Avon Little Black Dress

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.6

I've worn this perfume for a long time ..It's beautiful and very classic , reviewers here have described beautifully ..It's warm for sure but it won't give headaches ..Best of all , it 's wearable for either day or night , and it 's very long lasting ..
Sadly , I felt it doesn't suit my body chemistry , and smelled weird on me ..:/ It was the 2000's then and all this craze with "sweet " scents started , so I thought of letting it go and trying others ...I recommend trying it before buying as it's prone to change easily on skin , but smells beautifully and chic with the right wearer .

I really liked this when I first got it but it wore on me pretty quickly. I still like it, it's a nice fragrance, sultry and sophisticated yet fun but definitely a "once in a while" fragrance for me. I find that a little bit of it is more than enough so my small bottle will last quite a while. I really liked the bottle design though, very classy. It sure didn't last long though, I still give it a 4. Many of Avons fragrance are stinkers but this was one of the better ones IMO. I might repurchase this if it was still available, only in a small bottle though.

Initially I was a little disappointed in this perfume, because I wanted more apricot, more floral, and more spice. I don't care for the first few minutes of Little Black Dress, but I must admit that when it has settled down a bit, it's very subtle and pretty. It's not a favourite but it's growing on me. For now my little roller-ball applicator will suffice, and I don't plan to buy more, but if it goes on a really good sale I may change my mind.

Edited to add a lippie and to say that I would, in fact, buy this product again. I must like this more than I had initially thought, because I'm almost through my roll-on and it's only been a couple of months. That's rather quick for me. It seems to be a rather good compromise scent for when it's not too hot or too cold out, and I can't decide whether to wear a warm scent or a floral.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A soft, creamy floral with oriental warmth and a hint of apricot blossom. It came out in 2001 and is still selling strong. I'd describe it as an everyday modern classic - soft, elegant, no harsh notes. Its very long-lasting (8 hours on me) but people have described it as soft and nice, a good one to wear in the background without overpowering. Men seem to like this one. The thing about this perfume is it is this so wearable and long lasting its a good one for everyday. Other perfumes might be more exciting, but then again, your fantastic new "love-em" scent is often other peoples cloying "hate-em" irritation! A simply elegant, reliable finishing touch to complete your grooming.

Some people say that Little Black dress is like "Vera Wang", or Sarah Jessica Parker's "Covet". I haven't tried those, but think its like Elizabeth Taylor's "Forever Elizabeth", but more fruity and less cloying.

Top notes - ginger, coriander, cyclamen, jasmine, apricot blossom + some say honeysuckle
Middle notes - pink peony, gardenia, ylang-ylang, some say jasmine
Base notes - musk, japanese plum, sandalwood and tonka beans.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I think the ad for this would be, "give her something this season that smells like everything else." I'm not a perfume snob, as someone before stated...I mean I love when I find Coriandre for 10 bucks at TJ Maxx, but this smells like a mix of Happy, L'or de Torrente, Gabriela Sabatini. I want this little black dress to get some backbone! Course, I never wear LBDs either, b/c they're just like what everyone else wears...hm. So keep that in mind when you read this. This to me smells like a lot of other youthful fruity floral fragrances on the market and whether it was Guerlain or not, I'd still rate it the same. Uninteresting unfortunately.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances. So warm but not too sweet and so feminine and sophisticated.
But I can't stop wondering, if the reviewers, who gave this a bad rating, would give it a higher one if it was Guerlain's fragrance instead of Avon's... :D

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I want to start by saying I am not a fan of Avon perfumes. They do not last on me. However, a friend was wearing this stuff and it smelled lovely. When she told me she was wearing Little Black Dress by Avon I couldn't believe it. Well, I found an Avon lady and ordered it. It was on sale for $12.99. The smell is ok, but like other said it does not last on me. It is not my type of scent. Nothing stands out about the scent. Maybe kind of ho-hum. Could be my chemistry. Not a perfume snob but I will not buy again. Probably will not buy any other Avon perfumes no matter how good they smell. Think I may have learned a lesson. Probably not.

A wonderful scent that I've worn every day for the last year! I'm starting to move away from it now in favor of trying new things, but I still go back to this on days when I want something familiar and attention-grabbing. A very nice floral with a spicy undertone.

I smelt this in a little tester thingy and loved it - it seemed fresh and sophisticated for evening wear, warm and a touch musky - so I purchased a small bottle. I excitedly put it on my skin and was horrified. This was ugh, just awful on me. I could smell a touch of that musk scent I smelt in the tester, but overall, it was too strong and something in it that just made me feel headachy and weird. Just a personal chemistry thing I guess.