4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Great coverage and lasts a long time I love the compact too but I have recently switched to perfectionist compact because it has more moisture

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I hope Estee never discontinues this foundation. Approaching 50, hormones are wreaking havoc on my skin, but you would never know. When I wear this foundation I get compliments on my skin. One friend even thought I'd gotten injections. I think there must be something in it that helps the light reflect in a good way because it seems to do something my other foundations don't. It also photographs well. Am super happy it doesn't have SPF because I'm allergic to octinoxate and it seems that is in all the really coveted formulas these days. It is pricey for what you get but a little goes a long way. I like to warm it up on my hand before applying and it melts seamlessly into my skin, giving it a subtle, healthy glow. I am very fair and even at that, the 3N1 Desert Beige seems a good match in summer and the 2N1 in winter. I would advise use of a good cleanser and washcloth or clarisonic to make sure you remove all of it at night. If you only wash with your hands, I think some of the silicone can get left behind which could lead to breakouts if you are sensitive like me. But when I do it right, I'm fine.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Great foundation! A little goes a super long way. You can use a make brush, sponge, or just your fingers to apply. I love it.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

4 years ago

Not sure how this got such a high review. Perhaps the reviewers have not used Estee Lauder Double Wear "Regular" An excellent sales lady convinced me to purchase this "new" Double Wear compact. I thought it would be the same as the original double wear, but definitely not! I buy DW ONLY because of its long lasting ability, this new one is not the same, and rubs off after a few hours. I do love the compact idea, why did they change the formula?

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I love this foundation and applaud Estee for branching out into new territory (for them, at least.) if you are any bit at all familiar with this line, you'll know that their foundations for drier skin are limited. (Perfectionist can be too sheer of coverage, BB glow doesn't have a great shade range.) before this foundation, those were their only (kinda sad!) options! Thank goodness for this new one. Their claim to fame, of course, is the original full coverage and matteifying Double Wear, which doesn't resemble Double Wear To Go in any way at all. I feel like the name is completely misleading, as I'm sure many buyers are just assuming they are getting the original Double Wear foundation in this new convenient travel package. Nope. The two are nothing alike. To Go is medium coverage and very hydrating and dewy. Makeup and cosmetic trends are all all about looking as fresh, glowy, and moisturized as possible so it's awesome to see this storied brand be able to step up to the plate and deliver a solid foundation completely centered around the look that is high in demand now. I'm so stoked this foundation exists because it gives me that EXACT, effortlessly "editorial" and luminescent look I want! I could never get the original double wear to work for me the way I wanted it to, (I'm just not a fan of heavy, matte makeup) so I was skeptical when I got a sample of this. I was relieved to see they're nothing at all alike, and again, I don't know if Estee is trying to cash in on the reputation of Double Wear and just use that name on all sorts of different unrelated products? Anyway, don't go into this thinking it's just double wear in different packaging!!!! It's smooth, cushion-y, and so very hydrating. At first I thought the whole "push button compact" was kind of silly and just a novelty, but as it turns out, it's pretty cool. I'm not the best with time management and am always in a rush, and can be as messy like a tornado! Double wear to go has my back with the easy to carry and use compact. It comes with a sponge, but using a foundation brush or your fingers still gives you the same, impeccably blended glowy skin no matter what your applicator of choice is. Coverage is totally build able, and while the shades are not as extensive as the regular double wear, there's still a much wider range than your average foundation line. I have yellowy/olive-like skin and Tawny(3W1) suits me perfectly. This is currently my go-to foundation and newest holy grail, it gets me looking flawless and hydrated and dewy (not shiny or oily!!) in an instant. All I need is a tiny bit of concealer on some old areas of hyperpigmentation and I'm perfectly covered, glowing, flawless, and all while not looking like a dry cake face. The staying power holds up as well, it doesn't slide off my face or wear off throughout the day. this foundation is fairly new so I'm praying it does well so Estee never discontinues it like many others that have come and gone. Will most certainly be buying again. The only reason I feel hesitant about giving it full marks is because the price is a little steep for the amount of product (which, coming from me......who is completely corrupted and could care less about how ridiculous makeup pricing can be.......that tiny complaint holds some weight. lets just say dropping $200 at Sephora on any given day is me "budgeting" myself and behaving!) you are receiving.....$45 for a rather small amount of foundation is not something everyone can work into their budget, admittedly. Biggest drawback by far: there is no way to tell when you are getting close to running out. I'm scared one day I'm going to push the button and nothing will come out and I won't have time to immediately run to my local Estée Lauder counter for a top up. It's something to consider. However........I can't be bothered too much....I'm hooked and in love. The first foundation to give me that "editorial skin look" I have envied and dreamed of!!!!! Thank you Estee!!!!!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

