COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm

Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused BalmOh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm

3.6

on 11/28/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love these, i have three colors..and plan to buy more. They remind me of the Fresh Sugar lip balms..they even smell the same...depending on the color, they can be very pigmented too! great buy.

on 11/16/2018 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have managed to actually pan a "lipstick" with this product! I never thought I'd see the day. I found this offered a sheer, comfortable nude color in the shade Caramel, enough so that it could be re-applied without a mirror. This had a pleasant (although artificial, which is fine, because nearly any flavoring in products would be) lemony/sugary scent. There was a slight, not really "grit" feel, although that might be the closest word I can think of to describe it. It was far from the level of an exfoliater so I would say it detracted from the lipstick comfort.

This is a very melty product and supposedly contains natural oils, so it is not recommended to leave in a hot car or purse unless you want a hot mess.

on 11/16/2018 3:52:00 PM

I was really excited that CG is now cruelty free so I went out and bought this. Got this in Caramel which is a nice medium reddish brown, like a deep nude. Really like the color. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the scent which is a bit strong/artificial for me, and I don't understand why any makeup is scented, just adds more chemicals. Also I paid $10 Canadian which I think is a bit steep for a drugstore lipstick. It does feel nice and moisturizing on the lips.

But the weirdest thing about this tinted balm is it has a sheen that seems to emphasize the texture on my lips more than any other lipstick or tinted balm that I own (matte, shiny or shimmery). My lips look downright wrinkly in this. I'm 49 but don't have visible wrinkles on my lips although I've always had slight vertical lines. I keep my lips well moisturized.

Therefore I don't recommend this unless you have young, perfectly smooth lips.

on 10/11/2018 9:55:00 AM

I own several of these and have no complaints. The color is sheer but buildable. It has Vitamin C, Vitamin E, avocado butter, and grapeseed oil to help moisturize. My lips feel moisturized, not dry, after/during wearing this. And the best part is that it smells like root beer!

on 10/8/2018 1:39:00 PM

I just bought it in Jelly and like that it adds a touch of mauve to my lips without being overwhelmingly purple. Nice scent. Cute packaging even if it is a little bulky. I agree with other reviewers it isn't crazy moisturizing but you can layer it ontop of another balm for the colour.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Soda is a red-purple that is somehow not enough of either red or purple to be especially flattering. The formula is too slick and sheer, and is very drying.

on 7/9/2018 4:48:00 PM

I actually like the texture of this lip balm. And the color is exactly what I wanted. I bought this in spice and it gives my lips a coral tint that still looks natural. It's not the most moisturizing balm out there but I didn't buy it for that so personally, I have zero complaints about this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very pigmented lips so I like sheer lip products that enhance my natural colour. I have this in Taffy and it adds a warm shimmery tint to my lips and gives a summery coral vibe. I love how I can swipe and go with this without having to blot. It does have a bit of grit to it so if you're looking for a traditional balm feel you might not like this.

on 5/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have it in Cupcake, a very sheer pink.

Pros
-Great packaging. The lid clicks shut so it won't fall off and make a mess of your purse

Cons
-Not very moisturizing
-Grainy texture doesn't really exfoliate or anything, it just feels really weird
-Colour is too sheer to see, looks like a clear lip balm instead of a tinted one

Also it smells just like root beer. All in all I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

on 4/18/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I feel that these are pretty average. I didn’t actually buy them and was somehow lucky enough to win them off of Instagram for reposting a contest photo. So I have Caramel, Candy Bon Bon, and Punch Cocktail. Punch Cocktail Candy Bon Bon have a tint that I personally don’t like on my skin tone but I have no problem topping them with a different lipstick. I also don’t like how they have a texture that feels like tiny grains of sugar, it just seems unnecessary because this is not an exfoliator. These do make my lips feel smooth and keeps them from feeling dry, I like the light sweet scent but there’s no standout qualities about this product that would make me go out and buy it. I did see them in the store and was surprised that they cost around seven dollars each for something that a $1.25 chapstick can do topped with a little bit of gloss.