Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick

2.7

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful colors, great feeling on the lips. I was disappointed when I noticed that the swatches on my hand didn't dry. But after time I've got over it. If you're looking for a smooth velvety finish and formula which doesn't dry your lips then I recommend these. They won't stay long, that's true. For those of you who like the dry formula and finish of matte liquid lipsticks: Take ONE layer of tissue (or toilet paper), blot your lips softly and it turns it more into a true matte finish. You can put on some baby powder for a long lasting wear but it might change the color on your lips. You can get bright, dark, daring or nude colors which is a plus. Not a single fail in the shade range. The smell and taste is not as bad as I thought. People complain about it but maybe they are more sensitive than me. The price is ok. The most important thing for me is the shade of the liquid lipstick. And Maybelline offers us a good selection of it. So, either use it as a cushion liquid lipstick or a matte liquid lipstick (which you can achieve by blotting + baby powder). It's a win.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Gave it a try, color is fine but I feel like I have perfumed soap on my lips and it is disgusting!!!!

I have to throw it out it is so bad. Don't waste your money.

So, I really do like these - I just think they should have been marketed/advertised differently. These days when we see the words "liquid matte lipstick" we're expecting something that goes on wet and dries down to a budge proof, dry matte finish.

That isn't what these are and so I'm seeing a lot of people are disappointed about that. I understand that. I wish they had called these something else - like a lip cream, or maybe even a lip gloss? They aren't glossy exactly but they have a slight sheen to them and don't​ look matte. They feel more like a traditional satin lipstick finish.

They do transfer. They aren't dry, they feel creamy and if you smoosh your lips together you can feel it slide around. You know, they remind me of NYX soft matte lip creams before they dry - these Maybelline ones feel like that creamy silicone type texture until they wear off. They never dry down like NYX.

I feel like I'm talking really negatively about these but I actually do like them once the initial disappointment left me. I love the color range, I chose Wicked Berry (super cool dark blue) and Orange Shot (bright summery orange). The colors are super pigmented and I feel like it lasts for hours and feels comfortable on the lips. It feels smooth and soft. I also think it smells really nice, like a sweet vanilla floral? I like it but it is pretty strong so if you're sensitive to fragrance that may be an issue for you.

So yeah these aren't your typical matte liquid lipsticks​ but they are still quite nice. I want more colors.

Love it! My only criticism is that it takes a while to dry, apart from that can't fault it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This liquid lipstick is terrible! I did not like it at all. It felt really weird on my lips and I almost felt like a burning sensation and I had to take it off immediately, but even so, it felt my lips really dry. Terrible!

It's good. That's all. The colours are nice but I'm extremely pale (nearly as white as a paper sheet) and none of them look perfect. Too dark and all, but I guess that's more on me. They're completely matte if you blot them a little so they're a pretty affordable matte liquid.

The scent however is putrid. I believe it's supposed to be a green tea/jasmine scent and that's usually lovely but jesus christ.. The scent is truly awful and lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got the shade, 05 Nude Flush and it looks really nice on a tan skin tone. It's really easy to apply as it's very smooth. It shows off the colour very well but like most of the reviews said, it's not fully matte but I don't mind, it still looked great anyways.
It stays on for a long period of time and I only had to reapply it once throughout the day. It doesn't fully stay on after eating or drinking but the colour is still definitely there.
I highly recommend this liquid lipstick, as it's not as bad as half of these reviews say it is. So give it a go!

I was excited when this product came out so I had to get my hands on it. I bought the intense red one and the pigmentation was great. Unfortunately, the smell of this product was way to intense for me and it would not dry at all- it felt more like a lip gloss rather than a liquid lipstick. I really can't recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable liquid lipstick.

I'm sad this product has such a low rating- I think Maybelline shouldn't have named it "Matte" bc everyone thinks liquid lip: no budge, dry, matte finish. This one is more like satin matte, and doesn't dry up completely. I'm not a fan of classic liquid lipsticks, I prefer something like NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams (my all time favorite formula).
I have it in the shade Nude Thrill and it's one of my go to everyday lippie. Im actually on my second packaging which with lip products almost never happens (I have so many). I'm NC10 skin and on me it's not nude at all, more like a dusty rose, perfect go to 'casual' color. I can wear it no matter which eye look I'm going for.
The flat applicator makes lipstick really easy and precise to apply. I pat on my lips after application to take away excess product so it won't transfer or smear all over my lips. You can also blot it on a tissue.
The lasting power is a little worse than most SMLCs, but the formula is not streaky at all.
I personally really love this product. I love also high end makeup but for lip products 80% of the time I go for drugstore.

I purchased this lipstick because I'm collecting matte lipsticks. I love how they feel because they don't transfer onto anything, and they stay on when I take sips of my drinks. This lipstick is a completely different story.

My first impressions of this lipstick were - this isn't matte, it's almost matte, but not quite, because it doesn't dry down completely. However, the pigmentation is great and doesn't feel too bad. I got "Pink Charge" and absolutely love the colour, I just wish it were a true matte.

For this being a matte lipstick, I have to give it a lower rating, simply because there are cheaper liquid matte lipsticks. However, I really enjoy this colour and have been having a hard time finding a good pink colour, so maybe I will consider buying it again.

If you apply it really thin, you will get more of a matte look, but still not completely matte.