The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation

The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
Fresh Nude FoundationFresh Nude Foundation

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Diheptyl Succinate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Octocrylene (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (Emulsifying Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Silica (Absorbent), Cetyl Dimethicone (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Hydrogenated Polydecene (Skin Conditioning Agent), Magnesium Sulfate (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Disteardimonium Hectorite (Stabiliser), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ammonium C6-16 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate (Surfactant - Emulsifying Agent), Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer (Film Former), Ethylhexylglycerin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Chelating Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder (Skin Conditioning Agent - Humectant), p-Anisic Acid (pH Adjuster), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Rosa Alba Flower Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), BHT (Antioxidant), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative). [ /- CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77499/Iron Oxides (Colour)].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation. Have very very dry skin and this makes my skin look glowing and healthy! It can wear off throughout the day as with most foundations but I'm sure a setting powder/spray could help with it. Probably the best foundation I've tried for my skin type. Looks best applied with a damp sponge! Highly recommend for those with dry skin.

on 9/13/2017 3:23:00 PM

I am in the midst of looking for a new foundation because the estee lauder double wear light is a bit drying as weather gets cooler....i came across this foundation with very good reviews from here...but i gotta say i'm not crazy about it.....first of all i'm quite turn off from the fragrance...it's a powdery kinda smell which bothers me and you can definately smell it for a bit for the first hour after applying it....second, it feels very heavy on the skin despite the low coverage....right after i applied it i can totally feel something is on my face. And my face stays sticky and comes off quite quickly on my oily t-zone......!! I have wore it for two days but i do not think i will use it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am really impressed with this one! I got mine in the shade 050 Sicily Amber, and I love how it is almost really an exact match to my skin tone. I'm also an NC35 on MAC. I'm always concerned about how dull some foundations can make my skin, afraid it'll grey out my face or appear cakey, but this foundation does none of that nasty things. In fact, it gives my face a very natural look and a pink undertone. And I am really anal about foundations not looking too light on my face, so this was really perfect, really caught me off guard. It's also really light on my skin - it's like a second skin, smells wonderful, easy to apply and gives me a rather dewy finish so I feel my face GLOWWWWWWW. I use either a beauty blender or Sigma's buffing brush, both are fine babies to use really. I don't see the need to set it, but I still do, because I have combination skin - dry at my cheeks and often oily at the tzone so I only set on the areas I expect to get really oily later on in the day.

But overall, I love this so much, I hope they continue this line forever and I think for the price (cheaper than Colorstay!!! And L'Oréal true match!!!!) it's really worth it. I love that it has helped me in making foundation application so easy. 5 stars!!!!

on 7/23/2017 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had a generous sample and have tested under various conditions which were the office, walking in the new forest, shopping, on a night out, travelling, rain and wind.
It held up well under all conditions even had others ask what I was wearing. The two factors to take into consideration are I powdered down the middle of my face (lightly)
I tried the body shop CC underneath.
With all combinations including without any additional support it was great.
The heat did not make it slide off my face.
The wind and rain did not make it wash off and go streaky.
The walking didn't interfere with the result.
Impressed and I use high end stuff as a preference ; this had to impress or I won't entertain it.
I felt confident after the first few tests that although cheaper than many competitors it does compete with the best. It also would in a blind test do really well.
I have now been convinced to give the body shop another go after what seems like a life time away. Well done You!!!!!

on 7/17/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have wanted to try this foundation for a while after hearing some good reviews about it. After the foundation I was using a went a got colour matched. I have the shade Bora Bora. I have had it now for a few months and I like it. I apply it with The Body Shop Buffing Brush and find this applies it evenly. It is not a full coverage foundation by any means, it is buildable for more coverage however I think that defeats the point of the foundation. With it being called "Fresh Nude" I feel it was more to even out skin tone and make your skin look healthy. It is not a oily foundation and it blends easily. I did find however that after wearing for a long period of time (13 hours) it can appear patchy and in some areas oxidise but this only seems to be in very hot weather. I have dry skin sensitive skin and have not found that it has irritated it at all.

