COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm

COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm
Oh Sugar! Vitamin Infused BalmOh Sugar! Vitamin Infused BalmOh Sugar! Vitamin Infused Balm

3.5

on 10/11/2018 9:55:00 AM

I own several of these and have no complaints. The color is sheer but buildable. It has Vitamin C, Vitamin E, avocado butter, and grapeseed oil to help moisturize. My lips feel moisturized, not dry, after/during wearing this. And the best part is that it smells like root beer!

on 10/8/2018 1:39:00 PM

I just bought it in Jelly and like that it adds a touch of mauve to my lips without being overwhelmingly purple. Nice scent. Cute packaging even if it is a little bulky. I agree with other reviewers it isn't crazy moisturizing but you can layer it ontop of another balm for the colour.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Soda is a red-purple that is somehow not enough of either red or purple to be especially flattering. The formula is too slick and sheer, and is very drying.

on 7/9/2018 4:48:00 PM

I actually like the texture of this lip balm. And the color is exactly what I wanted. I bought this in spice and it gives my lips a coral tint that still looks natural. It's not the most moisturizing balm out there but I didn't buy it for that so personally, I have zero complaints about this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have very pigmented lips so I like sheer lip products that enhance my natural colour. I have this in Taffy and it adds a warm shimmery tint to my lips and gives a summery coral vibe. I love how I can swipe and go with this without having to blot. It does have a bit of grit to it so if you're looking for a traditional balm feel you might not like this.

on 5/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have it in Cupcake, a very sheer pink.

Pros
-Great packaging. The lid clicks shut so it won't fall off and make a mess of your purse

Cons
-Not very moisturizing
-Grainy texture doesn't really exfoliate or anything, it just feels really weird
-Colour is too sheer to see, looks like a clear lip balm instead of a tinted one

Also it smells just like root beer. All in all I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

on 4/18/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I feel that these are pretty average. I didn’t actually buy them and was somehow lucky enough to win them off of Instagram for reposting a contest photo. So I have Caramel, Candy Bon Bon, and Punch Cocktail. Punch Cocktail Candy Bon Bon have a tint that I personally don’t like on my skin tone but I have no problem topping them with a different lipstick. I also don’t like how they have a texture that feels like tiny grains of sugar, it just seems unnecessary because this is not an exfoliator. These do make my lips feel smooth and keeps them from feeling dry, I like the light sweet scent but there’s no standout qualities about this product that would make me go out and buy it. I did see them in the store and was surprised that they cost around seven dollars each for something that a $1.25 chapstick can do topped with a little bit of gloss.

on 4/2/2017 11:49:00 AM

I just bought this in Sprinkle. Lovely color, very smooth, sort of moisturizing. This is not a work lipstick because the color doesn't last. It's great for make up free weekends, though.

on 1/29/2017 12:58:00 AM

Bought this, got home, tried it on and did not like the gritty texture. Smelled lemony/ sugary to me but I didn't mind it . Stuck it in a drawer. Took it out two months later and it smells nasty in a horrible plasticky way. Threw it away.
I got it in Candy which was actually a very pretty shade on me. Shame I couldn't use it.

on 12/24/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I have this in Caramel which is a MLBB lip balm. Super cute packaging! I love how it looks like a lipstick bullet. Nice sheer color, applies very smooth, leaves a soft hydrated appearance but only rather slightly makes my lips feel hydrated. Color & shine lasts about 1 hour. Not sure if I'll buy more b/c these don't have SPF.

UPDATE Jan 26, 2017: Not sure if I would repurchase b/c it's not very hydrating. I bought a Burt's Bee's lip balm which hydrated my lips in 1 day more than 3 weeks of use w CoverGirl's...