Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.5

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

on 5/24/2018 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product for anyone at any age. It hydrates, brightens and helps prevent and repair signs of aging. As I am now 26, this is very important to me. I apply a few drops in the evening and it sinks right in. I honestly have noticed a difference in my skin. I have very acne prone skin and this has not caused any breakouts. It's $38 so not crazy expensive, but you don't need much so it should last a long time. I purchased mine from well.ca. I will repurchase!

on 4/8/2018 8:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I just Love this product for my 61 years young skin. Such a hydrating treatment! I use after washing off what I have Primped with cream wise the night before. I will purchase again...

on 4/8/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several products from The Ordinary, NIOD, and Hylamide. I've definitely had my share of disappointments, but Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age is a star in the line.

Like many of Deciem's products, this is a water-based serum. Some of the offerings from The Ordinary have a viscous or tacky texture that can even ball up under makeup. But SubQ is light, clear, watery, hydrating, and not sticky at all. I reach for this every morning because it absorbs into the skin cleanly and doesn't interfere with makeup application.

This contains peptides, 5 hyaluronic compounds, an algae complex and a touch of copper. These ingredients nourish and support healthy skin.

It's cruelty free. Does not contain alcohol or oil. My skin can lean oily or dry depending on the climate and season. I can use this year-round. I have never broken out from this comfortable and weightless serum.

Hylamide's prices fall in the middle between luxury brand NIOD and budget brand The Ordinary. This costs $38 for 30 ml. However, I typically use only four or five drops per application. I've had the bottle for several months and I am only halfway through the bottle.

The glass dropper bottle has a simple clean look beside the basin, but it is not my favorite thing for travel. I prefer Drunk Elephant's packaging for the suitcase.

Would definitely buy again.

Ingredients as listed on Deciem's website, 4/8/18:

aqua (water), glycerin, hydrolyzed yeast extract, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, copper lysinate/prolinate, methylglucoside phosphate, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ahnfeltia concinna extract, saccharide isomerate, polyglucuronic acid, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, phospholipids, lecithin, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, ethoxydiglycol, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.

on 3/22/2018 8:33:00 AM

My 59 year-old skin loves this product! I have normal to dry skin, but recently my skin was way more on the dry side and I was even flaking around my mouth and nose areas. I tried many moisturizers and serums that did nothing but give temporary relief. Hylamide changed that within what seemed like less than 48 hours. The flaking disappeared and hasn't returned. I use it morning and night and my skin absorbs it right away. I'm left with quenched skin all day long.

on 2/14/2018 9:55:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! This is everything I wanted their copper isolate serum to be (see my review of that one. spoiler alert: I gave it 1 lippie) at a fraction of the cost. I have VERY sensitive acne-prone skin, so finding hydrating products that would work without wrecking havoc is a nightmare. This however is a godsend! I work in an office with very dry air, and my skin would always get tight and slightly irritated within an hour of my arrival to work. It would also get sort of crapey if you looked really close. This stuff saved it! My skin has never been smoother, and even in this awfully dry air it's plump and comfortable. Which is remarkable considering how thin and quickly absorbing this is. I use it during the day, and sometimes at bedtime if my skin is extra dry, as the first serum. It's just wonderful, I hope they never ever ever reformulate or discontinue it. The packaging is a bit annoying, but I suppose it makes sense given how runny the liquid is. Already repurchased with a backup bottle.

on 2/7/2018 8:35:00 PM

Definitely worth the price. Use this with MMHC and skin is smooth and glowing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm 70, and almost didn't buy this product because of expense and, seriously, what could it do at this point in my life? My skin's pretty good: I have been using cosrx snail, retinol, vitamin c, etc
There was an immediate improvement: even smoother, lines blurred. I use it at night because my old skin is getting thinner/more sensitive. But my skin looks great! If it does this for me, well .... it's worth a shot. It is pricey, but I feel like I'm using less of the other serums. Highly recommend.

on 9/23/2017 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Highly moisturizing, non-clogging and travel friendly. This saved my skin during a trip to Greece. I love swimming in the sea, but my face gets so dry! I applied this product with a light moisturizer on top and my face felt so hydrated. The hydration lasted all day. So instead of applying a heavy cream, which in the summer clogs my pores, I will just apply this serum and a light moisturizer.

on 8/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

i love this stuff. I use it as a serum in my night routine and i'm enjoying it. I use it after cleansing, toning and before my actives, it adds moisture to my skin in preparation for the actives (overnight peels, vitamin c or retinol) and its fine. What can i say, its part of a night time routine for aging sundamaged dry skin and its working well. It doesn't cause me any irritation and it plays nice with my other skincare products.

I think its plumping my skin nicely, that my wrinkles have reduced, that its helping with moisture barrier protection while I'm using quite a few drying products in my skincare and protecting my skin from damage and dryness that could occur as a result of the use of retinols and chemical exfoliators.

on 6/8/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have already repurchased this serum since I first used it in the winter. I echo others' comments that it is very effective for hydration and great value for money given the quality. It is the only skin care product I've ever used (and I have tried many new ones over the past couple of years) where I see an immediate improvement in my skin. My skin literally appears plumper and smoother seconds after I apply it. I have used the Buffet from the Ordinary as well as the Hyaluronic Acid from that line and liked both of those too but I feel this product is superior. So if you can afford the extra bucks it's worth it.