Overall I like this foundation and would repurchase it again, and the fact that it comes with a pump is a bonus.

I have a video review here:

I got my Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation in shade 012 Bora Bora Tiare, and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I bought it for IDR 330000, which is actually a bit pricey for me, but it was worth the price.

This foundation is really good: it doesn't make me break out, it also hardly makes my skin oily even after hours of wear; it'll probably start getting oily near the 6-8 hour mark but I don't usually count. I just know it lasted me through the day without any itches whatsoever. The finish is dewy in my opinion.

Overall, I am very happy with this foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase, firstly because I wanted to try other brands or splurge on a more expensive one, but also I didn't really like how the foundation felt after being applied. It feels a bit sticky at first, but later it feels okay after it sets
However this is just a personal preference. I'd still recommend this to people :)

on 6/16/2017 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I delayed purchasing this for such a long time as I thought it wouldn't suit my skin. I gave in this spring, when my skin was a little dry. I rally love this foundation - it provides a light, slightly verging on medium coverage with a healthy natural glow. It's not too dewy and lasts well on my skin, even now when my skin has changed with the weather (I've an oily t-zone due to combination skin). It doesn't cling tor dry patches but doesn't make me look oily at all. I love it and it has quickly become my every day foundation as it makes me look healthy and a bit more awake. The packaging feels sturdy, is hygenic, is easy to use and looks nice. I am really happy with this foundation

on 6/9/2017 1:44:00 AM

I have always been a fan of The Body Shop. I am such a fan of their body products but I have never tried their make up. I read reviews about this foundation and the reviews are mixed. But I went ahead and purchased this foundation.

The foundation comes in a bottle with a pump. The packaging definitely isn't the nicest but with the price tag it is acceptable. It has quite a wide range of shade which means there is a shade for everyone. Upon dispensing the product it feels half creamy. I find it best to apply with a buffing brush to make sure the foundation is really buffed in. Or if you want a sheer-er look you can apply this with a beauty blender. The coverage is light to medium (and it is buildable). Again my main concern is to cancel out some redness on my face so this foundation is rather perfect. It has slightly dewy finish (NOT a matte finish by any means). It is light weight and very natural. However one drawback is that the foundation oxidize after 6 hours and it can get a little bit oily after 6 hours too. Aside from that I personally feel this foundation is a great foundation for daily use.

on 5/15/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this did not break me out, and the packaging makes it more hygenic than other foundations (unlike maybelline fit me where i had to tip the whole bottle over). i had this in the shade Kyoto Blossom and it did not oxidise. its not full coverage and definitely pricier than what I would pay for, but it did its job in covering the redness and some acne scars i have. under dim lighting it made me look more flawless. would repurchase if i havent found a better alternative that does not break me out.

on 5/14/2017 6:39:00 PM

I have recently switched to cruelty free and wanted a foundation with less junk in it. According to The Body Shop, they don't make an ultra long wearing foundation or matte formula because they need a lot of additives to get it to perform that way. I don't know how true that is, but it's true that I've personally never found a naturally based foundation that dries matte or claims to be 24 hour.

This is not my usual type of foundation. I have an oily tzone that happily breaks down Estee Lauder's double wear so longevity is not something I can get out of this product in its natural state. It also contains oil and aloe vera, both of which are a part of their community trade programme. I love that. There's also no parabens or mineral oil or gluten which is a plus.

The foundation is so so beautiful. It's totally buildable and sits really well on my skin. I have purchased enough to use on clients and it's so flattering on everyone. With a setting spray it lasts an average day on me, or else I touch up with their cushion foundation. That works really well for me just to absorb excess oil. If you have normal to dry skin then I can't see you having an issue keeping this on all day. I get so many compliments when I wear this. It covers my skin texture effectively but looks so fresh and vibrant. I'm happy to have touch ups if it means not using something akin to wall paint on my skin. I find this versatile and the colour range is excellent, one of the best ranges in New Zealand. It's not too dewy or too matte. Just perfectly in between, healthy and radiant. I have repurchased my shade twice now and I consistently love it and feel like I can't go wrong