Estée Lauder Perfectionist Youth Infusing Brightening Serum + concealer

No Image

3.3

on 10/11/2018 7:04:00 PM

I didn’t like this at all. The serum end has sparkly chunks of glitter in it and the concealer end doesn’t conceal and has a greasy texture that just slides around. I used both under my eyes so I don’t know which is the culprit, but one of them settled into my fine lines horribly and made me look 20 years older. And this product is also far too expensive for a concealer that doesn’t work. I’ve been a long-time fan of the cream concealer that comes in the little navy blue circular palette but they’re discontinuing it. I’ll need to find a better replacement

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another total whim purchase, the Estee Lauder rep pushed it on me while I was getting color matched for some EL light. Overall it's a nice duo, one end is the "serum" and has a doe type applicator, the other end is a stick concealer. I am slightly dissatisfied with the color options they offer, for light skin tones there is just a "1C" cool shade and runs a little peach. But I have some major under eye circles and thought I'd at least try it out. I was impressed when the EL rep applied this to my cleansed skin with no additional moisturizer, and it actually provided some hydration.
The serum is more of an illuminating liquid, I like the formula because it adds a little moisture to my under eye area and I find this a perk when reapplying later in the day. The peachy tone works as a color corrector. I take and spread one side of the applicator under one eye, the other side under the other eye, then pat it in. The concealer is a creamy stick style and I apply it directly to my under eye area, after applying the serum, again patting it on. The EL lady put both products on at the same time and patted it in that way, but I think this results in an uneven application. The cool tone works well but I have been told my skin tone is universal, but I do lean warm though. This lightest of colors they offer absolutely won't work for fair skin, but as EL has been expanding their color range, there might be hope yet.
Upon initial application it helps cover about 90% of the dark shadows but this is definitely not a full coverage. It does not last all day either. So one star off. I leave the 4 remaining stars as it reapplies quite well without making a mess, and as I've said before, it is slightly hydrating.

on 9/18/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great product. Has a great and natural coverage (i'm using Nº 2 over Bourjois healthy mix foundation in vanilla, or over double wear foundation in Nº 1). Doesn't crease or look cakey, and stays in its place for at least five hours. The serum gives a little subtle shine for an "wide awake" look. At this moment, is the concealer that works better for me (better than MAC pro longwear, MAC mineralize concealer and Nars).

on 9/17/2016 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Overall 4 stars for this product. I recommend using a concealer brush to apply the concealer as it tends to blend better. It has good coverage and staying power, but I didn't notice much from the serum although it feels nice to put on. The packaging is very attractive.

on 6/12/2016 1:35:00 PM

I have been using this concealer/serum duo for 4 months, non-stop! First, I apply the serum to my under-eyes and then smooth on the stick concealer over the top. The serum has a wonderful fresh feeling which feels super nourishing on my eye area, and the concealer has to be the most creamiest, smooth textured I've ever used. It's not slick or greasy however, because once you blend it in, it sets and becomes incredibly skin-like and long lasting.

The serum, which has light-reflecting particles, can also be used as a cream highlighter, and the concealer can, as I have been doing so, be used to highlight the triangular area beneath the eyes to give the face light thus bringing the area forward.

I am addicted to this concealer and would repurchase over and over again. Truly wonderful Estee Lauder.

on 1/24/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like the Double Wear concealer so I had high hopes for this. I felt the serum was useless (way too thin and transparent) and the concealer itself wiped right off. After an hour, it didn't look like I even had any on. Back to Double Wear!

on 12/12/2015 8:19:00 PM

This doesn't provide enough coverage, I don't find it pigmented enough. The double wear concealer is much much better. Also this runs really light, much lighter than double wear. The stick is nice, doesn't drag and is moisturising, it just doesn't cover. The liquid concealer side is way too light and has too many shimmery particles so I use it as highlighter. Does the job nicely. I use that side a lot more. I don't recommend this and say that you need to try this before you buy. Revlon colorstay concealer is ahead of this in just about every aspect.