The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil

The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil
Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil

4.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Occlusive), Camelina Sativa Seed Oil (Emollient), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Nigella Sativa Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate (Antioxidant), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Leaf ) Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Origanum Majorana Leaf Oil (Refreshing Agent), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil (Natural Additive), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Oil/Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Fragrance Ingredient).

on 9/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I bought this to hydrate my skin in dry winter times when nothing seems to work. I was a bit skeptical at first but this oil does really works. I use it before sleep in cleaned face and I usually wake up with a plump skin without looking shiny.

on 8/15/2018 3:39:00 PM

I got this as part of a set-- it came with a small jar of the Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Cream. I've used it a few times. It doesn't seem to do much, to be totally honest. My skincare regimen already involves 7-8 different products, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed a difference with this oil.

You're only supposed to use two drops of it at a time. It absorbs quickly and smells nice. As someone with oily/ combination skin, I'm wary of intentionally rubbing more oil onto my face, but it doesn't seem to break me out or make anything worse.

If I get this again, it will only be because the set with the cream is cheaper than buying a jar of the cream by itself.

on 8/3/2018 7:06:00 AM

I really really like this product. It´s a buttery smooth oil with a light pleasant scent. I use this after my serum, and before I put on night cream, although on warmer summer days when I´m not feeling putting on a heavy cream, I just use this oil and my eye cream and call it a night!

The feel of the oil is very luxurious. I´m shiny with oil for about 5 minutes before it soaks in. It instantly moisturizes and brightens my face, and I feel fresh and my skin feels plumped. It´s light enough that it doesn´t make your face feel oily, and sinks in without leaving any residue.

I use signifcantly more than the bottle recommends (they say 1-2 drops, I use 3 squirts of the stopper on my cheeks and forehead) for the past 3 months, and I still haven´t made a dent. This is going to last for a while. The price is a bit higher than the majority of the Body Shop products, but I got it when there was a slight discount and I used my points of my fidelity card, so I think I only paid 19€ for it. Good deal, will definitely buy again once this stuff runs out in 2022!

on 5/6/2018 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this at TJMaxx so I didn’t pay the full price for it. My skin does very well with oil. I use this all over including on my eyelids and under eyes at nights. It is a great product and you can see the great results even on the following day. Due to the oily nature of this product, it is better that is not used under makeup as it lifts and removes anything on top.

I worked for The Body Shop when this launched and I have absolutely loved it since then. I no longer work there, but my love for this amazing oil has stayed. This never fails to hydrate my skin and give me a healthy glow. The ingredients really are at full effect here and you genuinely notice a difference in your skin. My only cons would be the price and the packaging. The price is understandable, as the oils sourced are done ethically and with fair trade. But regardless, it is still a high price for some. The pipette glass bottle is cute, but ultimately it just eventually means the label will fall off about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way through the bottle *sigh*. Not to mention, it means it's not air right. BUT OTHER THAN THAT, I absolutely love this product. Would highly recommend, if your budget allows it..

on 6/6/2017 4:44:00 PM

I have been using this face oil for quite a few months now and I love it. I apply it every night after washing my face along with the Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Essence Lotion and I wake up with really smooth and hydrated skin. I realized that after using the product for about a week my skin had this healthy glow.

I have sensitive skin and easily get clogged pores, however, this product has worked really well for me. It is really light on the skin and easily absorbed.

The packaging is great. I will definitely keep on using this product as part of my skin care routine.

on 3/28/2017 9:01:00 AM

Its a nice change to use oil which is not heavy but feels soft on the skin and my skin feels moist and lovely especially chin area and jaw. I like it very much. Other oils make me break out and feel too heavy. The smell is heavenly and feels luxyrious on the skin. I use 50 spf moisturiser of the same brand and its awssom too.

on 3/23/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this on Amazon as a gift set with the matching facial lotion. I have very fair, sensitive skin. My chin is very red and dry. Sometimes my skin breaks out in little hives, which eventually turn into raised red marks lasting a few days :( I drag the dropper across my cheeks (equivalent to about 3 drops/cheek) and rub/pat in the oil. I have not had a single spot since I began using this a few months ago. The smell is bearable and not an issue at all. The oil absorbs quickly and my skin feels AMAZING even in the morning. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 12/14/2016 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first review on Makeup Alley, which goes to show how amazing and inspiring this product is.

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil, despite the high price. Admittedly, as a frugal shopper, I managed to purchase the oil at a great discount each time. Otherwise I might have abstained if I had to pay the full price ($44 CAD + 15% Quebec taxes).
But on to the virtues of the oil!

First of all, the oil feels silky on the fingers, and it smells truly lovely, like something out of an aromatherapy line. Starting with the packaging throughout the entire experience with the oil, I've had the feeling that it's a luxurious deeply nourishing natural product. I must add that each time I use the oil with sheer delight.

Following a quick face rinse in the morning, or a thorough cleansing in the evening, this oil is the first thing I put all over my entire face, eyelids included (yes, I'm able to, despite the scent), and my neck as well. The instruction says to apply just a few drops, but for all the area that I need to apply the oil on, I use more than that.
Next, after about 10 minutes, when the oil sinks in, I apply either some Kiehl's Rosa Arctica face cream to seal it, or the Oils of Life™ Intensely Revitalising Cream, also from the Body Shop, for more luxurious moisture.

Let me tell you, my paper-thin sensitive skin that is now showing some fine wrinkles seems to love it. The whole regimen results in a deeply moisturized comfy skin that feels just right, even in the harsh dry indoor conditions and the cold weather of Montreal's winter. And I think the whole moisture diminishes the look of fine lines too.

Have I mentioned that I just LOVE using the oil? The smell, the texture, the sense of self-pampering you get with it, all do more good than just simple skin maintenance.

I highly recommend the product. But just in case you may be sensitive to the scent, you may want to get a sample from the store first.

I've tried a face oil from L'Oreal recently - that is good, but nowhere near THIS good. Light in texture and quickly absorbed by skin, the L'Oreal oil is OK, but it misses the tactile and olfactory experience that I've found so rich with the Body Shop oil.

Oh, as a tip, you don't have to pay full price on the Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil - I purchased a gift set with other products in this line during the 40% off all gifts for the Body Shop Love Your Body members promo (December 2016).
Individually, the products from this line have not been available at promo prices yet.

Stay beautiful, y'all!