The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation

The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
Fresh Nude FoundationFresh Nude Foundation

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Diheptyl Succinate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Octocrylene (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (Emulsifying Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Silica (Absorbent), Cetyl Dimethicone (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Hydrogenated Polydecene (Skin Conditioning Agent), Magnesium Sulfate (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Disteardimonium Hectorite (Stabiliser), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ammonium C6-16 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate (Surfactant - Emulsifying Agent), Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer (Film Former), Ethylhexylglycerin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Chelating Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder (Skin Conditioning Agent - Humectant), p-Anisic Acid (pH Adjuster), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Rosa Alba Flower Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), BHT (Antioxidant), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative). [ /- CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77499/Iron Oxides (Colour)].

on 7/17/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have wanted to try this foundation for a while after hearing some good reviews about it. After the foundation I was using a went a got colour matched. I have the shade Bora Bora. I have had it now for a few months and I like it. I apply it with The Body Shop Buffing Brush and find this applies it evenly. It is not a full coverage foundation by any means, it is buildable for more coverage however I think that defeats the point of the foundation. With it being called "Fresh Nude" I feel it was more to even out skin tone and make your skin look healthy. It is not a oily foundation and it blends easily. I did find however that after wearing for a long period of time (13 hours) it can appear patchy and in some areas oxidise but this only seems to be in very hot weather. I have dry skin sensitive skin and have not found that it has irritated it at all.

Overall I like this foundation and would repurchase it again, and the fact that it comes with a pump is a bonus.

I have a video review here:

I got my Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation in shade 012 Bora Bora Tiare, and it's almost an exact match to my skin. I bought it for IDR 330000, which is actually a bit pricey for me, but it was worth the price.

This foundation is really good: it doesn't make me break out, it also hardly makes my skin oily even after hours of wear; it'll probably start getting oily near the 6-8 hour mark but I don't usually count. I just know it lasted me through the day without any itches whatsoever. The finish is dewy in my opinion.

Overall, I am very happy with this foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase, firstly because I wanted to try other brands or splurge on a more expensive one, but also I didn't really like how the foundation felt after being applied. It feels a bit sticky at first, but later it feels okay after it sets
However this is just a personal preference. I'd still recommend this to people :)

on 6/16/2017 6:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I delayed purchasing this for such a long time as I thought it wouldn't suit my skin. I gave in this spring, when my skin was a little dry. I rally love this foundation - it provides a light, slightly verging on medium coverage with a healthy natural glow. It's not too dewy and lasts well on my skin, even now when my skin has changed with the weather (I've an oily t-zone due to combination skin). It doesn't cling tor dry patches but doesn't make me look oily at all. I love it and it has quickly become my every day foundation as it makes me look healthy and a bit more awake. The packaging feels sturdy, is hygenic, is easy to use and looks nice. I am really happy with this foundation

on 6/9/2017 1:44:00 AM

I have always been a fan of The Body Shop. I am such a fan of their body products but I have never tried their make up. I read reviews about this foundation and the reviews are mixed. But I went ahead and purchased this foundation.

The foundation comes in a bottle with a pump. The packaging definitely isn't the nicest but with the price tag it is acceptable. It has quite a wide range of shade which means there is a shade for everyone. Upon dispensing the product it feels half creamy. I find it best to apply with a buffing brush to make sure the foundation is really buffed in. Or if you want a sheer-er look you can apply this with a beauty blender. The coverage is light to medium (and it is buildable). Again my main concern is to cancel out some redness on my face so this foundation is rather perfect. It has slightly dewy finish (NOT a matte finish by any means). It is light weight and very natural. However one drawback is that the foundation oxidize after 6 hours and it can get a little bit oily after 6 hours too. Aside from that I personally feel this foundation is a great foundation for daily use.

on 5/15/2017 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this did not break me out, and the packaging makes it more hygenic than other foundations (unlike maybelline fit me where i had to tip the whole bottle over). i had this in the shade Kyoto Blossom and it did not oxidise. its not full coverage and definitely pricier than what I would pay for, but it did its job in covering the redness and some acne scars i have. under dim lighting it made me look more flawless. would repurchase if i havent found a better alternative that does not break me out.

on 5/14/2017 6:39:00 PM

I have recently switched to cruelty free and wanted a foundation with less junk in it. According to The Body Shop, they don't make an ultra long wearing foundation or matte formula because they need a lot of additives to get it to perform that way. I don't know how true that is, but it's true that I've personally never found a naturally based foundation that dries matte or claims to be 24 hour.

This is not my usual type of foundation. I have an oily tzone that happily breaks down Estee Lauder's double wear so longevity is not something I can get out of this product in its natural state. It also contains oil and aloe vera, both of which are a part of their community trade programme. I love that. There's also no parabens or mineral oil or gluten which is a plus.

The foundation is so so beautiful. It's totally buildable and sits really well on my skin. I have purchased enough to use on clients and it's so flattering on everyone. With a setting spray it lasts an average day on me, or else I touch up with their cushion foundation. That works really well for me just to absorb excess oil. If you have normal to dry skin then I can't see you having an issue keeping this on all day. I get so many compliments when I wear this. It covers my skin texture effectively but looks so fresh and vibrant. I'm happy to have touch ups if it means not using something akin to wall paint on my skin. I find this versatile and the colour range is excellent, one of the best ranges in New Zealand. It's not too dewy or too matte. Just perfectly in between, healthy and radiant. I have repurchased my shade twice now and I consistently love it and feel like I can't go wrong

on 3/19/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After deciding to go cruelty free, I have been looking for a foundation that will provide light coverage, and feel lightweight on the skin. This foundation is perfect! The colour matches perfectly to my skin tone, long lasting,and it felt great, I was very surprised. In MAC speak, I’m NC50, and I bought the shade 75 Caribbean Mahogany .
PROS
Lightweight and feels great on my skin.
Looks natural, fresh face
Long wearing, I got about 8 hours
No breakouts, or issues
Great quality for the price! I got used to spending $$$ on foundations from other brands.
CONS
The body shop should expand the shade range for darker skin.

I would definitely buy this again, in fact I think I’m going to stock up on this in case the body shop discontinues it.

on 3/11/2017 12:37:00 AM

If you are looking for a healthy dewy finish, this is the product you should definitely get. I love to apply this foundation will my fingers. Although its coverage is light to medium, it is buildable and covers reddness quite well. I'm a oily combination skin type, but I find that this foundation is quite long lasting on my skin. No breakout which is another plus point. Definitely will buy again :)

on 2/19/2017 4:37:00 PM

I bought this looking for more natural coverage because I would usually use Korean bb creams that were a bit too thick and need loads of powder, making it look cakey. $25 is more than I would usually spend on foundation but I really like it. The lighest shade, Chelsea is a cooler pink toned colour but it doesn't leave you looking pink. It blends very well and looks natural, needing very little powder. It has light-medium coverage so I wear this on good skin days if I have few blemishes. I just wish it lasted longer, after about 4 hours I need a touch up. Maybe a good primer and setting spray would help.

on 2/16/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to go cruelty free so this was the first foundation I bought that did not test on animals... good shade selection, the one for me is a bit dark and orange on me but the lighter shade is just too light. I am aware of the shade adjusting drops but this foundation is not the right one for me plus I find it too much of an inconvenience.
It has good coverage, but not great for my skin type, looks very shiny on skin and rubs off so very easy to take off.
I did notice less breakouts so definitely a bonus!