Kiehl's Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence

No Image

4.8

on 12/27/2017 10:07:00 AM

I tried lots of Kiehl's products in the past year. Some were so-so, others great. I ordered a full-sized bottle of this essence despite knowing little about it. It is really a wonderful product and I definitely notice a difference if I stop using it. I am 50, with hormonal acne combined with dry skin that has uneven tone. I apply 3-4 drops of this product by pressing in with fingertips after washing and toning with witch hazel. Afterward I use the Kiehls day serum and dab ultra facial moisturizer on my dry spots. I feel this iris essence makes my skin smooth, soft and hydrated. I have been using it once daily for 11 months and I still have half a bottle. Cost is expensive, but worth it to me for an amazing product. Also no irritation, dryness or breakouts whatsoever.

on 8/31/2017 11:31:00 PM

This is probably my favourite essence. Partially because I love the smell :) . Its quite fragrant, so keep that in mind if fragrance bothers you. It claims to contain anti aging ingredients; I'm sure they aren't doing me any harm, but I cant honestly say I look any younger :) But, what it does do for my face, that I can visibly see, I really like. It hydrates and "preps" my face. I have the odd dry patch (mature, dryer skin) that crops up from time to time on my forehead and the minute I apply this is goes away. I use this daily, as an essence, pre serums, or as a moisturizer, post masking. Its quite watery, a few drops in your hand, pat on your face (rub in if you like) and it dries down in a few minutes. I do feel like my skin absorbs serums better following this (or another hydrating accelerator I also love). Its become a required step in my routine. The packaging is nice, large plastic bottle, small opening that dispenses a few drops as needed. A little goes a long way, I'm still not through one bottle and I've been using it for months. Overall, I think for the price, its very cost effective, compared to some of the very pricey essences on the market. I say I cant see the anti aging benefits but I do see that my skin looks "smoother" overall, whether that's attributable to this one item is unknown, but I do think this helps. And if not....well I just like the feel and smell of it :)

on 5/6/2017 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love. Never thought that such a 'running' product could make a difference. But it does!!
After a couple of weeks of applying, I can truly see the difference. Especially more radiance/less redness! I have issues with 'redness' and I must say that with a combination of the Iris extract and the Chanel solutions 10, I almost forget to put on my foundation. This means that the redness is gone! True 5 star!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Honestly didn't quite see much difference whilst using this product. I have used better essence that gives a visible result. It is supposed to 'improve appearance of fine lines, dullness, and rough texture over time'. Maybe it would work for u if you are specifically looking for an anti aging product. However, did not give me any breakouts or skin problems, the texture of the essence is pretty interesting and great to apply . The smell is alright as well. Would not repurchase it currently but would still recommend for new consumers to give it a try

on 12/14/2016 10:57:00 PM

I use this after cleansing and toning and before moisturizer. Makes my skin so radiant!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I live in an extremely hot and dry climate and I am constantly battling with dry patches on my T zone. The product absorbs quickly and leaves my face feeling soft. Dry patches completely gone. I went away for work for a few days and forgot to pack it and I could notice the difference. I let it dry for a minute then apply serum/moisturizer. My skin can be a little on the sensitive side. I have applied it after using scrubs and no stinging at all. It isn't cheap, but I have had it a month and have barely put a dent in it. I keep meaning to transfer it to a spray bottle which would make it last even longer.

This product helps my skin to become smoother and looks radiant. Worth the price.

on 12/4/2015 3:43:00 PM

I didn't think much of this product when I was given a generous sample of it but I am now hooked. I thought it was a toner but it really is a "treatment essence" (same vein as the infamous SKII Facial Treatment Essence). The product claims to work on fine lines, dullness and rough texture (activate radiance), and to prime skin by preparing it to receive the skincare regimen that follows. I believe it does what it claims.

The texture is silky and a bit viscous - somewhere between water and gel texture. 3-4 shakes is enough for the full face. You gently apply and rub it into your skin and it takes a few seconds to absorb. I apply it after toner, and before moisturizer/serum. I noticed that my scars heal faster, my skin is clearer, more moisturized (got rid of dry patches), more plump and brighter. I started seeing results within a week! There is a slight floral scent which I find rather relaxing and pampering. It does not clog pores.

I feel like this product does enhance my skincare routine. I was about 85% satisfied with my skin before I started using this. I felt like I needed an extra boost through a serum or something and this essence has filled that gap. I'm about 95% happy with my skin now (I'm just missing an eye cream) I highly recommend you give this a try.