Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu

Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu

4.3

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm currently on my second bottle, and I have to say this scent never grows old. Normally, I'm not big on floral-scented perfumes, but the tuberose is nicely countered with musk and sandalwood, and with everything combined, you get a well-balanced flora/musky scent that stimulates but doesn't overwhelm your sense of smell. It's definitely different from your typical feminine-smelling perfumes. I'd even say it hinges on being a unisex perfume.

Out of all the Narciso Rodriguez perfumes I've used, this is the most long-lasting one. It starts out strong on the floral side but eventually simmers down to a musky scent. I apply it to my pulse points and it lasts me a good 4 hours without reapplication. In terms of packaging, I LOVE how Narciso Rodriguez always go for the simple form. It's modern, practical, yet still manages to stand out. Retail-wise, it is on the pricey side, but I was able to get the 100mL bottle with a 20% discount online.

If you're a Narciso Rodriguez fan, or you're into floral/musky scents, then this perfume is worth a try.

on 10/12/2017 1:18:00 PM

Love this fragrance. Not a floral fan but the warm bottom notes in this balance it out beautifully. One spritz is enough to last through till morning and honestly it smells better the longer you wear it. Amazing sillage!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an almost overwhelming floral with woody notes, not subtle, musky & tuberose at first, with some strong jasmine mixed in. In fact, it reminded me almost immediately of something my mother used to wear--I'm not sure what, but it was almost certainly an Avon fragrance. Despite all that, I did enjoy it. My husband liked it, too. I don't think I'd wear it out, though. It would be very in-your-face, even if not applied heavily. But it lasted a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Incredibly simple in composition but magical in effect. Being a hater of the original Narcisco Rodriguez for her, as I hate orange blossom and orange and anything powdery, I did not expect to like my sample of its flanker. Boy was a wrong, now it is not the deep dark rose and wood (Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud) or the peppery spice (Burberry the Beat) that I typically go for, but it is dark and it is spicy. A little powdery at the start, but that itchy powdery quality quickly fades. Here is a pure blend of smooth sandalwood and smoky patchouli with just a whack of fresh jasmine. LOVE!

on 12/15/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

L'Absolu was launched in the US in Fall 2015 and it comes in a beautiful deep purply burgundy bottle, see the stock picture I uploaded. I have used Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT in the black bottle since its inception a decade ago, as well as the EDP in the pink bottle and the Musc Intense in the silvery purple bottle. This latest flanker adds Sandalwood and Patchouli while keeping the soft floral heart of the EDT. On my skin it has good longevity and moderate sillage. I really like it and think it's a good scent for colder temperatures and I plan to repurchase. $96/$123 for 1.7oz/3.4oz spray.

on 11/26/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmm, I'm wearing L'Absolu today and loving it. Soft, warm, woodsy, musky.

The latest in the NR line, it launched earlier in 2015, and Sephora describes it below:
=================================
This intense and enveloping fragrance captures the signature heart of musk in a voluptuous bouquet of jasmine. At the base, chypre patchouli and sandalwoods create an enchanting trail.

Notes:
Jasmine, Musk, Amberlyn, Sandalwood, Patchouli.
Style:
Intoxicating. Feminine. Timeless.
==================================
I'm mostly a big fan of the NR line -- I have many and have written reviews for them. I enjoy their latest L'Absolu Eau de Parfum very much. It's subtle, natural, earthy, and warm.