Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick

2.6

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If they marketed this as a very pigmented non-matte liquid lipstick I wouldn't have been so disappointed, but it isn't matte in the least. It's very creamy and shiny, and as such it moves around a lot. You do get excellent color payoff, but the longevity is the same as a lipgloss and it MUST be used with a lipliner or primer. The colors are nice and fun and bright, but because the formula and product name are misleading, I'd say that is a pass unless you love thick, pigmented, shiny lipsticks that verge on gloss.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This was a disaster! For me this liquid lipstick doesn’t apply evenly and transfers to everything! Not to mention, it is a “matte” that’s doesn’t dry down and is uncomfortably sticky. I would NOT recommend, and would never buy again!

Shade: #50 Nude thrill (have uploaded pics wearing it)
It looked SO gorgeous swatched on my hand, like a warm caramel with a bit of peachy rose to it and it seemed matte but soft. I wore it with a caramel lipliner which I filled my lips with and it seemed like the same colour and texture so I don't think it was necessary. It was quite drying but not overly so but enough not to reach for it in future. It did have a strong scent and I felt I was swallowing perfume everytime I bit or smacked my lips together, so that wasn't too nice. The colour was really nice but it turned a bit more brown on me than I would have liked. However, I did find it matte. Would not re purchase, I'd rather stick to my MAC lust which is a lipglass but looks so much better colour and texture wise on me.

I got the Nude Flush one and I love the way it feels and looks when you put it on; it has a silky silicone feel. It definitely looks matte to me. However: as others have stated, it doesn't ever fully dry down and will transfer onto everything your lips touch until it's worn off. If you don't mind old-fashioned reapplying every few hours, it's not a bad lip, but if you're like me and you've gotten used to stains and long-wear formulas, it's a bit of a nuisance.

Beautiful colors, great feeling on the lips. I was disappointed when I noticed that the swatches on my hand didn't dry. But after time I've got over it. If you're looking for a smooth velvety finish and formula which doesn't dry your lips then I recommend these. They won't stay long, that's true. For those of you who like the dry formula and finish of matte liquid lipsticks: Take ONE layer of tissue (or toilet paper), blot your lips softly and it turns it more into a true matte finish. You can put on some baby powder for a long lasting wear but it might change the color on your lips. You can get bright, dark, daring or nude colors which is a plus. Not a single fail in the shade range. The smell and taste is not as bad as I thought. People complain about it but maybe they are more sensitive than me. The price is ok. The most important thing for me is the shade of the liquid lipstick. And Maybelline offers us a good selection of it. So, either use it as a cushion liquid lipstick or a matte liquid lipstick (which you can achieve by blotting + baby powder). It's a win.

This is NOT matte lipstick; this one is very creamy,sticky SATIN that doesn't dry up on the lips. This formula leaves stains all over anything you put your lips on.I bought few shades ,mostly nudes and one purple, but I will be using them only as a moisturizer when staying at home or as a primer underneath my Kylie Jenner matte lipsticks, which I found to be over drying.I will use them as they feel smooth on the lips but will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Gave it a try, color is fine but I feel like I have perfumed soap on my lips and it is disgusting!!!!

I have to throw it out it is so bad. Don't waste your money.

So, I really do like these - I just think they should have been marketed/advertised differently. These days when we see the words "liquid matte lipstick" we're expecting something that goes on wet and dries down to a budge proof, dry matte finish.

That isn't what these are and so I'm seeing a lot of people are disappointed about that. I understand that. I wish they had called these something else - like a lip cream, or maybe even a lip gloss? They aren't glossy exactly but they have a slight sheen to them and don't​ look matte. They feel more like a traditional satin lipstick finish.

They do transfer. They aren't dry, they feel creamy and if you smoosh your lips together you can feel it slide around. You know, they remind me of NYX soft matte lip creams before they dry - these Maybelline ones feel like that creamy silicone type texture until they wear off. They never dry down like NYX.

I feel like I'm talking really negatively about these but I actually do like them once the initial disappointment left me. I love the color range, I chose Wicked Berry (super cool dark blue) and Orange Shot (bright summery orange). The colors are super pigmented and I feel like it lasts for hours and feels comfortable on the lips. It feels smooth and soft. I also think it smells really nice, like a sweet vanilla floral? I like it but it is pretty strong so if you're sensitive to fragrance that may be an issue for you.

So yeah these aren't your typical matte liquid lipsticks​ but they are still quite nice. I want more colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This liquid lipstick is terrible! I did not like it at all. It felt really weird on my lips and I almost felt like a burning sensation and I had to take it off immediately, but even so, it felt my lips really dry. Terrible!

Love it! My only criticism is that it takes a while to dry, apart from that can't fault it.