The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation

The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation
Fresh Nude FoundationFresh Nude Foundation

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Diheptyl Succinate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Octocrylene (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (Emulsifying Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Silica (Absorbent), Cetyl Dimethicone (Emollient), Titanium Dioxide (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Hydrogenated Polydecene (Skin Conditioning Agent), Magnesium Sulfate (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Disteardimonium Hectorite (Stabiliser), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ammonium C6-16 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate (Surfactant - Emulsifying Agent), Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer (Film Former), Ethylhexylglycerin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Chelating Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder (Skin Conditioning Agent - Humectant), p-Anisic Acid (pH Adjuster), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Rosa Alba Flower Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), BHT (Antioxidant), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sorbic Acid (Preservative). [ /- CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77491/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77499/Iron Oxides (Colour)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was skeptical of this foundation in terms of coverage since a lot of people told me it was light coverage but I was pleasantly surprised. I have a lot of acne scarring and some acne and this covered it nicely. If you have really red acne spots I would recommend going in with colour corrector and concealer though. The price was higher than I would like but it is worth it. It makes me look healthy and doesn't break me out. I highly recommend and it is cruelty free!

on 12/19/2016 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in absolute love with this foundation. I find it really great because the range goes light enough for me, which is fantastic because I am extremely pale and find it hard to find foundations that do light enough. It is very lightweight and looks like you're not wearing foundation at all. I found it very buildable without it looking cakey. Downside is that it has hardly any coverage so you can still see my freckles and acne. But it works fantastic with my extremely dry skin. So this is the best foundation I've used just the only down sides are the coverage and the price, as I am a student so I don't have money to throw around.

on 8/23/2016 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

While shopping in Banff, Alberta I stopped in The Body Shop and stumbled upon this new foundation. I've always like Body Shop product so I thought I'd swatch it. It has a unique silky texture. It is a sheer foundation which I like on weekends or when I just don't want much on my face. Sheer foundation tend to have a dewy finish and this foundation is dewy. Not too dewy that it does not make my oily skin greasy. I always set my foundation with a loose setting powder. They have a great colour selection for light to very dark skin. I'm pretty picky about what I put on my face and this foundation was a winner for me. I strongly recommend getting a sample or at least swatching it to see if it works for you.

on 8/4/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this foundation. It's just that I don't LOOOOVE it. And it's not because it's not good or good enough. It actually is, it's just that I'm looking for something else.

THE PRODUCT:
> "Make every day a good skin day with Fresh Nude Foundation." is the product's tagline and from there we can immediately get a good grasp of what kind of look this makeup tries to achieve.
> The consistency is more on the "runny" side.
> Wiiiide range of colours to choose from. I got mine in Fiji Sand (Yellow undertone). For reference, I'm an NC35-37, depending on the climate plus I'm extremely acidic so I tend to get 1-2 shades lighter.

PROS:
+ Natural/Skin like (and blends really well onto the skin)
+ On their UK site, it claims to have a semi-matte finish, but I wouldn't call it "semi-matte". It's just right. To me, it's right smack in the middle of matte and dewy, and in no way doesn it lean towards a matte finish, if you get I mean.
+ Super light-weight
+ Buildable without getting cakey
+ Has rosewater and aloe vera which are what makes it so "fresh-looking", and it smells like rosewater too (the smell vanishes upon/after application, so no worries)
+ Oxidizes very little, I'm actually impressed.
+ IT BASICALLY LIVES UP TO ITS NAME OF : "FRESH NUDE"

CONS:
- The cap on the bottle is loose already.
- It comes off easily - I used primer and I set it with powder, and the most I could get from it is 3 hours. After that, it starts to wear off. It wears off evenly, though, not like in patches. Adding a second layer will extend wear time to 2 hours, tops.
- Medium-full coverage gals beware: this has light coverage. It's buildable, BUT I barely have time for one layer! You know what I mean?1 Haha.
- I'm not really used to light coverage foundations, but this one tended to emphasize the bumps around my nose (like those little whiteheads that are so hard to get rid of).

