Mahalo Skincare Rare Indigo Beauty Balm

Mahalo Skincare Rare Indigo Beauty Balm

4.3

on 3/28/2018 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Mahalo's "The Rare Indigo" was another organic blue miracle balm I had the chance to try lately. (as there are meanwhile a lot of blue organic balms which all cost a little fortune)
What I like about the Mahalo balm is the consistency and that it does not sit on your skin but sinks in immediately.
What I don't like so much is the quite heavy scent. It doesn't smell bad, but very strongly herby, almost like cough medicine with honey in it. As a face care product this scent is simply too much for me.
Although I like the consistency after applying it, I have to say it's not really very moisturizing. if I (39, fair, dry sensitive skin) use it as a night mousturizer, my skin becomes a little dry and rough after a few days. In that price range and with those many result promises I expect more to be honest. And there actually are way better organic face balms (Leahlani Bless Balm for example) for half the price.
So, nice packaging, nice to use it, but the results didn't fully convince me.

on 12/25/2017 1:28:00 PM

Likes: pale cornflower blue color addictive, sweet fragrance highly concentrated very clean ingredients 15% off for BH subs beautiful wooden jar calms irritable, acne prone skin does not cause breakouts readily absorbed acts as a perfect primer for miner powder/color Not-so-likable: it’s smaller than other Mahalo products it’s more expensive ($100+) it’s not appropriate for severe dryness not intended for the eye area, and it really should not be applied there - causes puffy-eye for me every time can feel heavy when skin is oilier jar is unsanitary-sorry, it *just is*

on 11/25/2015 8:43:00 AM

This balm is a new fantastic product by Mahalo. This is composed of a variety of skin healing ingredients composed of butters, oils, and a vitamin c ester to rejuvenate skin. The balm itself is a lavender balm that melts into a creamy balm upon contact. This balm absorbs super quickly and softens my skin without being greasy or sticky. This comes in a magnificent glass jar which is covered in wooden packaging designed with the Hawaiian islands. This balm is very expensive, but I got a great deal on it (I received the Petal Mask along with it), which made it a great buy. I hope Mahalo continues expanding its line!