NYX matte liquid eyeliner

NYX matte liquid eyeliner
matte liquid eyelinermatte liquid eyeliner

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

UD 24/7 liquid liner use to be mu HG. This is now my new go to! Will last 8 hours but not 24. On my flight back from the UK it smudged and burned my eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Closing in on 2018, there are a couple things about myself I've noticed this past year with regards to makeup specifically.. one is, the less effort, steps, tools, hassle involved, the better. There was a time when curiosity got the better of me and I tried gel liners, felt tip liners, all kinds of pencil liners.. and they all have their time and place and I keep them around for good measure.

But guess what?? Nothing beats the convenience of a really quick, bold, matte black liquid liner that doesn't smudge and lasts all day. How can you go wrong? Liquid liner is a Practice makes perfect sort of thing and a lot of people are intimidated by it because there is definitely room for error, but once you have it down, there is no other kind of eyeliner that looks as glamorous and goes on as quickly and smoothly. Of course that is just my opinion, but this Nyx matte liquid liner is a big part of the reason I say that. It is BOLD, matte, very long-wearing and doesn't bleed outside the line. It is user-friendly with a very fine, sharp point and very even distribution of product. It can create a thin line as easy as a thick one. If you prefer winged liner as I do much of the time, this is an excellent choice.

The price is very reasonable and it is now readily available at the drugstores. It is one of those drugstore products (along with my Coty Airspun loose powder, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, L'Oréal brow stylist definer and Cover Girl super sizer mascara), that I buy over and over again with TOTAL confidence that I'm getting as good, if not better quality than I would find at Sephora, and I don't feel the need to rock the boat and spend more, because WHY mess with the best??

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product from one of my local drug stores on a whim. I can't quite remember how much it was, but I believe I picked it up for 10-15 bucks at the time. I do like that the brush is very thin, and likely easy to work with if you're well-practiced when it comes to liquid eyeliner. I personally prefer to use an angle brush; I paint the product onto the angle brush and go about my winged-eyeliner look that way, it's a whole thing.

The formula is definitely matte, which I found made it quite dry as a result, meaning I had to work with it very quickly. It caused my eyelashes to clump a bit as a result. My biggest qualm with this eyeliner is that it almost acts like a dry-erase marker. If I went over it with another coat, it would flake off. It seemed to be that if I didn't get it right the first time, there was no going back for a touch-up.

The last time I used it, I got so frustrated with it, I decided to take my makeup off completely and start over again. This stuff is incredibly difficult to remove! It smears everywhere, and it stains. I usually keep the products I buy for a while, hoping I'll find a use for them eventually, if not as part of my daily routine. This product irritated me and my skin so badly, that I inevitably had to chuck it. I love NYX products, but I've had zero luck with their eyeliners thus far. I think I'll stick to their lip and eyebrow products instead.

Hands down the easiest liquid liner I've worked with. Doesn't come off when rubbed. You need eyemakeup remover to remove this.
Nice matte finish, may need to go over it once.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really like this liner. I've used Kat Von D tattoo liner for a few years now but I've gotten tired of how fast it dries out, and I'm not crazy about the semi-shiny finish, as I like my liner to be completely matte. This is my new go-to, it's matte, opaque, very black and doesn't flake or run easily. The brush is thin enough to do nice, precise lines, at least if you're used to liquid liner. If you're not it might be a bit tricky at first. Overall I'm just really happy with it.

on 8/26/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great liner! The formula is decent, it applies quite smoothly and the brush has just the right "snap" to manoeuvre my cat eye easily. I see that some have had flaking issues with it but so far it hasn't done that for me. The formula could be a smidge creamier as I find I have to redip my brush for each eye. I guess because it's matte it dries down rather quickly? It does the job well though. My only other issue would be the price for the amount you get. Compared to my old standby, L'Oreal Lineur Intense with the brush, this is a little chintsy. Where I buy my drugstore makeup, the L'Oreal is $10.99 for 7ml while the NYX is $9.99 for 2ml. The L'Oreal goes on sale regularly while the NYX does not. Nevertheless, because it makes drawing on my cat eye easy again (and once it's on, it's pretty water resistant) I will continue to purchase.

on 7/4/2017 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my go-to liquid liner. Good staying power, easy to apply, thick enough consistency for good control, but not too thick. Only thing is that it does tend to want to come off in big chunks by the end of the day. Their vinyl version is very good too, highly recommend both versions.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

alright y'all, i normally never buy liquid eyeliner because i have hooded eyelids and liquid liner always rubs off (i have to use gel liner or just tightline). i randomly bought this eyeliner because i wanted something that wasn't pencil for a show, and Thank God i got it. it is SO GOOD.
the brush is long enough to hold comfortably and short enough to have good control over. it's also very precise and can be maneuvered to make thin or thick lines. best of all, it stays on super well!!!!!!!! never have i ever had an eyeliner that stayed on as well as this stuff does. it's dark when you put it on and mostly stays that way (i don't feel the need to redo it, but some might prefer to). and it's pretty cheap.
110% recommend getting it. an absolute blessing to my hooded eye needs.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the colour payoff and the staying power. It goes on dark and stays put. The applicator, I dont love. I like a stiff applicator and this one is weak. I also find it grabs too much product which leads to an uneven application. What i hate most is this top part of the applicator always manages to get eyeliner on my lashes which makes them hard and crispy.

on 5/5/2017 3:29:00 AM

At first, I wasn't a fan of this eyeliner simply because of the applicator and the fact that I was used to felt tips, but once I got used to using the different applicator, I learned to love this product. The pigment is amazing and completely opaque, unlike other drug store eyeliners I've tried. It stays on all day (and really until I want to take it off), and is just a dream. Also, this eyeliner is very affordable for the quality. I got it for $7 and definitely recommend getting this.