Avon Little Black Dress

3.7

a good fragrance for evening or night out
Added .after one month of using this perfume the smell changed like cheap perfumes
and the scent lasts for only few minutes will not repurchase

Very ordinary and boring.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Good thing I only brought this in the roller ball version. I smelt a sample in one of their catalog and thought it smelt soo delightful.
When I purchased the roller ball, it smelt nothing like what I had remember. Strong and musky that was it.

i got this in special edition which is said to be more concentrated and will last longer. i was surprised at how cheap looking the bottle is. the original version looks a lot better. i bought this thinking this would a flirty sexy kind of a scent but i find it to be too warm and musky and potentially a headache inducer coz of the really strong and overpowering scent. definitely not ideal for everyday wear.

Wow. I got my bottle a month ago and was absolutely amazed to discover that this fragrance NOW lasts about 20 min before it completely vanishes. I say NOW because i had this fragrance a few years ago and back then it lasted and lasted and lasted, maybe 6 to 8 hours. The smell itself is nice, flowery, sweet, slightly spicy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think the ad for this would be, "give her something this season that smells like everything else." I'm not a perfume snob, as someone before stated...I mean I love when I find Coriandre for 10 bucks at TJ Maxx, but this smells like a mix of Happy, L'or de Torrente, Gabriela Sabatini. I want this little black dress to get some backbone! Course, I never wear LBDs either, b/c they're just like what everyone else wears...hm. So keep that in mind when you read this. This to me smells like a lot of other youthful fruity floral fragrances on the market and whether it was Guerlain or not, I'd still rate it the same. Uninteresting unfortunately.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Little Black Dress is a very boring, artificial floral-musky scent that I can barely smell at all on my skin.

I smelt this in a little tester thingy and loved it - it seemed fresh and sophisticated for evening wear, warm and a touch musky - so I purchased a small bottle. I excitedly put it on my skin and was horrified. This was ugh, just awful on me. I could smell a touch of that musk scent I smelt in the tester, but overall, it was too strong and something in it that just made me feel headachy and weird. Just a personal chemistry thing I guess.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Little Black Dress smells to me a bit like Fire and ice body spray. It took me a few days to like this fragrance and that's only when I connected it to Fire and ice, its has not got exactly the same notes but it reminds me of that one.
On me this has a high pitch, I'd say its bright and cheerful not cozy, remaining very elegant and feminine throughout, its smooth enough, sweet, with a soft/medium sillage. This fragrance is very pleasant and easy to wear anytime of the day or night.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Subtle and sophisticated is how I would describe this fragrance. Although the price is dirt cheap compared to high-end perfumes, I feel very "expensive" when I wear this! It really doesn't feel like I'm wearing an "Avon" fragrance. Also I've gotten a number of compliments on it. Would definitely buy this again, it's really timeless.

EDIT: I'm not sure what's changed, but I'm not as enamoured of this fragrance as I previously was! I find that after a while it makes me feel a bit ill...probably won't repurchase now. :(

Popular Fragrances