Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.5

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

on 5/24/2018 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product for anyone at any age. It hydrates, brightens and helps prevent and repair signs of aging. As I am now 26, this is very important to me. I apply a few drops in the evening and it sinks right in. I honestly have noticed a difference in my skin. I have very acne prone skin and this has not caused any breakouts. It's $38 so not crazy expensive, but you don't need much so it should last a long time. I purchased mine from well.ca. I will repurchase!

on 4/8/2018 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I just Love this product for my 61 years young skin. Such a hydrating treatment! I use after washing off what I have Primped with cream wise the night before. I will purchase again...

on 4/8/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several products from The Ordinary, NIOD, and Hylamide. I've definitely had my share of disappointments, but Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age is a star in the line.

Like many of Deciem's products, this is a water-based serum. Some of the offerings from The Ordinary have a viscous or tacky texture that can even ball up under makeup. But SubQ is light, clear, watery, hydrating, and not sticky at all. I reach for this every morning because it absorbs into the skin cleanly and doesn't interfere with makeup application.

This contains peptides, 5 hyaluronic compounds, an algae complex and a touch of copper. These ingredients nourish and support healthy skin.

It's cruelty free. Does not contain alcohol or oil. My skin can lean oily or dry depending on the climate and season. I can use this year-round. I have never broken out from this comfortable and weightless serum.

Hylamide's prices fall in the middle between luxury brand NIOD and budget brand The Ordinary. This costs $38 for 30 ml. However, I typically use only four or five drops per application. I've had the bottle for several months and I am only halfway through the bottle.

The glass dropper bottle has a simple clean look beside the basin, but it is not my favorite thing for travel. I prefer Drunk Elephant's packaging for the suitcase.

Would definitely buy again.

Ingredients as listed on Deciem's website, 4/8/18:

aqua (water), glycerin, hydrolyzed yeast extract, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, copper lysinate/prolinate, methylglucoside phosphate, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ahnfeltia concinna extract, saccharide isomerate, polyglucuronic acid, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, phospholipids, lecithin, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, ethoxydiglycol, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.

on 3/22/2018 8:33:00 AM

My 59 year-old skin loves this product! I have normal to dry skin, but recently my skin was way more on the dry side and I was even flaking around my mouth and nose areas. I tried many moisturizers and serums that did nothing but give temporary relief. Hylamide changed that within what seemed like less than 48 hours. The flaking disappeared and hasn't returned. I use it morning and night and my skin absorbs it right away. I'm left with quenched skin all day long.

on 3/14/2018 3:48:00 PM

This is a great hydrator, although i do need need half a pipe squirt. It truly moisturises,mixes well and does not flake or ball. Only thing is the price and the open type bottle exposing it to too much oxygen. For the price you can get cheaper but this is well formulated and very fine so I i do think its worth it. I would recommend.

on 2/14/2018 9:55:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! This is everything I wanted their copper isolate serum to be (see my review of that one. spoiler alert: I gave it 1 lippie) at a fraction of the cost. I have VERY sensitive acne-prone skin, so finding hydrating products that would work without wrecking havoc is a nightmare. This however is a godsend! I work in an office with very dry air, and my skin would always get tight and slightly irritated within an hour of my arrival to work. It would also get sort of crapey if you looked really close. This stuff saved it! My skin has never been smoother, and even in this awfully dry air it's plump and comfortable. Which is remarkable considering how thin and quickly absorbing this is. I use it during the day, and sometimes at bedtime if my skin is extra dry, as the first serum. It's just wonderful, I hope they never ever ever reformulate or discontinue it. The packaging is a bit annoying, but I suppose it makes sense given how runny the liquid is. Already repurchased with a backup bottle.

on 2/7/2018 8:35:00 PM

Definitely worth the price. Use this with MMHC and skin is smooth and glowing.

on 1/9/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this product for 2 reasons only: 1. I have tried many things from The Ordinary and wanted to see what the next step up is like. 2. It was on sale at CVS online where I would be getting it for $30, and that includes free shipping. A product that costs $38 an oz plus shipping and/or tax is too expensive for me, but I wanted try it once though so I would have something to compare, and this was the perfect time.

PROS: Doesn't really do anything "bad" for the skin and the texture is great. It is a thicker watery product which absorbs pretty quickly and isn't too tacky once it's dried. I have very little time in the morning to get ready and this was the perfect product to layer with... I can't use anything greasy or oily in nature because I don't have the time to wait for layers to dry, and my skin in general has products sit on top of it too.

CONS: I feel like you could go through it quickly given it's texture, but it's not too bad. Also, the packaging is too large and wasteful from an eco perspective.

OTHER: I did some more of my own research on this product aside from what Deciem says. The product is really aimed at promoting, supporting, and helping collagen of the skin. The Matrixyl used is a newer form and the Antarctic and Hawaiian Algae Complex also promote collagen.

I really think I'm not the kind of candidate for this product seeing as I was only 27 when I used it, though I did enjoy it and would return to it if it was a bit cheaper. It has 43% actives and also doubles as a hyaluronic acid serum too, so the price isn't terrible considering what you are getting. It was great in my routine with The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside too, as they are both lightweight. I'm giving it 3 stars.

on 12/19/2017 4:44:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product so I am giving it three lippies as it does seem to work but I cannot wear any concealer when I wear this in the morning. It does seem to temporarily give very good moisture to my skin (which has it's share of lines) and that helps me look fresher in the face. It works best in the morning BUT when I try to use concealer on my face, it settles into my pores and also won't blend with my skin. It is like this is a barrier. I can use this at night, and I will continue to do so, but I get the best, visible results when I use it in the morning. It is a great price, does not seem to break out my skin, and seems to do what is says but I am confounded by the issue I am having with the concealer.

on 10/31/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just for reference: i am 26 years old with dry skin that easily breaks out when i try new products. I had really high hopes that this product would work with my skin. I wanted to diminish the fine lines on my forehead.
It arrived in a nice packaging. They use the same bottle for the ordinary and hylamide.
The serum is transparent and quite thick.
I applied it on clean skin and it felt nice. Not too sticky. The skin soaked it up.
Sadly i developed bumps on my forehad and cheeks. So i stopped using it after just 2 days. I could not see any effects at that early point.
I use it on my neck and hands now or mix it into diy skinmasks. I wont waste it. I am sure this could work on others. My skin just woudnt accept it. So there goes another expensive product to my manicure routine.