Avon Little Black Dress

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.0

It's a warm "floriental" that I like a lot -- and so does my SO. If it had better lasting power, it would be a keeper. Because it doesn't, I'm not so sure. The matching scented body lotion is useless; the scent goes on VERY faint and soon disappears altogether, so it doesn't help the perfume last.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good thing I only brought this in the roller ball version. I smelt a sample in one of their catalog and thought it smelt soo delightful.
When I purchased the roller ball, it smelt nothing like what I had remember. Strong and musky that was it.

Wow. I got my bottle a month ago and was absolutely amazed to discover that this fragrance NOW lasts about 20 min before it completely vanishes. I say NOW because i had this fragrance a few years ago and back then it lasted and lasted and lasted, maybe 6 to 8 hours. The smell itself is nice, flowery, sweet, slightly spicy.

I was looking forward to this one, but I must say I'm a little disappointed. This is NOT a bad a fragrance, not at all. it's subtle and classy, a hint of gentle floral and beautiful vanilla, but everything perfectly balanced. If you want to play safe this is perfect.
However, I can hardly feel it on my skin, it must be the body chemistry thing. It's there, long lasting, but I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know I sprayed it on my wrist. I'm an oriental fan so this is nothing strange.
I'd recommend this for other people to try on their skin before buying, but it's a wonderful fragrance indeed.

Maybe I associate all things black with goth, but this was very dark and sexy to me. Ultimately I didn't buy it because it was just too sharp. Points for the sensuality, demerits for scorching my nose hairs.

Popular Fragrances