Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.4

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

on 4/8/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several products from The Ordinary, NIOD, and Hylamide. I've definitely had my share of disappointments, but Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age is a star in the line.

Like many of Deciem's products, this is a water-based serum. Some of the offerings from The Ordinary have a viscous or tacky texture that can even ball up under makeup. But SubQ is light, clear, watery, hydrating, and not sticky at all. I reach for this every morning because it absorbs into the skin cleanly and doesn't interfere with makeup application.

This contains peptides, 5 hyaluronic compounds, an algae complex and a touch of copper. These ingredients nourish and support healthy skin.

It's cruelty free. Does not contain alcohol or oil. My skin can lean oily or dry depending on the climate and season. I can use this year-round. I have never broken out from this comfortable and weightless serum.

Hylamide's prices fall in the middle between luxury brand NIOD and budget brand The Ordinary. This costs $38 for 30 ml. However, I typically use only four or five drops per application. I've had the bottle for several months and I am only halfway through the bottle.

The glass dropper bottle has a simple clean look beside the basin, but it is not my favorite thing for travel. I prefer Drunk Elephant's packaging for the suitcase.

Would definitely buy again.

Ingredients as listed on Deciem's website, 4/8/18:

aqua (water), glycerin, hydrolyzed yeast extract, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, copper lysinate/prolinate, methylglucoside phosphate, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ahnfeltia concinna extract, saccharide isomerate, polyglucuronic acid, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, phospholipids, lecithin, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, ethoxydiglycol, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.

on 12/19/2017 4:44:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product so I am giving it three lippies as it does seem to work but I cannot wear any concealer when I wear this in the morning. It does seem to temporarily give very good moisture to my skin (which has it's share of lines) and that helps me look fresher in the face. It works best in the morning BUT when I try to use concealer on my face, it settles into my pores and also won't blend with my skin. It is like this is a barrier. I can use this at night, and I will continue to do so, but I get the best, visible results when I use it in the morning. It is a great price, does not seem to break out my skin, and seems to do what is says but I am confounded by the issue I am having with the concealer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm 70, and almost didn't buy this product because of expense and, seriously, what could it do at this point in my life? My skin's pretty good: I have been using cosrx snail, retinol, vitamin c, etc
There was an immediate improvement: even smoother, lines blurred. I use it at night because my old skin is getting thinner/more sensitive. But my skin looks great! If it does this for me, well .... it's worth a shot. It is pricey, but I feel like I'm using less of the other serums. Highly recommend.

on 8/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

i love this stuff. I use it as a serum in my night routine and i'm enjoying it. I use it after cleansing, toning and before my actives, it adds moisture to my skin in preparation for the actives (overnight peels, vitamin c or retinol) and its fine. What can i say, its part of a night time routine for aging sundamaged dry skin and its working well. It doesn't cause me any irritation and it plays nice with my other skincare products.

I think its plumping my skin nicely, that my wrinkles have reduced, that its helping with moisture barrier protection while I'm using quite a few drying products in my skincare and protecting my skin from damage and dryness that could occur as a result of the use of retinols and chemical exfoliators.

on 7/10/2017 4:17:00 PM

I like this product but will only buy it on special offer as it doesn't last long. It is hydrating on skin but just wish it lasted longer as thought it was quite pricey for a small bottle. All in all I noticed my skin looked good when using it.

on 6/8/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have already repurchased this serum since I first used it in the winter. I echo others' comments that it is very effective for hydration and great value for money given the quality. It is the only skin care product I've ever used (and I have tried many new ones over the past couple of years) where I see an immediate improvement in my skin. My skin literally appears plumper and smoother seconds after I apply it. I have used the Buffet from the Ordinary as well as the Hyaluronic Acid from that line and liked both of those too but I feel this product is superior. So if you can afford the extra bucks it's worth it.

on 1/28/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I love this stuff so much. I'm 55, with fair, very dry skin that's prone to hyperpigmentation. No serum, lotion or potion I've every used has had such a positive effect on my skin as this product in particular (and a variety of other Deciem products in general). My face is so much more hydrated than it's ever been thanks to this stuff. Despite its dryness, my skin isn't overly lined for my age but this serum has definitely helped minimize what wrinkles I do have and had a very positive effect on the texture of my skin. My skin is much softer to the touch since I began using this and definitely has something of a glow that it didn't have before. I will unquestionably repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually didn't like the packaging of this product at all. It's so watery, and easy to waste given the dropper. Apparently this is the most effective way they could find for this treatment. I wasn't going to repurchase for this reason but as I am nearing the end of my first bottle I will actually miss it as it is so good at hydrating. I think he wateriness of it makes it feel like it's really plumping up the skin with moisture and I feel I probably will buy this again.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's been over a week of testing this product now, and I am very happy so far. I have highly sensitive combo skin, that has recently been through the mill with an allergic reaction.

I am using this product alongside the Hylamide Sensitivity Fix Booster, morning and night. I put 4 drops of the SubQ and 2 drops of the booster into the palm of one hand and then distribute over my face with the fingertips of my opposite hand.

It is an unscented, thin, slightly viscous liquid that absorbs quickly and sets up a little sticky on the skin. I usually follow with a spray of mineral water and my moisturizer. My skin feels incredibly comfortable and happy afterwards, and I haven't experienced irritation yet...I will report back if I do, because often the sensitivity develops over time for me.

I had tested the Sensitivity Fix on its own prior to adding the SubQ, so that I could evaluate which was doing what properly. The SubQ has had an incredible hydrating and plumping effect on my skin. Within about 5 days of use, I started doing a double take in the mirror each morning- my skin looked more even and felt bouncier. The fine lines around my eyes are plumped up and less visible. Huzzah!!

I am thrilled with my results so far. This morning I actually considered forgoing my moisturizer under my sunscreen because my skin is feeling nicely hydrated. I am actually looking a little too "dewy" under my foundation today. This never, ever happens for me! So please, please stupid, sensitive, reactive skin, do me a solid and let me keep using this, it is really good *#@$.