benefit Cosmetics They're Real Tinted Primer

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Polybutene, C1836 Acid Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, PVP, Steareth21, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Nylon12, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth2, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Panthenol, Algin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Serine. [ /: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]. N° 09408/A

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I was looking for a tinted primer to wear with a blue mascara. I love Lancome's lash primer, but the white can be difficult under cobalt blue. Since I like the They're Real mascara for everyday use, I hoped this primer would be equally effective.

I've tried this primer under They're Real, Lancome Monsieur Big, and L'Oreal Voluminous (Cobalt Blue) mascaras and have been disappointed each time. While application was easy, the flaking and smudging with all three mascaras proved to be quite frustrating. Volume looked awful and in truth, using the mascaras along looked better.

This primer is a don't bother for me.

I wear this on its own as an everyday mascara and I find that it works great! It separates, tints and volumises my lashes without making them look clumpy. It doesn't flake and lasts well throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

finally i've found a 'mascara' that's just perfect for me. i've always wanted the My Lashes But Better Look (because my lashes are already relatively long and dark) but every other mascara i've tried just has too much of a dramatic effect for me and it clashes because i wear glasses 95% of the time.

it stays on with a good setting spray; i've had no issues with it smudging or smearing. the wand is perfect too.

this is like ... a lip tint; but for your lashes, if that makes sense. if you want something more natural then definitely get this! will be repurchasing once my mini runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this primer to use underneath waterproof mascara, which was making my eyelashes break off and thus voiding my best efforts to get the look of longer, thicker lashes :( I was surprised how wet the formula is and deducted a lippie b/c it's pretty difficult to keep it from getting on my upper eyelids. At least it wipes away easily while it's still wet. That's my only complaint though. I've been using it for about three months and am thrilled with its performance. I'm able to layer my waterproof mascara on top of this primer without problems with clumping, etc. And my poor, abused eyelashes have grown back and are quite healthy.

Some reviewers noted that they can wear the primer on its own. I haven't been able to do that. My eyes are quite deep set, and my eyelids are oily. So without waterproof mascara on top, I end up with raccoon eyes. I don't blame the primer though as it's not meant to be worn by itself.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So I would really like to update my view on this primer having worn it now for a few weeks. I am very happy to say that my eyes stopped bothering me after applying this product, I don't know what has changed other than the weather may be less dry so less irritation prone? I don't know but I am really happy to not worry about this.

Unfortunately I am less in love with They're Real Tinted Primer Than I thought I was. I find it really wet and can weigh down my lashes, making them droopy and soggy. Maybe I use too much but I want my primer to build well because I am using tubing mascara which has no thickening powers on their own. As I prefer a dry mascara to anything wet which They're Real Tinted Primer totally is, it leaves me with zebra stripes all over my brown bone and managed to make my lashes look very full but shorter than anything I am used to. Like looking at one's lashes through a playhouse mirror, they looked short and stumpy but very full.

For the top lashes I must express my love for Loreal's lash primer which I was using previously. It is a thick white cream that one applies with a traditional mascara brush. My main issue here is covering the white product when applying the black mascara, possibly using too much in the process.

Yet because I was so unable to make building layers of product work with the Benefit primer I played around with the Loreal primer stretching and building HUGE lashes that touched my brow bone they are so long but look oddly natural. I let it dry and then added a second layer just for fun before added Revlon's tubing mascara on top focusing on the task of covering the white with smooth even strokes, keeping in mind the sunburst pattern, brushing the hair up and to the left, up to the middle and then up to the right.

The application this way is very analytical and it is only when one steps back to look at their work can it be seen. A large, hyper realistic eye that looks totally natural on a larger scale. Be prepared for stranger to look at your lashes, the look is very dramatic in the most natural way possible, results impossible with They're Real Tinted Primer.

If my story ended their this would be an easy return to make. They're Real Tinted Primer would go back to Sephora within the week and that would be that. Yet I still really enjoy this product on my lower lashes. It darkens them yet does not add volume which is great for the bottom lashes. I have tried to wear actual mascara on the bottom but it smeared widely and made my under-eye area darker looking sooty and dark. With They're Real Tinted Primer I have had limited issues with it smearing, I assume because my lashes were not clean and dry to begin with, possibly getting some oil based mineral sunblock on them. Now I take a few moments and wipe them with a cotton swab or folded piece of tissue to make sure they are free of product before applying this primer and I have not had issues with smearing since.

I would have been great if They're Real Tinted Primer was my answer for both top and bottom lashes but I am very happy with the results for the bottom alone, the reason why I bought this product in the first place. I will continue to purchase it for this reason. Below is my first review.

----------------------------------------------------------

I am a big fan of mascara primers in theory but my only experience with them is the one from L'oreal which I like but I have trouble covering up the white glue-like product, which is turn makes me use more mascara than I would typically like that this leaves me with flaking through out the day.

I am really liking this primer as it is a brown shade leaving me nothing to cover up with my mascara. The mink color is nice and dark which was a concern of mine as it looks light on the brush but works great on my dark lashes and dark brown hair color. I love this product especially on my lower lashes which are long but not very dark. The effect is totally natural, my lashes but better without looking like Twiggy and I have had no issues with it smearing or flaking which happens every time I use mascara on the bottom. Because the effect is so natural I don't feel like it makes my dark under eyes look worse, as mascara tends to do as well.

I c

I love this mascara. It has a nice deep brown tint so it looks more natural than black. Perfect for work or an everyday look if that's your thing. The formula is great. Not too wet or too dry. The brush head is long and the bristles are small so you can get to the finer inner lashes well. I've used this very, very regularly for around a year and it's only just run out. I realise you're not supposed to use mascaras for that long but that brings me to my only negative- the price. The tube cost me around $40.00 AUD. Which is quite expensive even by Australian standards. The cost won't deter me to purchase another though as this is hands-down my favourite mascara.

It made my lashes look sparse. Did notthing on volume and couldn't hold a curl. When I put my normal mascara on top, it looked clumpy. Thumbs down from me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It doesn't work like a mascara, but it's not supposed to. That being said I think it provides a nice amount of length, is a subtle brown not too light but not jarring like a true black. It is nice for a natural look but still adds dimension and helps boost your lashes. I have repurchased the sample sizes as I hardly make it through mascara's before they dry out and benefits smaller sizes do come with a generous amount of product, so I do recommend trying it that way if you're interested :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this. I purchase in the sample size which is perfect for me since I don't wear mascara every day. On my skimpy Asian lashes, this brown primer looks darker on my lashes than it does on the wand. When worn this looks like a natural soft black. It adds more volume and length than an everyday type of mascara like Maybelline full n soft. It's less brittle than other mascaras and holds a curl. Easy to remove.

The applicator is shaped somewhat like Benefits they're real mascara, but the primer applicator is actually flexible and soft, so it took a little getting used to. It takes longer to apply but I don't seem to get clumps. I use this in place of regular mascara, not as primer. But, if I wanted a more dramatic eye, it would be perfect as primer. It is buildable if you want to retouch later in the day. Also, even though it's not the best for my lashes, I curl before and after application of mascara. With regular mascara, I worry about the possibility of lashes looking crunchy or the possibility of breakage. Since this is softer, I don't.

This formula is wet. But, it doesn't get all over my lids like cover girl lash blast (orange tube) and I don't have to wait for it to dry before applying another coat.

Amazing primer that used on it's own gives a laid back "my own lashes" look. Loving this one.