First of all let me start off by saying I am in my mid thirties with bad skin. Hyperpigmentation, acne scarring and occasional breakouts even at my age. I think the product is overall good, and really like the packaging concept. I feel the product does not have as much coverage as I would like and will probably not reach for this often. I need a full coverage foundation that I don't have to use concealer with and this product I have to use additional concealer, so I am unfortunately going to have to take a lippie off and will not repurchase. I feel the finish is similar to the very popular Nars Sheer Glow (which is really a full coverage) and if you are a fan of that you may want to give this a shot. This has better packaging, is portable with mirror and you might like this formula better. I am currently working with a dermatologist on my issues and if my skin improves I may change my mind on this foundation and will update if that is the case.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

from

This is so gooooooood

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

4 years ago

Let me start off by saying that I originally planned on purchasing the liquid pump of the Double Wear foundation. My daughter wears this foundation and her skin looks absolutely beautiful. It gives a nice appearance. Oh. I forgot to say--my daughter is in her twenties. I'm 60. Anyway, off we went and when we got to the Lauder counter the S/A matched me up with the correct color. She mentioned that I was really in between a warm and cool so I would be better off with a neutral. As such, the color match was 2N1 Desert Beige. The color match actually made a lot of sense to me simply because the foundations I seem to end up with are either too light or too dark--but never in between. The color was great. Didn't oxodize either. But--both of us realized one thing--my skin is mature. Any "mattifying" foundation, regardless of the color match is going to look dry and pasty. That is just not good. She recommended the Double Wear Makeup to Go Liquid Compact. She further explained that THIS particular formula of the Double Wear line gave more of a luminous and hydrated look. Hey. What 60-year old woman doesn't want that--right? Before I talk about the foundation itself and how I liked it on my face, I want to describe the compact since this is a relatively new product. The foundation comes in a nice sized compact, with the press of a finger, a measured "pump" of product will appear. It's really quite neat AND this compact is great for travel--you don't have to worry about leaky bottles. However, you also won't be able to tell when the product runs out due to the extremely opague compact. This also comes with a tiny sponge, which I would hold onto for touch ups. I apply this with my beauty blender. Back to the product: The application is nice. The foundation glides on nicely and blends in beautifully with the Beauty Blender. It isn't full coverage though. In order to achieve that full coverage look, you will have to use at least three pumps. For me, two pumps worked, but I also dab and blend creme concealer on any little "spots" that I may have. I have this four lipsticks because I like this a lot, but it isn't Holy Grail status for me--it's the coverage thing. I honestly wish MUA had 1/2 lipsticks because it really falls into the 3.50 category for me. Pricing is expensive for the .40 fl. Oz. This compact is $45.00. Less product--more money. What can I say? I've spent more on foundation, but have also gotten more product. Packaging is great, actually fantastic for travel, but you just won't be able to tell when you are at the bottom of the barrel. Thus the four lipsticks. I did answer "yes" that I would purchase this product again, but my answer is really "maybe" (MUA--are you reading this? You really need to have "maybe" as a choice!) I might purchase again due to the convenient packaging--but I"m not sure. That's about it. Thank you for reading and I hope that this review helped in some small way. I would like to add photos, but I am not able to

About reviewer (211 reviews)

Age56 & Over