NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner

Matte Liquid EyelinerMatte Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

on 12/9/2018 10:44:00 PM

Great product :)

Matte finish and stayed longer than I expected. I have slightly oily lids and most eyeliners smudges or disappears after several hours

on 11/12/2018 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! Long lasting and rarely smudges.

on 11/4/2018 9:04:00 AM

This is a very good formula, long-lasting black matte that goes on opaque. I personally find the brush a bit too flimsy, I prefer a firmer sponge tip. But with a careful hand I can get really nice results, I just need to apply with patience.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome. It's hard to get off. Awesome eyeliner to sleep in n wear the next day.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The NYX matte liner is definitely matte and very black which I like. The brush which is not too flimsy yet not too stiff, makes it easy to do a wing. You can also make a thin or thick line with the brush too.

The staying power is awesome. I usually apply my makeup at 10am and don't remove till 11 PM or so and it doesn't fade or smudge. To remove, I use the store version of Neutrogena and it removes it with no problem.

The only gripe I have with it is the amount you get for your money. The amount you get isn't anything near other liquid liners like the L'Oreal one. You're paying more $ per ml compared to other liners. But when it's on sale, that issue is totally gone. So I'd recommend you get it when it's on sale and stock up. I would definitely repurchase and already have backups of it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great jet black, matte color. The formula is like liquid black vinyl and slow to dry. I do not like the long haired brush applicator and find it difficult to apply a smooth, even line. This is not long lasting on me, and starts to fade off before the day is half through. I prefer using a waterproof gel eye liner pencil such as from Mally Beauty, or a waterproof liquid felt tip pen style applicator from Stila.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good eyeliner. Very black. Doesn't smudge or move once it dries down. The only con is that it's tough to remove, but I use this as my go-to eyeliner when I really need it to stay put for a long time. This will last you all day, no jokes. It's almost a "vinyl" texture, hard to explain.

on 4/18/2018 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE this eyeliner. Perfect for doing a wing, I personally love the feathered tip! It definitely is matte which is my preferred finish. Easy to use, beginner friendly and lasts all day! would deff recommend.

This was my first foray into liquid brush-tip liners, and I really like it! The brush is very very thin, which is perfect for my preferred eyeliner look, and it goes on smoothly, stays matte, and wears pretty well throughout the day. I usually apply it over primer + shadow in a couple different brands, and haven't had any issues with wearing it all day except for the minor one mentioned below.

I'm docking a star for two minor reasons: 1) it dries very quickly and it's a little tricky to apply a second layer over the first, which can make it a bit of a challenge to apply evenly, and b) I get a teeny bit of weird smudging right at the outside corner of my eyes sometimes after a few hours wearing this stuff (most often when paired with my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), though thankfully this doesn't happen if I set it with a bit of translucent powder, so that's an easy fix. Overall I'd totally recommend this as a workable budget option for someone like me who's a newbie to this style of liner.

They discontinued my NYC liquid eyeliner so I decided to give this a go, and it did not disappoint. It has a thin, brush applicator, which I LOVE, perfect for winged liner. It's also a true opaque matte black!