4.4

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

14 days ago

I thought I loved this because it smells so nice and feels good on but I didn’t realize it was breaking me out horribly for nearly a year. I stopped using it and my skin got better instantly. I have since found an oil for sensitive skin that feels just as nice and doesn’t break me out. so if you have been breaking out and can’t figure out why, maybe try to stop using this oil and see if it improves

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

I'm a big fan of facial oils and I love how this one has a good balance, some 'dry' oils, some rich, some (Jojoba to be specific) that are good at helping to mimic the skins' own sebum, what you get is an all-rounder that can suit most skin types apart from perhaps very sensitive as it contains a moderate amount of perfume and some potent essential oils in it too, albeit at small concentrations. I apply 2-3 drops on a night time, after cleansing/toning and for me this is enough hydration for my skin type, I don't find myself reaching for a night cream. On a morning I find it too heavy to do this so I add about 1 drop to whichever moisturizer I happen to be using and I don't get any of that 'shine'. I've been using this for over 2 weeks now and I'm definitely liking the 'glow' it's giving my skin - there's a definite improvement in radiance and a bit of plumpness too. I can't say I've noticed any anti-aging effect but a) 2 weeks is not enough time to see that and b) from an ingredients perspective the only real anti-aging ingredient in here (due to its Vitamin A content) is Rosehip oil which is 5th down the list in ratio. In other words I'm not exactly holding my breath here, regardless of how long I use it! The biggest star quality about this product for me has to be the quantity...you get double what almost all face serums/oils come as, so for value for money this is actually very very good! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 months ago

This oil works so well for moisturizing during the winter! I use 3-4 drops on my face in the evening. It’s the first facial oil I’ve tried except for pure Argan oil so I don’t have much to compare it too, but I love this product and will buy again. It lasts a long time, so even though it’s expensive for me it’s worth it. Tip: use the body shop fresh rose plumping mask and then this, your skin will be soo smooth!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

8 months ago

I bought this oil in order to expand my skincare routine and help with my combination skin. This is perfect for super sensitive skin, however I felt it was a little too gentle for mine. It helped with the dry patches and a little goes a long way. Although I wouldn’t buy again for my skin, I do recommend it for those with dry and more gentle skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

10 months ago

This is part of my holygrail which I will continue to purchase for as long as if doesnt give my skin a bad reaction. Its alreadh my fourth bottle and I dont buy the normal size, I buy the extra large so I can save a couple bucks. A lot of people dont recommend this if you have normal to oiky skin. I have to kindly disagree because that is exactly my skin type and it is working very well for me. Its hilarious because even the sales person at the body shop didnt recommend this oil for me and recommend everything else becuase she thought its not suitable for my age and my skin. I am 25 years old so she said to me it was more for old people. My skincare routine is fairly simple. After washing my face morning and night, I first use 3-4 drops of BS droos of youth. When its fully absorbed, I then use 3-4 drops of oils of life. This oil replace my moisturiser as I find it way more hydrating. It does make your face a bit oily but at night I dont really mind it its not that bad. And in the morning, I wear foundation after and it gives my skin a glowy base. If you dont plan to use makeup then maybe its not so great if you dont like that slight sheen look.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I received the Oils of Life to sample from the Body Shop and decided to use it for a couple of weeks before writing a review so that I could do it justice. Given the amount of product used during this time, if a person were to use it morning and night it could last 3 months. In terms of enhancing the skin, the product seemed to bring added radiance and its scent made use of it a relaxing process. The only setback I encountered with this product was that I am not sure it was the perfect fit for my blemish-prone skin; I will revert to using the seaweed range by the body shop which suits very well. If your skin isn't too oily or is normal to dry, then I would definitely recommend this product. It would also make a lovely gift as it comes in a pretty little ombré bottle.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairSilver

EyesHazel

a year ago

Got a few samples from the body shop. I feel great when I put the oil begore hitting the bed. But since I have a habit of covering my head with a tiny pillow, I have no idea how it works. But yes doesnt matter how less it gets to work, I find my face smooth, plumpy & healthy in the morning. The smell is very soothing that puts you to sleep easily bcoz it has rosehip oil. Only the price is a bit on the higher side. I loved it & once my samples are over. I'm gonna purchase again.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I bought this to hydrate my skin in dry winter times when nothing seems to work. I was a bit skeptical at first but this oil does really works. I use it before sleep in cleaned face and I usually wake up with a plump skin without looking shiny.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I got this as part of a set-- it came with a small jar of the Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Cream. I've used it a few times. It doesn't seem to do much, to be totally honest. My skincare regimen already involves 7-8 different products, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed a difference with this oil. You're only supposed to use two drops of it at a time. It absorbs quickly and smells nice. As someone with oily/ combination skin, I'm wary of intentionally rubbing more oil onto my face, but it doesn't seem to break me out or make anything worse. If I get this again, it will only be because the set with the cream is cheaper than buying a jar of the cream by itself.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I really really like this product. It´s a buttery smooth oil with a light pleasant scent. I use this after my serum, and before I put on night cream, although on warmer summer days when I´m not feeling putting on a heavy cream, I just use this oil and my eye cream and call it a night! The feel of the oil is very luxurious. I´m shiny with oil for about 5 minutes before it soaks in. It instantly moisturizes and brightens my face, and I feel fresh and my skin feels plumped. It´s light enough that it doesn´t make your face feel oily, and sinks in without leaving any residue. I use signifcantly more than the bottle recommends (they say 1-2 drops, I use 3 squirts of the stopper on my cheeks and forehead) for the past 3 months, and I still haven´t made a dent. This is going to last for a while. The price is a bit higher than the majority of the Body Shop products, but I got it when there was a slight discount and I used my points of my fidelity card, so I think I only paid 19€ for it. Good deal, will definitely buy again once this stuff runs out in 2022!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm