Olaplex No 1 & No 2

4.4

Step 2: Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Quaternium-91, Sodium Benzoate, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-37, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Etidronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Phytantriol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After switching from Aveda salon to another salon that uses Olaplex (Aveda stands against Olaplex being mixed with their products) I totally see the difference.
My hair has been highlighted with Olaplex for last 7 months. It looks way healthier than before, it grows faster. I also see that the color lasts longer. My blond pieces do not turn brassy. I still use purple shampoo every two-three weeks, but my hair does not get as yellow as before in between.
I've tried Olaplex 3 couple of times on my hair and surprisingly it didn't turn out well. It made my hair super frizzy and puffy. I know that Olaplex 2 is just 2.5% stronger version of Olaplex 3, but since my at salon results are impressive I'm going to get a bottle of Olaplex 2 for at home treatment every other week.
Awesome product! Must have for colored hair.

I have been growing out my thermally reconditioned hair. I had 6" of regrowth in the back with a line of demarcation. I also had some leftover salon highlights that fried my hair and never quite got light enough so I was constantly battling these orangey tones. It was bulky, frizzy and incredibly dry.

I threw in some highlights at home and tried Olaplex in bleach for the first time. I got my medium/darkish brown hair to sunny yellow in one shot in under an hour with no damage. Was so impressed, that I went back through and balayaged a bunch more pieces and once again it was perfect sunny yellow and no damage.

I then left Olaplex 2 in there for a couple of hours, then did deep conditioner with heat.

When I took my hair out of the conditioning cap, I could tell that something had changed. It was so soft and slippery it would not even stay piled on my head as it normally does. I have conditioned with heat many times before, but this time it seemed to absorb the conditioner to the point that it didn't even feel or behave like my own hair.

My whole hair felt like this after Olaplex 2, even though I only used Olaplex 1 in the bits that I had bleached.

I let it air dry and right away could see that it lies better, felt like silk and was not frizzing when I went outside. Furthermore, it somehow seems to have softened the line of demarcation between my relaxed and natural hair. Now it was just smooth, soft rippling waves.

I had my gloss toner ready to go but did not feel that I needed it, which I can only attribute to being able to get my hair to an ideal level without damage.

Since then, I have done an Olaplex stand alone treatment, and just Olaplex 2 by itself. Each time, I did leave step 2 on for 2 hours.

When I did the stand alone treatment, I did not have time for a deep conditioner. My hair did seem once again improved, but I did not have earth shattering results like the first time.

When I did just Olaplex 2, I did follow it up with a deep conditioner with heat, and had incredible results again. Myhair seems to love just Olaplex 2 followed by deep conditioning. I keep a bottle of Olaplex 1 around for when the bleach urges hit. I think it works great for that. But if I am not doing bleach, I love the results of just using 2 with deep conditioner.

I also tried Olaplex 3 and it pretty much did nothing. I agree with the reviewers who say that if you are going to splurge for one of these - go with 2.

I have never had a nice hair texture other than when I was relaxing it. But Olaplex is making me love my natural waves.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

HG! This has been a way to "have my cake and eat it too!" I can go super blonde and yet miraculously have super healthy, silky looking and feeling hair! WOO-HOO!

My new stylist introduced me to Olaplex. She admitted that in her opinion, there were other options that may work better and for less money than the Olaplex 3, but highly recommended I get the Olaplex 1 and 2 during any bleach/color service. I appreciate her honesty, but I may try the Number 3 later on as I'm so impressed with the 1 and 2!

My natural level 5/6 hair always pulls an ugly gold/brass whenever I try to get the blonde I crave (which is a light 9/10ish cool ash blonde), unless the stylist uses sufficient bleach to lift it past the gold level. But then, the trade off for getting my dream blonde is ruined hair that feels like hay, straw, even a cotton candy texture if I'm really unlucky, and it needs loads of Argan oil just to begin to look presentable -- and even THEN, it continues to tangle and knot up no matter how much gentle combing and expensive products are used, with alarming amounts of breakage in the comb/brush and in the shower drain.

I took the plunge last week to go for a full heavy highlight over two thirds of my hair, just on the regrowth as I already had a partial highlight from a few months prior (also used Olaplex then). Even with 40 volume (wasn't on very long and no heat was used, but still, kinda scary) it does not look or feel like hair that just went through heavy bleaching! My stylist assured me I could maintain the health of my hair with the Olaplex and still get the light blonde I wanted, and she was right!I now finally have my desired blonde color and still have smooth, healthy looking hair! I keep running my hands through it as it feels so silky! It's not weird or coated feeling, just feels like healthy virgin hair, but plumped up (love that).

I could feel and see the difference even while still in the chair with wet hair, right after the toner was done. The comb slid through easily, and the texture was not all super rough as it usually is after bleaching. Hours later, after letting my hair air dry (didn't have time for a blowout), it felt and looked silky, smooth, shiny and soft, without the super dry tangled mess I'm used to after a highlight. I could brush my hair and not have tons of breakage - I actually didn't see any hair loss. I smoothed in about a pea size bit of Hask oil which made it look even shinier! I feel so much better about myself as I not only have the color I want, but my hair looks and feels healthy too! I can't stop touching my hair - it feels so thick and silky!

I will update if anything changes, but my earlier experience with Olaplex 1 and 2, used during my partial highlight, left my hair feeling and looking healthy for weeks afterwards, so I'm hopeful it will still hold true for my recent heavy highlighting.

Ok, after all my gushing, here's more background on my hair so you can judge if you may get similar results:

I'm 45 years old, about 25% wiry gray, with thick Caucasian hair that's mostly straight with some random wave. My hair's in decent shape since chopping off the severe damage I received from an attempt to get my dream color about two years ago. I rarely blow dry or heat style, and wash my hair about twice a week, lately using Kerastase Bain Satin 2 shampoo and Nutritive mask along with an occasional Matrix Brass Off mask**

The only other time I was able to get the beautiful neutral/ash light blonde of my dreams was a couple years ago at a Toni & Guy salon, but there was a big catch. It only lasted a week until the toner faded. Then I was left with dingy yellow hair with a brassy golden cast to it (have I mentioned that I HATE gold tones on me). Even worse, I had a ton of breakage, with hair that felt and looked like the texture of cotton candy.

** oh, that reminds me, I should leave a review for it, as it not only does a wonderful job keeping brass away, but makes my hair feel moisturized, which is a nice surprise as other purple shampoos and conditioners I've used have been very drying/tangle-inducing. The Matrix Color Obsessed mask is quite nice! It's described as:

"A neutralising mask to cool and lighten brassy tones in colour-treated hair. A unique treatment mask, Total Results Brass Off Color Obsessed Custom Neutralization Mask uses an ultra-high concentration of blue-violet pigments to neutralise and eliminate the brassy undertones in coloured hair. What's more, the nourishing formula helps to repair and protect fragile hair, resulting in ten times less breakage with continued use."

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am on the fence about this stuff. The first time I used it, I thought it was great, then I washed my hair again and it didn't seem to have a lasting effect. I especially think the second step product is not all it's hyped up too be. At any rate, if it truly repairs your hair, as it claims, it should last for more than a wash or two. Especially since I only use high end products on my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Review for Step 2

I'm on my second bottle of this. I actually fried my hair again after bringing it back to life once with this stuff already but I'm finally at my virgin hair color and now I am trying to get what's currently on my head to as "virgin-like" as possible while I grow out the real deal. This stuff is the key to achieving that look. For super fried hair I consider this product essential.

However expensive it might seem, it will save you money on daily hair maintenance because it can actually improve your hair instead of just putting a bandaid on top. One of those seemingly tiny $22 bottles has six servings in it according to the directions - a tablespoon is what they recommend and this feels sufficient on my trapezius-skimming hair - and the results are cumulative, unlike conditioner. It does help stop breakage although if your hair is actually at that ripping-off-when-wet stage, you should start with 1. clarifying shampoo 2. Aphogee 2-step or plain hydrolyzed collagen, process with heat. Then your hair should be stabilized and you're ready to attain the next level of nice hair.

Improving texture is where this stuff really shines. There were parts of my hair that were extra heat-damaged on top of being bleach-, ammonia- and chlorine-damaged, and they resembled dry shrubbery more than Type 1 hair. Nothing masked how damaged that part of my hair was, but this stuff made it soft and flowy by about the 3rd treatment. I avoid silicones and basically all products besides shampoo and conditioner because I have very sensitive skin and yet even with my no-frills routine my hair has a natural shine to it, and that's despite the fact that without technological intervention I wouldn't have hair on my head at all. (We're talking bleach all over 5+ times, from black to HENNA brown to pale blonde - unimaginable horror - color removers 10+ times, ammonia-based dyes on already blown-out ends, innumerable demi-permanent refreshers, etc, etc.) It has movement, it has slip. It is not virgin-looking at this point, but it just looks good, and that alone is a miracle for me.

Don't do what it says on the bottle, that's the "get my client in and out of here" method for colorists on the job. Shampoo first so the product can penetrate the hair properly, then apply the Olaplex. Surprisingly you will get decent results even from 10 minutes or so but you will get so much more if you leave it on for hours or even overnight. I consider myself very results-oriented when it comes to products, I own very few luxury beauty products, but when it's needed it's needed. Olaplex has a nice, chic lotion-y scent. As I am scent-sensitive I'd prefer it had none at all, but it doesn't linger aggressively. So grateful for this amazing innovation!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry hair that frizzes easily. I don't have a lot of hair and it sheds a lot. I am able to get it to look ok with lots of the right product & tools. I had it highlighted last year and it looked good. Had it done a few months ago and again, no problems. My hairstylist decided to "freshen them up" last week. My hair was fried. I did lots of deep conditioning, tried to lay off theflat iron, but it was the only way to at least make it look smooth. And it started falling out. Big time. I purchased Opalfex 1 & 2 from Amazon and used it today. I cannot believe the difference. It feels full and bouncy and healthy for the first time in years. I did not flat iron it and I can see a bit of frizz, but it does not look or feel fried. I could not be happier. I am hoping that with weekly use it will keep getting better.

I left on 1 for about an hour and a half and the 2 for three hours. I did wash my hair and blow dried it with no product before the application. I read others leave it on overnight, but I was worried because I had never used it before.

I did purchase this from Amazon and I believe it is the real deal. If not, it must be a hell of an imitation.

I hope this is actually making my hair stronger, but for now I am thrilled with the look and feel.

I bought this off Amazon, knowing I was taking a risk and it could be fake. I would be pretty shocked if what I got isn't authentic- it's sealed, comes in an official looking box with instructions, and the bottles look exactly like the bottle of No. 3 I got directly from Olaplex. Anyway, I did 1 & 2 as a standalone treatment - I have level 3ish hair that I lightened to a level 6ish--not as drastic as a lot of Olaplex users have gone, but my dry, coarse, wavy hair HATES bleach, goes flat and undefined and poofy and scraggly at the slightest hint of it. I sprayed on No.1 with a spray bottle (i KNOW you aren't supposed to do that but it honestly was so much easier and efficient than pouring it over my head and if you cover your mouth and nose or wear a surgical mask you should be fine.) I let that sit for an hour or so, then put No.2 over it --WITHOUT rinsing, that's important-- and left it for 4 or so hours. Now, I had already done a long treatment with just No. 3, and that had gone a long way in giving me my natural hair back. I can't tell if this added on to that, or if just the 3 alone did enough of the work. If your hair isn't totally hopelessly damaged, I might try just the 3 first and see what that does. But anyway. I got my hair back. It's wavy and curly and clumps like healthy hair should, its still coarse and dry because that's what it is naturally, but it's also softer and feels strong. It's the hair I used to have. I will say that leaving 1 & 2 on so long was pretty drying to my hair- the first time after I washed and dried it, it was parched and straw like, and I was like ?? This Olaplex didn't work. But it was just dry. The next time I washed and conditioned, it was back to normal. After you do this, I'd recommend conditioning intensely. This really is a must try for anyone who does chemical processes and/or is frustrated with texture changes in their hair.

HOLY GRAIL. My hair is the same texture it was when I was 9. I bleach it every month.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Thankfully Olaplex no 3 is now available for the general public from the Olaplex website and my first order came fast!
Olaplex No. 1 & 2 is not available, so I placed two different orders of small containers from private online sellers. Be CAREFUL if you order online as one of my orders must be a Fake! We used some from each order to lighten uneven dark areas with bleach and now part of my head has mushy spots and takes ages to dry!!!! This was not on purpose to test each order, as we used most of the first order as a strengthening treatment prior and didn't have enough left. The other side, where most of the 2nd order got put on, is alright but it did take forever to process. We did not increase the peroxide volume because it says not to on fine or damaged hair & mine is both.

I used the rest of the legitimate product as a treatment a few days later and am now using no. 3 from the Olaplex site and it seems to slowly be helping this disaster I created.

I do kind of wish the marketing didn't say "push the envelope" as that tempted me to try No. 1 & 2 for something I normally would not have dared do. Stupid me though, it's totally my fault for not only the risk of the private seller orders, but for doing it at home!!!
I still have to give it a top rating for the side that worked.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Last time I was at the salon I went from balayage back to my natural dark brunette color. I have trouble with my hair breaking anytime I get a color treatment, so my stylist recommend we do an olaplex treatment. My hair never looked so good. Incredibly shiny and healthy looking. I also use the at home treatment once a week. Highly recommend if you have color treated hair, or are trying to grow your hair. When you get your next haircut, give it a try! There is nothing else like it.