Why 3 stars from me? Well, minus 1 star for not holding up longer and another minus 1 star for emphasizing the tiny bumps around my nose. Will not repurchase just because I don't really have the budget for things that do not cater to my needs specifically. Other than that, this foundation is still above par, and should be well-loved by a lot of women. :)

on 8/2/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

i have super sensitive skin, so few months before my wedding i wanted to try make up on to know which best would suite my skin for the day so don't experience any problems.i tried this product and i am VERY HAPPY with the results i'm still using it now it doesn't react to my skin it blends well especially with the honey bronzing powder.

So for anyone with sensitive skin and you want to wear make up this is very good, personally i would recommend it because it doesn't react to my skin, and it smells Very Good as well

thumbs up to The Body Shop

**read update for updated review^^

I had high hopes for this foundation. I read so many good reviews abt it and decided to give it a go since i was running low on foundation. I'll jump straight in to my cons, this foundation accentuates EVERYthing on my face, tiny bumps, little hairs, fine lines, acne scars and pores. I tried applying it several different ways, with a brush, damp sponge, fingers,tried mixing it with a bb cream or moisturizer etc etc. the only way i could use it with minimal accentuating of my face's texture is by applying a tiiiiiny bit (less than half a pump) on my fingers and smearing it on my face. It blends super easy though! I dont mind less coverage since i only wear foundation so that my bronzers and blushes stick longer on my face. I didnt mind the finish, dewy, and not tacky once it sets. I didnt mind the longevity of it since i never wear foundation/makeup for a long period. And i dont like piling too much products on my face thats why i dont use primers. Maybe a primer couldve helped. But im not about that primer life (yet).
If u have super smooth skin this foundation would be great. All in all, packaging is OK, color selection is awesome, price is...OK. I wouldnt wanna wear makeup to make my skin look worse. *sigh* definitely will not repurchase.

***UPDATE
Ok i feel like i might have been a teeny bit harsh on my review before. I just recently moved to another country and my skin changed from combo oily to dry. Well, im usually oily around my Tzone and now only on my nose. I gave this foundation another chance. I still didnt like applying it with a brush, but NOW that i have drier skin, applying it with my damp beauty blender made it look really nice!! :D perfect finish! Im so glad i took it with me! :) i never set this foundation with powder anymore and i love the finish!^^ im still not sure wether i will repurchase or not but i will keep using it as long as my skin is the way it is now! Gonna bump up the lippie on this one!

on 6/15/2016 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a full-coverage foundation, but great to be used daily.

on 6/2/2016 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was gutted! Bought this today, my first body shop make up, and I was very disappointed! It had very low coverage and did nothing for my skin. It hide nothing, and I don't have the best skin! It's probably put me off trying a body shop foundation again. I don't think that it's worth £15, considering other low cost brands are more effective, or I could have spent a little more to get tried a higher end foundation.

Pseudo-BB cream.

This foundation provides low coverage, and lacks the staying power of normal foundations. On my skin it faded within 2 hours. It does have a dewy finish which I liked, and don't have much to say about the scent.

I would say that the Ponds BB cream suited my skin better, both in terms of coverage and longevity.

on 3/29/2016 11:54:00 PM

The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundations are a new range and I am very impressed. They are reasonably priced and come in a large selection of colours all the way from porcelain to deep brown. They also come in both cool and warm undertones which is very useful. And as an aside, the names of all the shades are beautiful.
I use the shade Kyoto Blossom (015) and it is a perfect match on my neutral skin. The formula is not too thick or too watery and can be applied onto the face with either a brush or fingers. I personally like to use my fingers for a natural finish. It covers up redness, pigmentation, dark circles and blemishes. It is a medium coverage foundation. You do not need to use much to cover your whole face, so the product should last a fair while. It comes in a glass bottle with a pump and the bottle is both clear and has the shade name clearly on the front. The Body Shop is easily accessible so I would recommend that you try this foundation.