I'm a big fan of facial oils and I love how this one has a good balance, some 'dry' oils, some rich, some (Jojoba to be specific) that are good at helping to mimic the skins' own sebum, what you get is an all-rounder that can suit most skin types apart from perhaps very sensitive as it contains a moderate amount of perfume and some potent essential oils in it too, albeit at small concentrations. I apply 2-3 drops on a night time, after cleansing/toning and for me this is enough hydration for my skin type, I don't find myself reaching for a night cream. On a morning I find it too heavy to do this so I add about 1 drop to whichever moisturizer I happen to be using and I don't get any of that 'shine'.
I've been using this for over 2 weeks now and I'm definitely liking the 'glow' it's giving my skin - there's a definite improvement in radiance and a bit of plumpness too. I can't say I've noticed any anti-aging effect but a) 2 weeks is not enough time to see that and b) from an ingredients perspective the only real anti-aging ingredient in here (due to its Vitamin A content) is Rosehip oil which is 5th down the list in ratio. In other words I'm not exactly holding my breath here, regardless of how long I use it! The biggest star quality about this product for me has to be the quantity...you get double what almost all face serums/oils come as, so for value for money this is actually very very good!
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment