shu uemura Lightbulb Glowing Face Powder

1 review

Shu's website describes this product as: "Provides a lasting soft-lit glow and extends the wear of foundation for 3 hours. This colorless loose face powder contains natural translucent powders that immediately adds a soft and warm-lit glow to your skin, delivering an impeccable natural finish on the skin." and costs $45+tax in Canada.

I have to say most of the product description is true and I really love this product. I have found myself reaching for it almost daily since I added it to my collection. This loose powder is really translucent and does really add a soft and warm-lit glow to my skin. If you look closely at the product, you will see a tiny bit of very finely milled shimmer. It is very fine and not glittery or sparkly at all like some glowly loose powders can be (eg. BE or LM), this one is just subtly glowy. I like using this loose powder to set my liquid foundation, it seems to give me a luminous airbrushed effect. It comes in a standard plastic loose powder tub, clear base with black lid, it has a mesh sieve and a nice puff. It also has no noticeable fragrance.

The part of the product description which was not true for me was I did not notice this product extending the wear of my makeup for 3 hours. A tiny bit maybe but not 3 hours (but I have combo skin). This loose powder also didn't seem to control oil for me (keeping in mind it didn't claim to) but at least it didn't make my oilies any worse either.

Regardless, I really like this loose powder a lot and would definitely repurchase again if I ran out.