Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.4

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Another Hylamide that did NOTHING for me (except make my skin weirdly ruddy in the cheek area). I am sorry, but this company is just pumping out product, and mass marketing to make $$$ and not actually help the skin. (plus I researched and realized many ingredients are toxic!). Will not buy again.

on 1/9/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this product for 2 reasons only: 1. I have tried many things from The Ordinary and wanted to see what the next step up is like. 2. It was on sale at CVS online where I would be getting it for $30, and that includes free shipping. A product that costs $38 an oz plus shipping and/or tax is too expensive for me, but I wanted try it once though so I would have something to compare, and this was the perfect time.

PROS: Doesn't really do anything "bad" for the skin and the texture is great. It is a thicker watery product which absorbs pretty quickly and isn't too tacky once it's dried. I have very little time in the morning to get ready and this was the perfect product to layer with... I can't use anything greasy or oily in nature because I don't have the time to wait for layers to dry, and my skin in general has products sit on top of it too.

CONS: I feel like you could go through it quickly given it's texture, but it's not too bad. Also, the packaging is too large and wasteful from an eco perspective.

OTHER: I did some more of my own research on this product aside from what Deciem says. The product is really aimed at promoting, supporting, and helping collagen of the skin. The Matrixyl used is a newer form and the Antarctic and Hawaiian Algae Complex also promote collagen.

I really think I'm not the kind of candidate for this product seeing as I was only 27 when I used it, though I did enjoy it and would return to it if it was a bit cheaper. It has 43% actives and also doubles as a hyaluronic acid serum too, so the price isn't terrible considering what you are getting. It was great in my routine with The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside too, as they are both lightweight. I'm giving it 3 stars.

on 12/19/2017 4:44:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product so I am giving it three lippies as it does seem to work but I cannot wear any concealer when I wear this in the morning. It does seem to temporarily give very good moisture to my skin (which has it's share of lines) and that helps me look fresher in the face. It works best in the morning BUT when I try to use concealer on my face, it settles into my pores and also won't blend with my skin. It is like this is a barrier. I can use this at night, and I will continue to do so, but I get the best, visible results when I use it in the morning. It is a great price, does not seem to break out my skin, and seems to do what is says but I am confounded by the issue I am having with the concealer.

on 10/31/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just for reference: i am 26 years old with dry skin that easily breaks out when i try new products. I had really high hopes that this product would work with my skin. I wanted to diminish the fine lines on my forehead.
It arrived in a nice packaging. They use the same bottle for the ordinary and hylamide.
The serum is transparent and quite thick.
I applied it on clean skin and it felt nice. Not too sticky. The skin soaked it up.
Sadly i developed bumps on my forehad and cheeks. So i stopped using it after just 2 days. I could not see any effects at that early point.
I use it on my neck and hands now or mix it into diy skinmasks. I wont waste it. I am sure this could work on others. My skin just woudnt accept it. So there goes another expensive product to my manicure routine.

on 7/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

I am in my early 30's and was looking for a good anti-aging serum to add to my simple skincare routine. I really liked the transparency of ingredients and simple packing from Deciem.

After using it for 4 weeks, I was not sure that it was doing anything for my skin. I am glad I tried it though and they have an excellent return policy so I was able to get a full refund after using up half the bottle. Their customer service was also very good so I'm sad to be giving this product a low rating but it just did nothing for my skin that I could feel or see.

The serum does absorb quickly and leaves no sticky residue or shine on my combo skin.

on 7/10/2017 4:17:00 PM

I like this product but will only buy it on special offer as it doesn't last long. It is hydrating on skin but just wish it lasted longer as thought it was quite pricey for a small bottle. All in all I noticed my skin looked good when using it.

on 1/2/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is yet another Hylamide product I wish I could have loved. Its ingredient profile is top notch, it is accessible (I got mine at CVS), affordable, fragrance-free, and has decent (but not super) packaging. SubQ contains several types of Hyaluronic Acid, which I typically have great luck with. The HA content is a great moisture boost for dehydrated skin, especially if applied under an occlusive layer. Unfortunately, the HA used in this product is terribly irritating to my skin--I experienced irritation similar to the Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster, which contains some of the same ingredients. Needless to say, if something is irritating, it almost doesn't matter how great the skin-repairing and anti-aging properties are since the product is unusable. I will meter it out by diluting with other products, but will not purchase SubQ again.

on 3/31/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for about two weeks. It's a very watery serum that does leave a slight film on the skin. I usually use it after toner and essence, before other boosters and then I put on a cream or oil at the end which makes the film not an issue. I have sensitive skin and rosacea and it has not irritated me at all. It really does hydrate the skin, and brighten it. I would say it does not smooth or plump the skin. I haven't had any issues with dryness (I used to get dry patches around my mouth and chin area) since using it. I think it's really reasonably priced for being such high quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually didn't like the packaging of this product at all. It's so watery, and easy to waste given the dropper. Apparently this is the most effective way they could find for this treatment. I wasn't going to repurchase for this reason but as I am nearing the end of my first bottle I will actually miss it as it is so good at hydrating. I think he wateriness of it makes it feel like it's really plumping up the skin with moisture and I feel I probably will buy this again.

on 11/23/2016 8:51:00 PM

I'm 40, dehydrated skin--though oily in tzone, some congested pores on forehead and nose, some mild redness/spider veins on cheeks, some redness around corner of mouth, visible pores on cheeks (but more dry). My routine was cleanser, light toner, bha2%, hydration serum, rosehip oil, eye cream, SPF moisturizer, skin looked good but the visible pores on cheeks and forehead needed help. I don't have wrinkles but there are some fine lines starting to show around eyes.

I purchased this after reading some great reviews and though it's only been 3 weeks it's already made a difference in my overall skin appearance. I stopped my normal routine and am only using this after cleansing then moisturizer as I wanted to make sure nothing else I was using would cause compatibility issues. The most notable difference is in my cheeks, while I still have some redness the pores are much less noticeable, skin is plumper and more hydrated. The area around my mouth is less red as well. Unfortunately the pores on my forehead seem to still be congested and visible and I've noticed my nose seems oiler so I'm going to add back in my bha.

Since I'm not sure if the serum or my SPF is causing the extra congestion/oiliness I'm giving this 4 lipsticks. I will update review as I've recently purchased the facial cleanser, sensitive skin booster, sub q eyes and moisturizer/ha so I'll wait to see if that produces even better results.