Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.4

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

on 1/9/2018 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this product for 2 reasons only: 1. I have tried many things from The Ordinary and wanted to see what the next step up is like. 2. It was on sale at CVS online where I would be getting it for $30, and that includes free shipping. A product that costs $38 an oz plus shipping and/or tax is too expensive for me, but I wanted try it once though so I would have something to compare, and this was the perfect time.

PROS: Doesn't really do anything "bad" for the skin and the texture is great. It is a thicker watery product which absorbs pretty quickly and isn't too tacky once it's dried. I have very little time in the morning to get ready and this was the perfect product to layer with... I can't use anything greasy or oily in nature because I don't have the time to wait for layers to dry, and my skin in general has products sit on top of it too.

CONS: I feel like you could go through it quickly given it's texture, but it's not too bad. Also, the packaging is too large and wasteful from an eco perspective.

OTHER: I did some more of my own research on this product aside from what Deciem says. The product is really aimed at promoting, supporting, and helping collagen of the skin. The Matrixyl used is a newer form and the Antarctic and Hawaiian Algae Complex also promote collagen.

I really think I'm not the kind of candidate for this product seeing as I was only 27 when I used it, though I did enjoy it and would return to it if it was a bit cheaper. It has 43% actives and also doubles as a hyaluronic acid serum too, so the price isn't terrible considering what you are getting. It was great in my routine with The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside too, as they are both lightweight. I'm giving it 3 stars.

on 12/19/2017 4:44:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product so I am giving it three lippies as it does seem to work but I cannot wear any concealer when I wear this in the morning. It does seem to temporarily give very good moisture to my skin (which has it's share of lines) and that helps me look fresher in the face. It works best in the morning BUT when I try to use concealer on my face, it settles into my pores and also won't blend with my skin. It is like this is a barrier. I can use this at night, and I will continue to do so, but I get the best, visible results when I use it in the morning. It is a great price, does not seem to break out my skin, and seems to do what is says but I am confounded by the issue I am having with the concealer.

on 10/31/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just for reference: i am 26 years old with dry skin that easily breaks out when i try new products. I had really high hopes that this product would work with my skin. I wanted to diminish the fine lines on my forehead.
It arrived in a nice packaging. They use the same bottle for the ordinary and hylamide.
The serum is transparent and quite thick.
I applied it on clean skin and it felt nice. Not too sticky. The skin soaked it up.
Sadly i developed bumps on my forehad and cheeks. So i stopped using it after just 2 days. I could not see any effects at that early point.
I use it on my neck and hands now or mix it into diy skinmasks. I wont waste it. I am sure this could work on others. My skin just woudnt accept it. So there goes another expensive product to my manicure routine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm 70, and almost didn't buy this product because of expense and, seriously, what could it do at this point in my life? My skin's pretty good: I have been using cosrx snail, retinol, vitamin c, etc
There was an immediate improvement: even smoother, lines blurred. I use it at night because my old skin is getting thinner/more sensitive. But my skin looks great! If it does this for me, well .... it's worth a shot. It is pricey, but I feel like I'm using less of the other serums. Highly recommend.

on 9/23/2017 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Highly moisturizing, non-clogging and travel friendly. This saved my skin during a trip to Greece. I love swimming in the sea, but my face gets so dry! I applied this product with a light moisturizer on top and my face felt so hydrated. The hydration lasted all day. So instead of applying a heavy cream, which in the summer clogs my pores, I will just apply this serum and a light moisturizer.

on 8/14/2017 8:17:00 AM

i love this stuff. I use it as a serum in my night routine and i'm enjoying it. I use it after cleansing, toning and before my actives, it adds moisture to my skin in preparation for the actives (overnight peels, vitamin c or retinol) and its fine. What can i say, its part of a night time routine for aging sundamaged dry skin and its working well. It doesn't cause me any irritation and it plays nice with my other skincare products.

I think its plumping my skin nicely, that my wrinkles have reduced, that its helping with moisture barrier protection while I'm using quite a few drying products in my skincare and protecting my skin from damage and dryness that could occur as a result of the use of retinols and chemical exfoliators.

on 7/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

I am in my early 30's and was looking for a good anti-aging serum to add to my simple skincare routine. I really liked the transparency of ingredients and simple packing from Deciem.

After using it for 4 weeks, I was not sure that it was doing anything for my skin. I am glad I tried it though and they have an excellent return policy so I was able to get a full refund after using up half the bottle. Their customer service was also very good so I'm sad to be giving this product a low rating but it just did nothing for my skin that I could feel or see.

The serum does absorb quickly and leaves no sticky residue or shine on my combo skin.

on 7/10/2017 4:17:00 PM

I like this product but will only buy it on special offer as it doesn't last long. It is hydrating on skin but just wish it lasted longer as thought it was quite pricey for a small bottle. All in all I noticed my skin looked good when using it.

on 6/8/2017 8:24:00 PM

I have already repurchased this serum since I first used it in the winter. I echo others' comments that it is very effective for hydration and great value for money given the quality. It is the only skin care product I've ever used (and I have tried many new ones over the past couple of years) where I see an immediate improvement in my skin. My skin literally appears plumper and smoother seconds after I apply it. I have used the Buffet from the Ordinary as well as the Hyaluronic Acid from that line and liked both of those too but I feel this product is superior. So if you can afford the extra bucks it's worth it.

I am at the end of my second bottle so I feel I can give a fair review. I am just shy of 40 and have skin that looks younger but definitely behaves as if it is older. It's dehydrated and oily in the t-zone with some visible pores and is prone to fine lines at the first sign of dehydration. This serum works well for me. It is very watery and I find that I go through a bottle quicker than other more gel like serums I tried, however the price point is low especially when you shop outside of Deciem (mainly sales at CVS and sometimes Amazon though currently they jacked up the price). It is not hydrating enough on its own for me so I have to follow with a moisturizer. My skin looks so much firmer since using this product, especially around the eye area and the space between my brows. I am just over the two month mark and am just starting to see more firmness around the mouth and jaw. My skin looks smoother overall and foundation just seems to sit better on it. And the overall tone is more even. I still have some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation around the cheeks and chin area but I could comfortably go without foundation (I just choose not to). I use this in conjunction with retinoids, niacinimide, and rosehip oil and the combination works well to keep my skin looking young.