NYX matte liquid eyeliner

matte liquid eyeliner

4.5

on 3/5/2017 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe it's just because I'm not a huge fan of eyeliners, but I don't enjoy using this product that much. First off, I find that the matte-ness takes away from the pigmentation a bit. It ends up looking more like those eyeliner stickers I see on Amazon. Secondly, the product is incredibly runny, so you have to wipe it down on the tube quite a bit before applying. I'm sure that isn't a complete drawback for some, but if you're like me and still not that good with applying liner, the runniness makes it incredibly easy to make mistakes. Lastly, it's pretty difficult for me to remove. Usually comes off in globs or flakes, which makes me think that there are some people out there that would experience flaking throughout the day. Again, I'm just pretty critical of eyeliner in general, but I still don't think I would recommend this to my friends.

on 3/1/2017 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lasts all day even with oily skin and no primer. Highly pigmented. Brush gives thin line, buildable. Great value.

on 1/24/2017 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite liquid liner so far. It's pitch black, totally opaque and dries matte and smudgeproof. Nothing in my collection beats it including Physicians formula Lash booster. My only complaint is that the brush frayed a tiny bit after very light use.

on 1/21/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm so so so happy about this purchase, my first one branded NYX.
I'm very very very needy with my eyeliner: with watery eyes and oily lids, I search for something extremely reliable and with extra long staying power. I've been satisfied for a long time with my Milani's and my Wet'n'wild's eyeliners, but I wouldn't have mind to find a new alternative.
I was strolling in Milan last week and visited a NYX shop in the early morning; the sellers were super cute and strongly suggested me this eyeliner. All of them were wearing it and I could definitely say it looked great.
I tried it the same night and hell yeah: this one is very very good. I never enjoyed those little tiny brushes (except the Wnw one) but this one makes it easier done than said.It's also extra precise. The black is extra rich and pigmented and one stroke is literally enough.
It lasts me everyday from 8/9 am to midnight without any smudge, fading or melting, which is impressive - even my HGs aren't *that* amazing. It survived literally everything, tears, steam, I mean e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!
Strongly suggested to everybody!

HG drugstore eyeliner for sure

on 1/13/2017 3:00:00 PM

Nice rich dark (matte!!!) black, super affordable, easy to find unless your Ulta has a perpetually ransacked NYX department like mine, and decent lasting power. You need steady hands and a few trial runs to get a good line with this one, as it's not a pen but a fine brush that wiggles a lot - I've had my fair share of slip ups leaving me looking like I put my eyeliner on while safeguarding the rest of my makeup from my 4yo daughter, and I'm trying to project a fantasy, not reality lol.

on 1/13/2017 9:42:00 AM

I bought this because I have always problems with eyeliners, I want an eyeliner that dryes quick and keeps all day, and this is one of these eyeliners that I could say it is really good. Stays all day, do not smudge, only I would like find this eyeliner in a eyelinerpencil version because you need to manage these kind of eyeliners really good, if you can manage then is perfect for everybody but when you can not manage so good well try it, it is not so difficult !!!!
In germany is around 6-7 euros

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this eyeliner after looking up products online that are great on oily eyelids. I have REALLY oily lids (i'm talking shiny, for real oily) and this eyeliner is bomb. It dries quickly so work fast. if you make a mistake... you can swab it with a q-tip & water if you're quick enough - once it sets, it won't budge unless you use eye makeup remover.

Pros:
- stays on ALL DAY & NIGHT (applied at 7am for work, had a sleepover with my team on the same day so i didn't remove my eyeliner until 1am. At 10pm after the movies, my teammate was like: damn girl, your eyeliner is still on and looks great)
- waterproof, smudge proof, transfer-proof, everything proof lol
- rich, intense colour
- brush but can make various wing sizes (skinny, fat, long, short, you name it.)
- cruelty-free, drugstore & affordable

Cons:
- applicator is a really skinny long brush. i actually poked my eye a few times when i first started using it because i wasn't used to such a long & flimsy brush since it was quite longer than most eyeliner brushes. You get the hang of it after a few applications though :)

Definitely sticking to this eyeliner for the rest of my life. I don't see why I would go for anything else since it works extremely well with my oily lids, unless they discontinue it :(
I prefer the matte eyeliner over the vinyl one (b/c of shiny finish and i heard that one isn't as smudgeproof) and i sososoooooo recommend this to anyone with any skin type!!!

on 11/29/2016 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have tried tons of eyeliners. I have very oily hooded eyes. Almost all eyeliners smudge/difficult to put on. Not this one! Just have to let it dry down a bit and then it's intense matte black for the entire day and stays there! I repurchased, which says a lot because I almost never repurchase things since I don't love them all. I recommend this above all high end brands as well.

This is my new HG liner! This eyeliner was recommended by an acquaintance of mine, and I have to say I'm quite impressed! The applicator is a little long for my taste, which is why it's minus one lippie, but this eyeliner is top notch, at a great price. For only $7, you get a liquid liner that lasts all day and goes on smoothly. I'm used to using felt tip pens, but recently they haven't been giving me enough control. I'm happy I went back to tried and true bottle and brush liquid liner, and this one is amazing. It is very pigmented, dries absolutely matte, and stays on very well. I got slight cracking at the outer corner of my eyes where my wings start, but I get that with every liner I've ever tried (watery eyes). Other than that this product is amazing, and for only $7 I can't see why you would pay for a "high end" liner over this one. I previously used Stila Stay All Day but the $22 price tag is such a turn off.