something about the shea butter causes bumps . . I will post a pic later what I mean.

That being said my fav shade is Lily Lake . Would love to see this in balm form . Love the tinted balms in the brown tube. I still have the original Sunset Cruise but the new ones appear more brown.:/

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love the colours but this isn’t actually an ideal product unless you just get a lighter shade for the moisturizing effect. The liquid lipsticks are beautiful though! 5 stars for those esp blotted a bit. They are like cream lipsticks in a liquid formula not long wearing just normal but v comfortable and beautiful effect

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

No, no, nope! Everything is weird about this product. The packaging looks good from afar but feels light and cheap and the spinner at the bottom is so light it can wind itself up. The product smells like cheap lipstick from the 80s. It feels ok on but it has zero colour pay off - it is a glowing sheer at best. I’m really disappointed as I like the brand but the smell is terrible.

on 3/22/2019 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The Russet River is the color I have been looking for all my adult life. A dark, warm winey/purply neutral that is a really dramatic yet totally natural "my lips but better" and is the darkest shade I can wear. It also looks wonderful over white zinc spf lip balm, a product that often changes added lipstick color for the worse, often making colors read blueish and fuchsia - my biggest pet peeve when it comes to color.

Surprisingly, this lipstick lasts a really long time and feel comfortable, being able to see a soft stain on my lips for most of the day, a rare find as most lipsticks fade on me quickly. I really hope I can buy this color for years to come.

I also like Suede Splash, a very natural color as well, a warmer deep pinky browny nude without the purple of Russet River. Blush Basin is also a lighter nude pink color that I like but I prefer slightly darker shades so I don't grab Blue Basin as often.

I would totally purchase these again, but be aware that these go on sale so often I probably would wait until it was at a discount and then buy two but only if you love them as much as I do.

on 3/15/2019 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is an excellent lipstick for everyday use. It last perfectly around 5 or 6 hours, feels super comfortable on the lips and the nude colors tend to look perfect. The only thing I don’t like is that they’re extremely creamy so they might broke hahah otherwise, this is perfect.

on 11/24/2018 7:09:00 PM

This lipstick is just fine if you're looking for a swipe of color and all-natural ingredients. If you're a die-hard makeup fan, though, this might not cut it. The formula is definitely creamy and comfortable but not quite as pigmented as I would like. I picked up the shade Russet River, a deep reddish-brown, and the more I applied it, the more it pushed the product around on my lips and distributed it unevenly. I doesn't expect one-swipe coverage with a drugstore formula, but if I smack my lips together, I at least want it to stay in place.

The honeycomb design is cute, but I find the square packaging awkward, and the weight a reminder that I'm using something cheap (but that's mostly me being a snob). I also have a bone to pick with this and any lipstick where the bullet extends just above the rim of the tube, because I rely on that traditional lipstick shape for outlining my Cupid's bow and I'm bound to ruin the tip if I miss putting the cap back on.

on 10/5/2018 6:23:00 AM

I used many high end products, with preference for those that somewhat moisturise the lips. This is easily in par with my Laura Mercier sheer lippy, yet half the price, what's not to like.
I got the SUEDE shade which is a good natural look and one won't need a mirror to apply, perfect on the go

on 8/26/2018 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Purchased this in the color Scarlet Soaked. This looked quite pretty when swiped across my wrist in that it looked lively without being garish and it wasn't too cool leaning. Well, on my lips this color looked not only drab but had a distinct shimmer that looked cheap. I figured this would be a good product to leave in the car for a quick swipe across mt lips while runnng errands. Geez, what a failure. The color fades and dried my ips terribly in under an hour of wear time. I dislike the color, formula, finish, longevity. Back to the store this one is going.

on 7/4/2018 6:00:00 PM

This lipstick is moisturizing because it is so creamy. But the creaminess while good, can also make it wear off quickly and settle in the lips. It has some very pretty neutral pink colors, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again--maybe only on sale.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Meh. I went into this lipstick knowing that they are somewhat sheer, but I was still pretty disappointed. There's nothing at all special about the formula or the colors, and while the packaging looks nice (to those of us who don't have that phobia of honeycomb shaped openings, I can't remember what it is called) it feels really cheap. The lipstick felt way too slippery on the lips for me, and I didn't notice any improvement in moisture or moisture retention in spite of that. I am sure that for people who like a sheer wash of color and don't mind reapplying often this works great, but for me it is just a pretty big fail.