BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real Tinted Primer

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am a big fan of mascara primers in theory but my only experience with them is the one from L'oreal which I like but I have trouble covering up the white glue-like product, which is turn makes me use more mascara than I would typically like that this leaves me with flaking through out the day.

I am really liking this primer as it is a brown shade leaving me nothing to cover up with my mascara. The mink color is nice and dark which was a concern of mine as it looks light on the brush but works great on my dark lashes and dark brown hair color. I love this product especially on my lower lashes which are long but not very dark. The effect is totally natural, my lashes but better without looking like Twiggy and I have had no issues with it smearing or flaking which happens every time I use mascara on the bottom. Because the effect is so natural I don't feel like it makes my dark under eyes look worse, as mascara tends to do as well.

I can also add less mascara on my top lashes and I have had no issues with flakes like I typically do. Partly I am sure as this primer feels like it really grips the mascara on top when applying but also because I am getting away with much less product in general. Because I use what I would consider a dry mascara (Cover Girl's professional remarkable tubing mascara and a layer of Revlon's tubing mascara on top) I do let this primer dry before adding my mascaras and between each layer and it works great for me, I love it!

With so many pros one may wonder why this is not a five star review. The only issue for me is that, especially when wet this primer has fumes that dry and irritate my eyes. My eyes are pretty sensitive but I have not had this problem with the Loreal white primer or the other mascaras I have tried. Once dry I can go about my day without thinking too much about this but I do worry that over a period of time my eyes may get drier and drier and create a problem for myself. Only time will tell how big an issue this will be for me. I hope it does not get worse and I am willing to try as I love the hyper real, almost dramatic effect this primer has on my lashes. I would be very sad to have to stop using this and I hope this does not happen. I will update with more info in the days or weeks following as this is a very new product for me right now. I would totally recommend this if you do not have sensitive eyes! Wish me luck...

I love this mascara. It has a nice deep brown tint so it looks more natural than black. Perfect for work or an everyday look if that's your thing. The formula is great. Not too wet or too dry. The brush head is long and the bristles are small so you can get to the finer inner lashes well. I've used this very, very regularly for around a year and it's only just run out. I realise you're not supposed to use mascaras for that long but that brings me to my only negative- the price. The tube cost me around $40.00 AUD. Which is quite expensive even by Australian standards. The cost won't deter me to purchase another though as this is hands-down my favourite mascara.

I agree with the other rewiever below, I use this primer as my mascara without any other on top, it's absolutely sufficient on those "only-little-make-up-days". The color of the primer is brown, it adds decent volume, lashes appear noticeably longer and are well-separated. What do I need more? I hope they'll never discontinue this little gem!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this. I purchase in the sample size which is perfect for me since I don't wear mascara every day. On my skimpy Asian lashes, this brown primer looks darker on my lashes than it does on the wand. When worn this looks like a natural soft black. It adds more volume and length than an everyday type of mascara like Maybelline full n soft. It's less brittle than other mascaras and holds a curl. Easy to remove.

The applicator is shaped somewhat like Benefits they're real mascara, but the primer applicator is actually flexible and soft, so it took a little getting used to. It takes longer to apply but I don't seem to get clumps. I use this in place of regular mascara, not as primer. But, if I wanted a more dramatic eye, it would be perfect as primer. It is buildable if you want to retouch later in the day. Also, even though it's not the best for my lashes, I curl before and after application of mascara. With regular mascara, I worry about the possibility of lashes looking crunchy or the possibility of breakage. Since this is softer, I don't.

This formula is wet. But, it doesn't get all over my lids like cover girl lash blast (orange tube) and I don't have to wait for it to dry before applying another coat.

It made my lashes look sparse. Did notthing on volume and couldn't hold a curl. When I put my normal mascara on top, it looked clumpy. Thumbs down from me.

Amazing primer that used on it's own gives a laid back "my own lashes" look. Loving this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very long but thin black lashes. I like this primer. I use it as a Mascara. When my stylist notices and compliments my lashes- I know I'm on to a great product! For evening , I use it under Mac zoom mascara for Wow effect !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My lashes are long thanks to Latisse, but the tips aren't as dark as they used to be (not sure if this is my imagination or if it's another unfortunate side effect of aging). I wanted a lash product that would simply tint the ends of my lashes, not a full-on mascara, and this stuff is absolutely perfect. I use just a tiny amount and the effect is completely natural, without flaking, smudging or irritating my eyes. While I mostly use it as a tint, on occasion I've layered mascara on top and was pleased to discover that it fills its role as a primer wonderfully as well.

I prefer the primer to the mascara. It does not clump at all and the mascara does. The primer, if it came in brown like the mascara, I would wear it alone. This is the best mascara I have ever used and I have used many.

I dont know why they called this a primer because it can totally be used as a mascara on its own! Its a dark brown colour which looks natural yet darkens the lashes! It gives so much volume and lenght! My lashes look fluffy and long after one application only and the best part is that it does not clump up like the mascara version does! Definitly recommend! I use this instead of mascara now. Pros: volumizing and lenghtnening, no clumping, no smudging, curls lashes, easy to remove, darkens lashes